• Published 9th Jul 2018
  • 1,021 Views, 142 Comments

Great To Visit, Even Better To Leave - Bronycommander



Liberty City, a city with high crime rates, the Police working hard to maintain order. A NOOSE officer is tested a keep a lost foal save from all this.

  • ...
2
 142
 1,021

Chapter 2 Tour and new friends

Chapter 2: Tour and new friends

Carl and his wife woke up as they heard whimpering. Silver Spoon was standing in the doorway with the Teddy Bear. “I had a nightmare.” The filly said sniffing.

Sofia took her into their bed. Silver Spoon calmed down. “You can sleep with us.” The young woman whispered as the foal was fell asleep.

Around nine in the morning Carl woke up and smiled. Silver Spoon was hugging the Teddy Bear tightly with a smile, while Sofia did the same with the foal.

Deciding to make breakfast, Carl made Oatmeal and a glass of juice for his young guest and some toast and coffee for his wife.

“Good morning, Silver Spoon, Sofia. I made you both breakfast.” He greeted as they walked in with a yawn.

“Good morning, Carl.”

Silver said as she enjoyed her breakfast along with Sofia.

“It was very good. What have you planned for today?”

Cal smiled as he ruffled the filly’s mane. “Well, we both are on vacation today. Aiden, my friend suggested that we should show you Liberty City. What do you think?”

She smiled. “Yes, I would love to see it. But I can’t go in the public like this.”

The married couple chuckled at her comment. “Since you are a child, we could just say that you are our daughter in her costume. Sounds good?” Sofia explained, it was the best she could think of at the moment.

Silver Spoon thought for a moment and nodded. “It sounds like it could work.”

The young woman was wearing clothes from Modo for the day. After leaving the penthouse they decided took Sofia’s Merit. Carl was driving and turned the Radio on. The station was JNR Jazz Nation Radio 108.5. It played Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers – Moanin.

They showed her around Algonquin, but only slowly because there was a lot of Traffic. Sofia could see the sparkles in Silver’s eyes as they drove around the city.

“Wow… this is like Manehattan.” She said as they drove through Star Junction.

“You have a city like Algonquin back home?” Sofia was surprised.

“Yes, Sofia. I was only there once on vacation with my sister and Vinyl. Manehattan has a street that looks exactly like this.”

“The more you know.”

They showed her the Randolf Art Center, the Panoramic Towers, the Hearst Tower, the Cleethorpes Tower, Africa Tower and may other sights of Liberty City. Last stop was the Rotterdam Tower.

“I hope you aren’t afraid of heights.” The Carl warned Silver.

“Why should I, Carl?” Silver asked as they entered the elevator.

“Because we’re going to the 82nd floor observatory. The Tower is 381 meters high, the highest building in Liberty City.”

Silver let out a whistle as they watched the numbers climb. Soon they reached the top and walked out onto the observation deck on top of the skyscraper.

The view was impressive, almost all of Liberty City could be seen from there. “Good thing I brought my binoculars with me.” He said as he cleaned them.

“I think I can see our house!” Silver Spoon said excited.

“Glad to hear that you enjoy the view.” Sofia’s heart melted from Silver Spoon’s happiness.

“Hey, is that the Statue of Liberty I see in the distance?” The filly asked curious.

Sure enough in the distance the group could see a statue of a woman holding a large coffee cup.

“That’s the Statue of Happiness on Happiness Island. But I think we should go eat something.” Carl looked on his watch, seeing it was noon.

Silver’s stomach growled. “Yeah, maybe another time.”

At the Burger Shot in Topaz Street, Varsity Heights, Carl ordered a Moo Kids Meal for Silver Spoon, a Beef Tower for himself and a Salad Meal for his wife. “Please enjoy your meal little one.” The woman that worked here said to Silver Spoon with a smile.

“I hope you don’t mind if I eat meat.” Carl was blushing as he had forgotten that ponies were vegetarians.

Silver Spoon shrugged. “Not at all. Back home, my parents sometimes had business meetings with Griffons and they eat meat, so it is not surprising for me.” The grey Earth pony explained, calm about it.

Silver enjoyed her meal with every bite. “That is delicious!” She exclaimed happy.

“Same for us.” Sofia said as she took her hoof andgave Silver a hug. Soon the trio finished their meals and started to leave.

“Have a wonderful day!” the worker called out.

Back in the Merit, Carl switched to Radio Broker. The Black Keys - Strange Times played.

“In Equestria, we eat also burgers. They are called Hayburgers as they have hay instead of meat. We also have horseshoe-shaped fries and onion rings, along with milkshakes.” The filly told them.

Both adults listened with intrigue and curiosity. “Looks like our cultures aren’t so different from each other.” Carl said as he drove back home.

“Apart from Algonquin, there is Broker, Dukes, Bohan and the Alderney State where Alderney is, the neighboring state of Liberty City State. The Alderney State Police has its own uniforms. They wear a sky blue shirt with or without a navy blue jacket on top and navy blue trousers with a yellow stripe on the side of each leg. As you have seen, officers of the LCPD wear navy blue uniforms with black buttons and navy blue shoes. As the Alderney State police cannot afford its own cars and weapons, they use our cars and weapons. I would love to show you the rest of Liberty City, but the others districts are closed due to the threat of terrorism.” He told her, with a bit of disappointment.

“That’s okay. I think if have seen enough for today.” Silver Spoon said.

The next stop on the tour was Middle Park. Aiden in his uniform along with his wife was sitting on a bench watching their children playing tag. “Hey buddy! How’s it going?”

Carl smiled and gave Aiden a handshake while Sofia hugged his wife. “Good. We showed Silver Spoon around Algonquin.”

Carl then turned towards Silver.

“You know already Aiden. That’s his wife Emily and their children Mason and Emma.” Aiden was a fit officer with Black hair and blue eyes, while his wife had also black hair and green eyes. Their children had the same hair as Carl and Sofia, but their eye colors were swapped around. They looked confused at the filly but then smiled.

“Hello there. Do you want to play with us? “Mason asked politely.

“Sure why not.”

Emily smiled as she watched the children play with their new friend. “She just as cute as you described. I just hope that her sister isn’t too worried.”

“I know your feeling. But now she has some friends of her age.” Sofia also smiled.

They played until the sun was starting to set. “That was fun!” Silver Spoon said as they left the park. She was very happy that she enjoyed her first day in Liberty City. “Yes it was. We want to do a picnic here tomorrow; do you want to come too?” The young girl asked her new friend.

“Yes, Emma. Can we, Carl?” She gave him puppy eyes.

“Of course.”

“Okay, see you tomorrow!” Mason called out as they headed home.

Once home, Sofia made a salad and noodles for Dinner. “Carl, Sofia, is it okay if I call you my parents?” Silver Spoon said with some blush to her face. Both Carl and Sofia looked at each other and smiled.

“We would love it sweetheart, we always wanted to be parents. Leave the cleaning to us.” Carl replied, not minding it at all.

“Okay Daddy, I’ll go draw before I go to bed.” She walked into the living room.

Once the cleaning was finished, they looked after their “daughter as their hearts melted at the scene. She was fallen asleep on the floor with a drawn picture in her hooves.

On it were Octavia with the word “sister” and Vinyl with the word “friend”. Also there was Diamond Tiara also with the word “friend”. Under them was written “I miss you.”

Carl hung the picture up on the fridge while Sofia brought her to bed and laid the glasses on the nightstand.

“Goodnight, my little Silver.” She gave her a kiss on the forehead.

“It breaks my heart. She misses them so much.” Carl looked sad upon seeing the picture.

“But still, we are here for her and we should enjoy every second with her.” His wife countered with a smile.

“That’s right, Sofia.”

Soon the couple gave a goodnight kiss to each other and went to sleep.

Hours passed as the sun started to rise over the city.

Sofia yawned and stretched herself. It’s going to be a wonderful day. She thought as she looked out of the window.

Silver Spoon trotted in with a tray in her mouth. “Good morning. I made you breakfast.”

She said setting the tray on the night stand. She had made toast and juice for Sofia and Carl to eat.

The two adults ate their breakfast with smiles while Silver watched happily. “Thanks, Silver. It tasted very good.” Carl looked at her happy.

She blushed. “Thanks. Just because I was born in a rich family, doesn’t mean I don’t know how to make a good breakfast.”

Carl prepared everything for the picnic.

In the Middle Park, meanwhile Aiden expected them alreadyand was happy to see them. “Good morning you’re three. How are you doing, Silver Spoon?” he kneeled down to her.

“I’m doing great!”

“Glad to hear it. Well, let’s begin, shall we?”

Emily had brought some chocolate for the children. They enjoyed the picnic. After that, they played cops and robbers in the grass.

The adults watched them with smiles as Mason caught Silver Spoon “Got you!” Mason tackled the filly to the ground and tickled her.

She laughed. “Stop! Please!” Catching her breath, Silver listened to the Saxophone players in the park. She loved that music and it made her remember back home listening to her sister.

The moment was interrupted by two men who brawled but after Aiden said, “Hey you two, stop right now!” they got along.

Before they went home, Carl bought some nuts for his daughter which she enjoyed with a big smile.

Once they arrived home they watched on TV which got Silver Spoon interested in A History of Liberty City, I’m Rich and Weazel News.

They watched TV until Spoon started holding her neck. “My neck hurts.”

“Don’t worry; I have just the right against it.” Sofia warmed a clean sock full of white rice in the microwave and gave it Silver Spoon.

“That’s better.” She lay down in the bed and soon fell asleep.

“Goodnight. Sweet dreams.” Sofia gave her a kiss on the forehead as she went to bed with Carl as well. They all slept peaceful that night, unaware that tomorrow, things would change.

Author's Note:

I guess you know who will change it.