• Published 22nd Oct 2017
  • 452 Views, 2 Comments

Friday the Thirteenth - BoredAuthor817



It's Friday the Thirteenth...in October...means a night with friends. Update: Bonus chapter uploaded.

  • ...
 2
 452

Chapter 6

Rainbow was awoken to the smell of something warm and sweet. She opened her eyes to see daylight flooding into the room through the open blinds. Sitting up, she saw the other girls were all still sound asleep. All, that is, but one.

Careful not to wake the others, Rainbow got up and made her way to the kitchen.

“Good morning!” smiled Sunset, “You girls must have had quite the night. The place was a mess when I got up.”

Rainbow rubbed the sleep from her eyes. “You been up long?”

“Long enough to cook you some breakfast.” She held out a plate with steaming contents. “Waffle? Figured, it was the least I could do for falling asleep early. How late did you all stay up?”

“Not sure...” Rainbow grabbed the top waffle from the stack and took a large bite out of it. She let out a moan, indicating she found it delicious. “When did the power come back on?”

“It was out?”

“Nevermind...”

A short while later, the other girls had woken up and gathered around the table for breakfast.

“You missed quite the storm last night, Sunset” said Twilight, taking a freshly-made waffle.

“So I've gathered. I heard some of it” Sunset replied, “...and the conversation about Fluttershy's parents. But, that's really all I remember. I don't even remember Rarity tucking me in.” She turned to the fashionista. “Thanks, by the way.”

“Don't mention it, darling” smiled Rarity, “Just keep those waffles coming.”

“Looks like your parents are home, Rainbow” said Applejack, craning her neck to look out the window, “I saw what looks like their car pass.”

Sure enough, the sound of car doors closing were heard outside and Rainbow jumped up to greet her parents. “What kept you?” as asked, giving each a hug, “I thought you'd be home hours ago.”

“Your father had too much to drink last night,” said Windy, “So, we ended up getting a room at the hotel.”

“Not like we could have come home any earlier, even if we could” continued Bow, “The storm had done quite a bit of damage. Some streets were closed.”

“At any rate,” Windy smiled and leaned into her husband “we were able to have breakfast in bed.” Bow let out a naughty giggle.

Rainbow grimaced.

The smell of fresh waffles wafted from the kitchen. “Mmm!” Bow took in a deep whiff, “What's that smell?”

“Sunset's making pancakes.”

“Waffles!” sounded Sunset from the kitchen.

“Right, waffles.”

“Got plenty, if you want to join” offered Sunset, bringing a new stack to the table.

---

Rainbow laid on her bed. It had been a long night—albeit, in hindsight, a fun one. But then, when was any night with her friends not a fun one? However, now that everyone had gone home, she was more exhausted than ever. Maybe a short nap would help her regain the hours of sleep lost the night before.

She groped her bed for her phone. Finding it, she quickly pulled up the messaging app and began a new group.

“Despite all the chaos, really had a lot of fun last night

“My parents aren't too happy about the mess in the living room. They will get someone to come shampoo the carpet, but are asking that we split the cost.

“One more thing about last night: NOBODY TELL SUNSET!!”

Author's Note:

Well, that's it!

Read on!