• Published 17th Feb 2018
  • 478 Views, 4 Comments

An overly non-simplistic guide to Equestria species. - Steelwing the Griffon



Have you ever thought 'Do Flurgles actually taste like Blueberries?' If so then this book isn't for you, however if you wish to learn about the species that inhabit Equestria and its surrounding lands then you came to the right place!

  • ...
 4
 478

Equestrian Compendium - A light start to a not so light book!

Greetings to those who have picked up my marvellous work! If this is for a school assignment or you happened upon this by accidental 'I need the bathroom and something to read' discovery then do not fret, it is quite the interesting piece whether you take into account of this information or use if for said toilets paper.

I guess to start I should introduce myself, my name is Dark Inkwell...well what did you expect from my name, I write books for a living. I went out of my way to explore the lands of Equestria to gather information on the creatures that exist in this world, surely this caught your attention now right? If not then that does not matter as that is not everything I have written about, if you look upon the index page that I have so lovingly placed in...

I take that back, upon going back through my works I decided that index pages are for kids and if you yourself are a child then you will have to deal with it, regardless back to the matter at hoof! Not only have I studied works upon creatures but that of the Fauna as well and if you somehow get to the end of this book without falling asleep then you will come upon my magic section. No not magical creatures or plants of course, I am talking about magic in itself..as much as I would love to ramble on about it I guess I should go over how I got this information.

You see this isn't just a documentary, but a journey! I figured why not mix and match the information I got along with the actual experiences I had, most were pleasant but others were...you know what I'll let you read the dragons subsection of the mountainous species for that. Even as I write this my wife is giving me that fire-breath filled glare she does when I mention how I met her, she's not proud of that moment.

I'm going to pull back on the rambling for now and go to the actual writing of the book itself, but I must say I am not sure that many of you will appreciate the information I have here so fine...I will state that this book and all information purposed within its pages happened only in this universe, possible other books will have other information along with similar (Yet less handsome) authors. Is that good enough? Wonderful, let us begin!