• Published 29th Sep 2018
  • 280 Views, 0 Comments

Just One Wish - shysage



Sometimes, after a long, hard day, or somethin' that leaves me shakin' away tears... into the barn, kick away a few hay bales... there it is... just one wish...

  • ...
 0
 280

Ch. 5

After daddy headed to work the next mornin', momma and I, we both cried together, huggin' out there in that field. There is no way I shoulda' even tried to say why I was crying, and momma freely admitted she didn't know why she was crying. She said Granny had warned her about this, but she just didn't know. But she said she was so glad I was here with her... I couldn't stop the tears after that...

We headed in for lunch as usual, both of us still wipin', shakin' away tears. I think daddy understood his Mare, an' hugged momma for a few minutes, then he hugged me too. Oh my goodness, I melted, and wanted to cry a bunch more buckets all over ag'in.

Daddy pulled a piece of paper out o' his sack, handed it to Granny Bloom. Granny spread it on the table, then carefully read it, then chuckled. Granny Bloom looked at me, sighed, then said calmly "Well AJ, young-un, looks like we need to find a new place for you to stay. It's just that Jack's granny, Granny Smith, well, it didn't take long, but she's plum fed up with Manehatten... she's comin' ba--"

Everything around me began to fade away right then, right there... Guess it was time for me to go... An' I started crying horrible... But as everything faded, I heard April Bloom, my momma, say this...

"Oh my goodness, Jack, she was an Angel... AJ -- Applejack!"