• Published 22nd Jul 2012
  • 1,861 Views, 9 Comments

Magic of the Heart - Narchu Pikana



My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Kingdom Hearts Crossover

  • ...
4
 9
 1,861

Reveal

Magic of the Heart
Chapter 3: Reveal


The train ride wasn’t super long to Canterlot, but after what Twilight and Spike went through it felt like ages. The tension in the air was thick. Both of them had things they planned to say but couldn’t bring themselves to saying it. Though they didn’t talk much other ponies were talking, fear strong throughout the car. When Canterlot was finally seen ahead of the train car, the baby dragon finally spoke, “I hope the others are ok.” He said looking at the floor. “They should be Spike. We’ve all been through a lot.” The alicorn princess smiled lightly but she could not make it convincing. “Let’s just get the castle and see the princess alright?” Spike nodded and hopped down from the seat as the train came to a stop. Twilight followed shortly after. The two started their run to the castle, but not in full gallop in slight fear that it may cause panic in the city. “Those creatures don’t appear to be here Twilight. Maybe we’re finally in luck?” “I don’t know. If the princess saw these monsters coming then maybe she already has a way to keep them out? Though she seems to have extra guards just in case.” Twilight said noticing the extra guards stationed around. “Can’t blame them. I think these things maybe worse then a hyrdra, manticore, and zombie ponies all put together!” Spike said trembling. Twilight rolled her eyes on the zombie pony part, “Still on about zombie ponies?” “Can you blame me? With stuff like this how can we be sure that isn’t possible?” Twilight opened her mouth to speak, but paused realizing there was a slight point.

A short time passed and the two came up the castle. A guard noticed the rushed two and raised his weapon at the ready before lowering it once more realizing who it was. “Oh Princess Twilight there you are. Princess Celestia has been waiting for you.” He stepped aside, this time saluting. Twilight nodded, now galloping at a faster pace, forcing Spike to tighten his grip. The castle was much more silent than normal. There were a few more guards down the halls, yet this oddly seemed the least guarded location. Each one saluted the charging alicorn who did not stop to say anything. Normally these halls had more servants and even a few visiting ponies, but today it seemed the princess requested everyone out or something. Twilight slowed her pace as her breathing became labored. It had become a little too much to run that fast and long. She felt she’d run more this day then any other day in her life. That’s when her ear went up hearing a familiar voice coming from behind a large doorway. Twilight glanced at it remembering seeing this room before but it normally had a large padlock on it. “Is that Celestia’s voice behind it?” Spike asked hearing it too. Twilight nodded a moment trying to say ‘yes’ but couldn’t let it out through her gasps for air. She lifted her hoof and knocked on the door. Inside she heard the princess’ voice say to someone, “Ah that must be Twilight Sparkle. One moment.” The door slowly creaked open for Twilight and Spike to enter, and what she saw inside surprised her a bit.

“Ah Twilight, we’ve been waiting for you.” Celestia said smiling. The princess was sitting on a pillow much like one on her throne with a small table to her side. On top of the table was a teapot and a cup still steaming from the hot tea inside. In front of Celestia was a mirror, slightly larger than herself, and appeared stylized with decorations of wizard hats and wands, looking like something The Great and Powerful Trixie may have designed. In fact, the whole large room had different mirror on each side of the room with different designs on them, all fitting some theme. Twilight stood there, mouth a bit agape from seeing her old tutor sitting around when there were so many ponies out there in trouble. “Excuse me princess?!” Twilight could not help but yell. She did not normally speak out against the princess like this, as it was rather common for the princess to do nothing, but at a time like this was terrible. “All of Ponyville is being attacked and who knows where else?! While you are just sitting here looking at yourself in the mirror?! And what do you mean ‘we’?!” Twilight screamed, infuriated.

“I must say Princess Celestia, for how much you spoke of your apprentice I did not expect that to be the first words I heard from her.” Twilight’s anger vanished in almost a instant and turned to confusion. That voice she never heard before, and it seemed to come from the mirror the princess was sitting before. Twilight slowly stepped forward without saying a word, the door shutting behind her. As she got closer to where the princess was she could see in the mirror, no reflection of the princess but instead a old human man garbed in blue robes and a wizard hat on his head. His face appeared to be in a angered state, but he didn’t seem to give off any real anger at all. “Is that?” “A human?” Spike finished Twilight’s question. The man’s face, though remaining stern let a small smile creep across his face. “Ah there you are Princess Twilight Sparkle. I wondered if you were going to keep us waiting any longer.” The old man said making Twilight freeze. “I’m so sorry I came as fast as I could um…” She paused just keeping eye contact through the looking glass. Celestia cleared her throat to break the silent tension. “Twilight this is Yen Sid, a powerful wizard from another world. I called you to speak to him as he knows very much about these Heartless attacking our world.” Yen Sid’s demeanor changed to a much more upset hearing Celetia’s words. When Celestia noticed she waved her hoof to dismiss the fear, “Oh Yen Sid she knows of other worlds. She noticed you were a human didn’t she? She’s been to another world at least once.” Twilight realized what that meant, and started looking down the hall. There were so many of these mirrors, each with different symbols. If what Celestia had hinted to then that would mean each of these mirrors would be a portal to another world, just like the one in the Crystal Empire. “I would suppose that is true.” Yen Sid said stroking his long gray beard, “But you know the rules between worlds. Just because you have the connections to other worlds, does not mean you should go and tell others. It keeps our worlds safer this way.” Twilight shivered feeling this man’s coldness come to surface. Celestia let out a gentle sigh as she used her magic to both sip her tea and pour a cup for Twilight and Spike at the same time. She paused looking toward the door and Twilight once more. “Wait. Where are your friends Twilight?” Celestia asked a bit surprised rarely seeing them separate sense she moved to Ponyville. “They are back in Ponyville still princess. There were some grave matters they needed to attend to.” Worry crawled on the lavender alicorn’s face which she preferred to try and hide. Celestia’s own face changed too, but to that of fear. “Twilight I asked for you all to be here.” “I know princess but I had to be here quickly, and the other girls had to protect their own loved ones. They are all strong, no reason they shouldn’t be safe right?” Twilight looked between Yen Sid and the princess, both with grim expressions. Yen Sid finally spoke up. “Young princess…you may have put your friends very lives at risk.”