• Published 2nd Aug 2018
  • 884 Views, 3 Comments

The Burdens We Carry - LateToTheParty



The longer Equestrian magic runs wild in a world that wasn't designed to house it, the bigger the danger. Sunset must find a way to contain it. She just has to.

  • ...
1
 3
 884

Prologue

The spell was impeccably made.

As he probed the wall that blocked it, the creature felt no give. Even half cast and hastily made, Starswirl’s spell held fast, the perimeter strong and sound. There would be no passage there. Not even time’s loose clutches, could hope to deteriorate the bindings. That world was lost to him.

Wandering away, it felt for others, many uninhabitable for a creature such as it. They filtered through like a slide show of desolate valleys and lifeless dirt. Through and through and through. Dark, empty, barren.

That was when it felt something. Color. Life. Substance.

But that was not what he needed. So, he searched again, smoky tendrils feeling across the expanse, seeping through the cracks of reality and slithering under the refracted light of a luminescent orb, following the scent that tickled his formless body.

A soundless plea, desperate and pained, carried him forward.

She was hunched in a smokey wreckage and disheveled with stress, shuddering in a lonely sea of anger and want.

The creature drew close, surrounding her.

He spoke in a whisper that was not a whisper. His words reached her without disturbing the molecules that separated them.

What do you desire?”

She looked up in surprise before her eyes fell on him. He closed the distance, his essence caressed her form, soothing goose-bumped skin.

She opened her mouth and he gave her power. He nestled inside her skin, his new vessel in his new world.