• Published 19th Jul 2012
  • 1,014 Views, 12 Comments

The Time Veil Fail - CheMikal96



In a science experiment gone wrong Daniel Richards finds himself in a land of talking ponies.

  • ...
4
 12
 1,014

The Search for a Mother

The ponies moved Daniel in his sleep to Twilight's house. They made a makeshift pallet for him to sleep on so he could rest as it seemed as he hadn't slept in days. They discussed what to do with him.

"Uh. What...ah mean...where do we put em?" Applejack asked. All of them agreed on one thing. He needed somewhere to stay, but the question was who would take care of him.

"Ooh ooh ooh! I know I know! He can stay with that one pony! Um....whatshername...Laurie? Layra? Leerey?” Pinkie couldn't stop bouncing up and down. Everyone knew exactly which mare the pink party pony meant.

"Lyra! Oh my gosh she is perfect! She is absolutely obsessed with humans! That means she would be able to take care of him!" TWilight screamed loudly. Everyone gasped at the same time. The light aquamarine pony was "THE ONE" for the job! Humans were her life. She sat like them, acted like them, and did everything she could to be just like the odd creatures.

"I'll find her!" Rainbow said before zooming off.

"...uh...Rainbow...wrong way..." Fluttershy whispered just loud enough for the brightly colored pegasus to hear her. Twilight hoofpalmed. Rainbow Dash blushed and turned and flew the other direction.

"That mare would get nowhere fast without help." Rarity snapped. She quickly realised she said that out loud and apologized. They walked through Ponyville looking for Lyra. After checking every house, but one they found her. Her Bon Bon and Carrot Top were at Carrot's house gossiping about other mares.

"Oh he-EEeek!" Lyra screeched while being dragged off by her mane. Carrot Top and Bon Bon just stared wide eyed at the slowly disappearing pony. They walked, well...everyone except Lyra and Pinkie. Lyra being dragged and Pinkie hopping somewhat impossibly around. After a while Lyra just let it happen angrily. Finally they reached the library.

"Why did you girls dra-Is that a..!?! Is he!?!? OH WOW O WOW O WOW!!!" Lyra shrieked. She ran and pulled up a chair and sat, ...huh? Oh yeah. Pinkie says like a human.


Consciousness slowly crept back to Daniel. He opened his eyes once again. There they are again...those ponies...and a new one staring straight at him. Did I just imagine that they talked?

"Wakey wakey lemon shakey!" said the pink one. Well that answers that question. So lets think, I'm in a place where ponies talk. Daniel slowly reached towards the one in the chair in front of him. She started smiling widely. His hand slowly brushed her mane. She nuzzled his hand and then grinned cutely.

"Uh...so...you can talk? What is your name?" Daniel questioned. She acted like she had just won a million dollars.

"Oh I'm Lyra!" the mare stated. Well...this is a start Daniel thought.


It turns out Lyra was going to be the one watching him while he was here. Well. Might as well get used to it.



So um...Chem here again...I just wanted to say...this is just getting to the story. More or less filling in empty spaces in the background story. Um...please rate and comment...-Chem <3