• Published 26th Mar 2018
  • 601 Views, 21 Comments

The Cutie Mark Adventure - Mylittleponyfan



The Crusaders learn to fight villains with their cutie marks.

  • ...
 21
 601

Chapter 2 - The Adventure

Chapter 2 - The Adventure

The Cutie Mark Crusaders arrived at the schoolhouse playground.

"Hey, Pipsqueak!", greeted Apple Bloom.

"Oh, hi, Apple Bloom! What brings you here?", said Pipsqueak.

"Oh, we just wanted to say thanks for helpin' us get our cutie marks!", said Apple Bloom.

"You're welcome!", said Pipsqueak.

"Yeah! 'Cause with these cutie marks, we're, like, twice as awesome!", said Scootaloo.

"Agreed!", said Sweetie Belle.

"Yeah!", said Pipsqueak.

"Say, do you think we could even fight bad guys with these cutie marks?", Apple Bloom asked Pipsqueak.

"Yeah! I heard that you could!", he said.

"Cool! Well, let's try it out!", said Apple Bloom.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders run off. However, Apple Bloom runs back to Pipsqueak.

"Let's meet again sometime, okay?", Apple Bloom asked him. "Okay," said Pipsqueak.

"Hey, Apple Bloom! Come on! No time to be talkin' to lover boy!", Scootaloo shouts to Apple Bloom. Irritated, Apple Bloom scowls and runs off, leaving Pipsqueak confused.

The Crusaders begin walking in the field.

"So cool to hear we can fight bad guys with our cutie marks!", said Apple Bloom.

"Yeah!", said Sweetie Belle.

The Crusaders begin to sing "Adventure," a parody of "Tribute" by Tenacious D. Sweetie Belle sings.

"This is the greatest and best moment yet / Adventure / Today, me and my best buddies here, / We was hangin' out in our clubhouse / And then soon after, / We came to talk to Pipsqueak / And that ain't no doubt / And he told us..."

Apple Bloom sings, "That we can fight bad guys with our cutie marks"

Sweetie Belle sings, "Me and my buddies / We all got elated / And we was very..."

The Crusaders sing, "Anticipated"

Sweetie Belle sings, "And we went to go and try it out / That's what we're goin' to do / We're gonna try it out / We are gonna go try it out"

The Crusaders sing, "Look into our eyes and then you will see we are very desperate to try this out / We will cheer and shout / Just for about a day or so, we will try our powers on all villains / It will be amazin'"

Sweetie Belle sings, "Needless to say, / The foes were stunned / "Hi-ya!" went me and my buddies / And the foes were done / They could ask us, / "Be you heroes?""

The Crusaders sing, "And we'd say, "No! We are just kids!" / Yeah / Ahhh, ahhh, ahhh-ah-ah / Ohhh / Whoa / Ah-whoa-oh"

Sweetie Belle sings, "This will be the greatest moment ever, yeah / This is an adventure / Can't ever forget the greatest moment ever, no"

The Crusaders sing, "No / It's an adventure, ohh"

Sweetie Belle sings, "To the greatest moment ever, all right / This is the greatest moment ever, all right"

Sweetie Belle briefly scats, then sings, "The greatest moment ever, ohhh"

While Apple Bloom and Scootaloo vocalize, Sweetie Belle makes gibberish noises and blows a small raspberry. Then Sweetie Belle sings, "And the important thing is this, my friends: / The moment we're gonna have today / It's gonna be the greatest moment ever seen, yay"

The Crusaders sing, "This is an adventure / It's gonna be awesome / We're all gonna be there / We're so excited for today"

Sweetie Belle sings, "Ah, yay"

The Crusaders sing, "My gosh / Oh, Celestia"

Sweetie Belle sings, "We're so surprised that we're gonna make it, ah"

The Crusaders make gibberish noises.

Sweetie Belle sings, "All right / All right"

Sweetie Belle briefly dances and the Crusaders begin to head bang and strike a finishing fighting pose as the song ends.

"Cutie Mark Crusaders forever!", the Cutie Mark Crusaders cheer as they high hoof each other.

"Hmm. Who could we ask to help with our cutie marks?", asked Scootaloo.

The Crusaders think for a moment, "Hmm..." Apple Bloom gets an idea. "I got it!"

"Really?", said Sweetie Belle.

"What?", asked Scootaloo.

"How 'bout we ask Zecora?", said Apple Bloom.

"No," said Scootaloo.

"Oh. Okay," said Apple Bloom.

The Crusaders think some more, "Hmm..." Sweetie Belle gets an idea.

"I-dea!", Sweetie Belle said in a sing-song voice, similar to her sister Rarity.

"What?", said Scootaloo.

"Why don't we ask Princess Celestia?", said Sweetie Belle.

"No. That's too extreme," said Scootaloo.

"Oh, okay," said Sweetie Belle.

Scootaloo gets an idea.

"I know! How about Discord?", she asked.

"Yeah! Great idea!", Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom shout. Suddenly, Discord appears.

"Did somepony say my name?", asked Discord.

"Yeah! We did!", the Crusaders said.

"Oh, and what will you three fillies want from me?", asked Discord.

"We'd like you to help us out!", said Sweetie Belle.

"Man, if I had a nickel for every time I heard that. That was actually what my grandfather used to always say," said Discord. He then has a flashback of his grandfather walking with his cane, only to fall down.

"I'd like you to help me out!", said his grandfather.

Young Discord runs up to his grandfather and helps him up. In another flashback, Discord's grandfather tries to zap a spoon toward him so he can eat dinner. However, he fails as the spoon hits him in the face and falls to the floor.

"I'd like you to help me out!", said his grandfather.

Young Discord picks up the spoon, cleans it, and gives it to his grandfather. In another flashback, Discord's grandfather is about to eat his dinner when his dentures fall out.

"I'd like you to help me out!", said his grandfather.

Young Discord gives his grandfather's dentures to him and he puts them back in. Discord gets back to the Crusaders.

"So anyway, what did you want?"

"Uh, I said we'd like your help with our cutie marks," said Sweetie Belle.

"Really?"

"Yeah. We want you to give us some kinda power that gives us the ability to fight bad guys," said Apple Bloom.

"Well, I am not so sure about that. It might be dangerous," warned Discord.

"No it won't. Our cutie marks will protect us," Sweetie Belle said.

"Not if you do not have your powers."

"So give it to us!", said Apple Bloom. Blushing a bit, she whispers to herself. "I can't wait to show Pipsqueak!"

Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Discord look at Apple Bloom and ask her in unison, "What was that?"

Apple Bloom replies, "Oh! Nothin'!"

"Well, I apologize, but I cannot give you your powers," Discord told the Crusaders.

"Huh? Why not?", asked Sweetie Belle.

"Because, uh...", Discord began, but then remembered something. "Oh! Today is my Tuesday tea party with Fluttershy! I must go!"

Discord snaps his fingers and disappears. The Crusaders are disappointed.

"Aww!"

"Not even Discord could help us! So unfair!", complained Sweetie Belle.

"Agreed, sister. And I don't even know him that well," said Apple Bloom.

"Neither do I," said Sweetie Belle.

"So, what do we do?", asked Scootaloo.

Sweetie Belle thinks for a moment, then gets an idea. "I have an idea! Come with me!"

Sweetie Belle runs off and Apple Bloom and Scootaloo follow her. The scene fades to the Crusaders arriving at Twilight's castle.

"Ya know, this was a sweet idea, Sweetie Belle!", said Apple Bloom.

"Yeah. After all, Twilight must be the answer to our problem," said Sweetie Belle.

"Eeyup," replied Apple Bloom, sounding remarkably like her brother.

Sweetie Belle knocks on the door and Twilight opens it.

"Oh. Hi, girls. What do you need?", said Twilight.

"We're here to ask you to conjure up a magic spell for our cutie marks to temporarily give us the ability to fight bad guys!", said Sweetie Belle.

"Yeah! And it's gonna be so cool when we obtain these supernatural powers that we'll use for good!", said Apple Bloom.

"Indeedily so!", said Scootaloo.

"Oh. Sure thing. Come on in," said Twilight and walks inside as the Crusaders follow suit.

"So can you help us?", asked Sweetie Belle.

"Well, I was working on a spell, but I guess I'll do this for you," said Twilight.

"Great!", said Sweetie Belle.

"Here we go," said Twilight. She performs a magic spell on the Cutie Mark Crusaders. The room begins to be illuminated by her horn and it soon becomes very bright from the magic. It shoots towards the Cutie Mark Crusaders, who gasp in delight, and it rises them up into the air. When they reach the floor, they each have gear on. Sweetie Belle has a dark blue jumpsuit, which is accessorized with diamonds and gems. Her two front hooves have a bracelet of pink gems. She has a mask that looks like a masquerade ball mask, leaving eye holes to see. Apple Bloom has a red jumpsuit with a black mask that doesn't touch her eyes or muzzle. The back of her mane and tail are wrapped in green and there are a few other accessories on her as well. Scootaloo has a black suit and helmet, outlined by white. She has a necklace of rope, with a lightning bolt at the end. The Cutie Mark Crusaders squeal in delight.

"We're the Power Ponies!", cheered the Crusaders.

"We need all of them though. Before we can fight monsters, we need to find some others!", said Scootaloo.

"Think you can do the spell again later, Twilight?", asked Apple Bloom.

"I guess," said Twilight.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders run out the door, giggling. Then they say in sing-song voices, "We're gonna fight some bad guys! We're gonna fight some bad guys! We're gonna fight some bad guys!"

The Crusaders arrive at the Everfree Forest.

"Do you really think we'll find monsters somewhere deep in the forest?", asked Apple Bloom.

"Sure. After all, it is a dangerous and scary place. But we're up for the challenge! Right, Crusaders?", said Sweetie Belle.

"Right!", said Apple Bloom and Scootaloo.

The Crusaders continue their journey. Suddenly, they hear growling.

"Did you hear that?", said Sweetie Belle.

"Yeah," Apple Bloom and Scootaloo replied.

The Crusaders see the chimera approaching. Apple Bloom gasps and says, "Uh-oh! It's the chimera!"

"The what?", asked Scootaloo.

"Don't worry, girls. We can take it," said Sweetie Belle.

"Well, well, well! If it isn't "Little Miss Filly Apple Pie" with two new members: "Little Pony Peep" and "Filly Tomboy"!", taunted the chimera's tiger head.

The chimera's goat and snake head laugh. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo are offended.

""Filly Tomboy"?!", said Scootaloo.

""Little Pony Peep"?!", said Sweetie Belle.

"All right, you! Come on!", said Apple Bloom.

Apple Bloom goes into a fighting stance. The chimera's tiger head chuckles.

"Very well," said the chimera's tiger head.

"If you want to play difficult...", said the chimera's goat head.

"Then ssso be it," the chimera's snake head finished.

"If you want it...", said the goat head.

"You got it," the snake head finished.

The chimera's tiger head growls as it begins to circle Apple Bloom, who follows suit.

"We ain't afraid of you," said Apple Bloom.

The chimera's snake head hisses at Apple Bloom.

"Now, you guys!", ordered Apple Bloom.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders and the chimera begin to battle.

"Hi-ya!", Apple Bloom shouted as she lunges at the chimera, but the snake head whacks Apple Bloom away. Scootaloo lunges at the chimera and they struggle for a bit until the goat head hits Scootaloo off.

"Oof!", grunted Scootaloo.

Apple Bloom delivers a flying kick to the tiger head, Sweetie Belle kicks the goat head, and Scootaloo punches the snake head.

"Hyah!", shouted Scootaloo.

Defeated, the chimera falls down.

"Cutie Mark Crusaders unite!", the three said. Holding hooves, their cutie marks glow and send a huge flash that sends the chimera away.

"Whoo-hoo! All right! That was rad, you guys! Now let's go see Pipsqueak and tell him it worked!", cheered Apple Bloom.

"You mean lover boy?", Scootaloo teased.

Apple Bloom scowls as Sweetie Belle teases, "You wanna go to your little boyfriend?" Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo giggle to themselves.

"Let's just go," said Apple Bloom and the Crusaders run off.

The Crusaders approach Pipsqueak as Apple Bloom greets, "Hi, Pipsqueak!".

"Hi, Apple Bloom! Wow! You guys look so cool in those outfits!", said Pipsqueak.

"Thanks. But, um, we just wanted to come to tell you that it worked! We can use our cutie marks against bad guys!", said Apple Bloom.

"Sweet!", said Pipsqueak.

"And... thanks. For tellin' us."

"Anytime."

Apple Bloom begins to blush. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo notice this.

"I knew it!", said Scootaloo.

"So you do like Pipsqueak!", said Sweetie Belle. She and Scootaloo giggle to themselves. They say in a sing-song voice, "You like Pipsqueak! You like Pipsqueak!" In denial, Apple Bloom begins shaking her head.

"No, no, no, no... ugh! Fine! I like Pipsqueak!", Apple Bloom admits. Pipsqueak is touched by this.

"Wow. Apple Bloom, I never knew you thought of me that way." Pipsqueak smiles and Apple Bloom smiles back.

"Great! That's good to know!", said Scootaloo.

"So, uh, why don't you come with us to our clubhouse?", asked Apple Bloom.

"Why, I'd be delighted!", said Pipsqueak.

The Crusaders and Pipsqueak arrive at the clubhouse.

"In order to show how much we appreciate your help, we've decided to have a little snack party for me and you," said Apple Bloom. Pipsqueak smiles.

"Oh, I'm so touched. Thank you for this," said Pipsqueak.

"Our pleasure. Please, have a seat," said Apple Bloom.

In the clubhouse, there are streamers and balloons, along with a bowl of punch, four punch cups, a ladle, some cookies, and a few cupcakes on the table. When she thinks nopony is looking, Scootaloo takes a cookie and munches on it. Apple Bloom and Pipsqueak sit down as Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo happily watch them.

"So Pipsqueak, how've you been?", asked Apple Bloom.

"Okay. How about you?"

"Peachy."

As Apple Bloom and Pipsqueak begin to talk casually, various monstrous silhouettes begin to appear outside the clubhouse.