• Published 27th Oct 2017
  • 785 Views, 8 Comments

A Girl's Best Friend - Bookpony579



It's Rarity's turn to save the day! But is she up to the task?

  • ...
1
 8
 785

Chapter 4

For a moment everybody just stared at where the machine had just been.

Then...

"AAAAAAaaaaaahhhhhhh!" Rarity's high pitched shriek echoed through the air, causing the girls to hastily plug their ears in discomfort.

"Rarity!" Aj scolded.

"Sorry." Rarity said, blushing with embarrassment.

"Stand back and get ready!" Twilight commanded and they did just that. Rainbow and Aj were getting ready to fight why Fluttershy looked like she was getting ready to run.

Suddenly a giant purple reptilian claw emerged from the water! I reached over to Rarity's make-up case...

"STAY AWAY FROM MY COSMETICS YOU FIEND!" Rarity shot a blast of magic at it. The claw recoiled but quickly recovered and it for the case again.

Applejack seized the moment to pounce on it. She managed to use her strength to pull it slightly more out of the water before the claw managed to flick her away.

"Applejack!" Twilight cried out.

"Ah'm ok!" Aj reassured from wherever she had landed.

The girls assaulted the giant claw with several blasts of magic. This managed to drive it back slightly....before a SECOND claw emerged from the water and began swatting at them!

"Look out!" Rainbow dashed and knocked Fluttershy out of the way just before a claw came swinging at them.

"Thanks"

Twilight was so focused on blasting at one claw that she didn't notice the other one until it was too late!

"Aah!" Twilight flew back a little before landing on the ground. Rarity immediately ran over to her.

"Darling are you alright!?"

"Yeah..I'm fine." Twilight rubbed her head and Rarity helped her to her feet.

Now free of the girls, the claw swiftly grabbed the case and disappeared yet again under the water. The river soon calmed as the creature swam off.

The girls quickly reconvened.

"Is everyone alright?" Twilight asked in concern. The girls, slightly bruised and worn, nonetheless nodded.

"I can't believe we let it get away!" Rainbow groaned.

"And it took you machine too..." Fluttershy nodded sympathetically at Twilight.

"Not to mention my new make-up case!" Rarity added.

"Ugh! Seriously Rarity? We were attacked by a sea monster and all you can think about is you makeup?" Aj stared accusingly at Rarity.

"Well I'm sorry that unlike some people, I actually make an effort to look decent every day!"

"Why you..."

"GIRLS!" Twilight shouted. "Now is NOT the time to argue. Now is the time to come up with a plan! Thankfully I though ahead about losing the machine." Twilight pulled out her phone and began pressing some buttons. "I put a tracking device in it just in case this happened. And...here!" She held out her phone and the other girls saw and red dot beeping on a map. "Now we'll be able to track the creature back to it's home!"

"Awesome." Rainbow cheered.

"Smart thinkin' Twi!" Aj complimented.

Twilight looked at her phone again and frowned.

"Only problem girls...the signal is coming from underwater." The girls stopped celebrating and just stared.

"Slightly less awesome." Pinkie said.

The girls were quiet as they took a few moments to think up a plan.

Twilight finally spoke up, "Well..maybe I could look up an underwater breathing spell and..."

"Actually darling..." Rarity politely interrupted. "I might have a solution..."


The girls were soon under the water...inside a giant bubble made of diamonds. Inside Rarity concentrated on making the ball move and float as Twilight began reading off directions from her phone.

"Alright, ah'll admit...this was a pretty bright idea Rarity." Aj sighed.

"Thank you Applejack. As you can see I am capable of thoughts beyond beauty and fashion."

"And thanks for teaching me this neat air spell Twilight!" Pinkie said as she used her magic to create a small ball of swirling air.

"Just try to focus on keeping it going. It's the only reason we have fresh air in this thing." Twilight looked back to her phone. "Okay, we're almost there...the should be a cave just up ahead to the right..."

Rarity moved the ball as Twilight said and soon enough there was a cave right in front of them. Rarity moved them through it until they reached a surface of some sort.

Above the water, they found themselves in a pool of water in a giant cavern. Rarity quickly disassembled the bubbled and the girls quickly jumped onto solid ground.

Once they were all safe they looked around and were stunned at what they saw...

Author's Note:

Finals are over and I'm back baby! :pinkiehappy:

Any questions or mistakes just let me know!