• Published 26th Nov 2018
  • 814 Views, 12 Comments

Cozy Glow Meets the Boogeymare - PanHead 537



The Boogeymare is coming... and she's very, very hungry.

  • ...
 12
 814

Chapter III: I Am Your Nightmare

Cozy Glow jolted awake, her chest heaving up and down with her rapid breathing. Glancing around, she noticed she was not in the bedroom, but back in the dungeon cell. Her heart rate returning to normal, she sat up slowly.

"It- it was just a dream," she whispered quietly. "Sweet Celestia, that was the worst nightmare I've ever had!"

She turned to check the clock on the wall. It read 2:00. Laying back down, she began chuckling quietly to herself and turned to face the cell of the brown unicorn mare, who was laying on her bunk, her chest rising and falling with each breath.

See? I told you those old pony's tales weren't real. she thought. I've said this before. Ponies will always, ALWAYS make these stories up just to scare one ano-

*SCRAAAAAAAAATCH!*

Cozy froze. She looked around, trying to trace the noise.

What was that? she thought, her heart rate climbing again.

*SCRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATCH!*

She quickly sat up, glancing around wildly. She pulled the cover close.

"No. It's not real. It's not real," she whispered. "It's just my imagination."

Reaching under her pillow, she grabbed the flashlight her fellow inmate had given her a few hours prior and turned it on. She thoroughly ran the light up and down the walls of the dungeon to check for anything in the dark. Nothing. Turning the light off, she began to lay back down on the bunk.

*SCRAAAAATCH! SCRAAAAAATCH! SCRAAAAAAAAAATCH*

Cozy shot back up. Quickly turning the flashlight on again, she shone it on the back wall of her cell. There was nothing. Looking closer, she noticed there were a few deep scratches in the wall.

Coooooooooooooozzzzzzzyyyyyy Gloooooooooooooow... a voice growled.

Cozy froze dead. Slowly turning around, she saw that something was clearly wrong. Her cell door was open! Slipping off her cell bunk, and on shaky hooves, she walked toward the open door. Turning her light on, she inspected both corridors of the dungeon. There was nothing.

"It's in your head." she said, walking back into the cell. "It's not real. It's not real."

You've been veeeeeeerrrrrry naughty.

Cozy whipped around. This time she quickly shined the flashlight on... once again, nothing. She turned the light off again.

"Alright. I know one of those guards is trying to scare me," she said quietly, a hint of frustration in her voice. "Come on. You think you can scare me?"

She grinned.

"Why, Miss Boogeymare! What big eyes you have! And what big teeth you have! I'm so scared of you!" she said, now laughing out loud.

Why, thank you, my little ponyyyyyyyy.

Cozy stopped laughing. She slowly turned around again.

Naaaaaaaaauuuuuuuughtyyyyyyyyyy... growled the Boogeymare. She lunged forward, tackling Cozy Glow to the ground.

"Ha! I know your weakness! Take this!" Cozy shouted, shining the flashlight into the Boogeymare's eyes, only to fail. The creature grabbed the flashlight out her grip and crushed it under her hoof. Gripping Cozy by her throat, she smiled.

At lasssssssssst. You're mine. the Boogeymare hissed, showing her fangs. Thisssssssss issssss going to be fffffffun.

"Please," Cozy cried, struggling in the creature's grip. "Leave me alone! I- I'm sorry. Wake up, Cozy Glow! WAKE UP!!! WAKE UP!!!!"

Ha ha ha! Wake up, you sssssssay? You are not assssssssleeeeep, little brat. Thisssssss isssssss the real world. And it'ssssssss asssssssss real asssssssss I am.

Cozy was now openly crying. "Why? W- why d- do- do you kill bad f- fillies and c- c- colts? W- what have they done t- t- to you?!"

Without warning, the Boogeymare thrust her clawed hooves into Cozy's side.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!"

What have they done to me? WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO MEEEEEEE?!?!?!?!?!? screeched the Boogeymare. You rotten little creaturesssssssssss took everythhhhhhing from me!!! Your kind kicked me when I wasssss down!!! Insssssssssulted me for never getting a cutie mark! Told me I wasssss trash! But now. Now, I have my revenge!

"I'm s- s- sorry," Cozy cried, her torso now leaking blood. "I- I- I promise to never be a bad f- filly again! Please, spare me!"

Sssssspare somepony like you? Ha ha ha! NEVER.

*SQUELCH!* *RRRRRRRIP!*

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

Oh, dear. said the Boogeymare, smiling wider than before. It sssssssssssseems you've lossssssssssst your wings.

Cozy looked at her sides. Her wings had been ripped clean off, and the area where they once were was gushing blood.

You know, cackled the Booeymare, taking a bite out of one of the severed wings. Every time I've killed sssssssssssomepony, I've alwayssssssss ripped off their limbsssss, and gutted their insssssssidessss. But, you. You're the naughtiessssssst filly I've ever come acrosssssss. I'm gonna do a little bit... mooooorreeeee.

She grabbed hold of all four of Cozy's legs and pulled on each one relentlessly.

*SQUELCH!* *RRRRRIP!!!* *CRRRRRAAAAAAAAAACK!!!* *SQUELCH!!!*

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"

Oh, dear me. groaned the Boogeymare. However will you walk without any legs?

Cozy was now profusely gushing blood from every part of her body. At least, what was still left of it. Still smiling that hideous smile, the creature raised her claws and thrust them right into the filly's eyes. Tightening her grip, she yanked both eyes out like they were flowers separating from a stem.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"

How unfortunate. You ssssssssseem to have gone blind, my dear. said the Boogeymare, licking the ends of the severed eye muscles.

And now, she said, grabbing hold of the filly's neck. Before I feassssssssst on your entrails, don't lose your head!

Cozy could hear the sickening sounds of flesh, bone, and muscle separating from one another as the Boogeymare began to pull on her neck like there was no tomorrow. And it would be the last sound she'd ever hear.

*SQUELCH!* *RRRRRIP!!!* *CRRRRRAAAAAAAAAACK!!!* *SQUELCH!!!* *CRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAK!!!*

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH-!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

*SNAP!*

My, my, my. Sssssssssuch a tragic end for you, my little pony. You shhhhouldn't have been ssssso naughtyyyyyyy. said the Boogeymare, taking a big bite out of the filly's severed head.

You know, my dear, you tassssssssste divine. And now, time for the main coursssssssse.

*SQUELCH!!!* *RRRRRIP!!!* *CRRRRRAAAAAAAAAACK!!!*

Ripping open Cozy's lifeless chest cavity, the creature smiled in delight. Glancing at the clock, it read 2:10.

There'sssss plenty of time before sssssssunrisssssse. Now, where do I sssssssssstart? she cackled.


"We came as fast as we could, Princess Celestia," Twilight Sparkle said, looking up at her former teacher. "What's going on?"

"It's about Cozy Glow," Celestia answered, her voice a bit shaky. "Last night, we had her put in one of the dungeon cells, planning to take her straight to Tartarus the next morning."

"So?" said Rainbow Dash. "What's the big emergency?"

"Rainbow Dash!" Twilight shot the blue Pegasus a glare.

"This morning when one of the guards went to wake her up, she was dead," Princess Luna answered. The Mane 6 gasped in surprise.

"D- d- d- d- dead?!" Fluttershy stuttered, hiding behind her mane.

"WHAT?!?!" Pinkie Pie yelled.

"How?!" Applejack asked.

"Come see for yourselves," Celestia answered, getting up from her throne. When they reached the dungeon, their eyes fell upon a gruesome sight. In front of one cell were the remnants of the pink filly that Twilight's students had stopped the day before. Her head, wings, and limbs had been ripped clean off. Her chest was ripped open, not one single internal organ remained. Rarity quickly fainted. Suppressing the urge to vomit, Twilight stepped forward. She noticed there was something on the wall of the cell.

"What's this?"

"'You've been very naughty. Now, here's your punishment. -The Boogeymare'." she read.

"Is- is t- that written in b- b- b- blood?" Fluttershy whimpered.

"Unfortunately, yes," Celestia answered.

"Why would somepony do this?" Twilight asked, a chill running down her spine.

"She did horrible things," Dash began. "but she didn't deserve this!"

"I wish I could say that you're dreaming."

The Mane 6 and the princesses turned to face the brown unicorn mare in the opposite cell. Twilight took a few steps closer.

"And who are you?" Pinkie Pie asked, raising an eyebrow.

"None of your business, that's who," the unicorn shot back, glaring at the pink pony.

"What do you know of this?" Applejack asked.

"Nothing," the unicorn answered. "When I woke up this morning, I found this little filly like this. Well, what's left of her, anyways."

"Come on, girls," Twilight said, turning to face her friends. "Let's go back to the throne room."

Everyone slowly made their way to the exit. Twilight was the last one out. She looked back at the remnants of the pink filly and tears began to form in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Cozy. I wish I could've taught you more."

Author's Note:

Well, that was a rather gruesome end for Cozy Glow. Epilogue to follow.