• Published 22nd Nov 2017
  • 414 Views, 6 Comments

Edge of Impossibility - Muei-Tou



A long died human who passed on returns from the dead to awaken once more to stop a long forgotten threat.

  • ...
 6
 414

Awakening

As I awakened from my heavy slumber I became aware of the coolness of the air and the fragrance of mushy dirt. The hard wooden floor was uncomfortable as if I were laying upon rocks and gravel. My clothes felt damp as if they were drenched in water. I half wondered if this was a dream or reality so I decided it be a good idea to get in a seating position, but instead I banged my head upon something above me. My thoughts became filled with unknowns of what I could have impacted and decided to investigate to later find that I was trapped in a box feeling walls all around me.

No openings. No signal. No way of escape. Every minute my sanity started to take a dive. I swear I could hear a clock ticking by. It echos across the small prison penetrating my eardrums with its tick tock. Looking up at the wooden wall my emotions started to take hold, tears began to form, my breathing hallowed, while a small intense pain struck the top nerve in my brain. Before I could calculate my thoughts out of nowhere came shouting, they were mine, yet it felt foreign---Distant.

Time seemed to have fast forward since all that consumed my vision from that moment onward was my fist coated with blood after each second, minute, hour it seemed like the blood came pouring down my arms each time I recovered my sight of vision. I couldn't remember the briefest of moments, but self inclined pain that consumed my nerves. I slowly opened my eyes to be greeted with splinters and dirt covering my upper torso. My hands felt numb while barely able to move a meter without intense pain shooting through them.

The blood of iron consumed my nostril from the puddle I'd be laying in. The lack of air left me gulping for whatever little clean air was let to breath. I looked at the broken hole above me asking myself was it worth it to continue on with the progress with what my former sanity left behind. I decided to finish the task since I had nothing better to do and I at least wanted to have gave it my all without asking the what's if I stayed put to suffocate. I lifted my hands with all the strength I could muster and started to dig my nails into the earth hoping to reach the surface before it was to late.

Hours I would say passed before I finally pierced the surface with barely time to spare. I took a deep inhale of fresh air and brought my hands toward my torso hoping it would relieve the pain from the digging they had done. My finger nails were gone now replaced with fleshy skin bleeding every so constantly. I was free from my prison at last. After my self victory I gave myself I finally looked around my surrounding to see overgrown bushes, weeds, and vines along with tombstones littered around the area. I put two and two together to gather that I possibly have been dead for sometime or my capturer buried me in this abandon graveyard where no being dare travel anymore.

I mustered the courage to finally look over my shoulder to see the tomb of the person who laid here and what I saw was my name imprinted upon the tomb with the year I was alive to the day I was laid to rest. If this was really true how was I still alive to begin with. I gathered the strength to get on my feet before I started to walk toward a large destroyed structure which turned out to be a abandoned castle displaying a medieval architecture with gothic details here and there. When I entered the castle I spotted torn flags displaying a pony with both a wing and horn circling what I would presume to be the world along with hinting toward unity between something I could not understand.

I traveled further within the halls to come across the same flag with another two that stood out being a white and dark blue flag with both winged horned ponies displayed on both indicating that there had to have been two who probably ruled this region. Another thing that kept piercing my mind was that this all seemed somewhat familiar like I been here often or walked these halls even though I had no clue as to what this place was along with these strange flashes of these two horses or ponies possibly since they were a lot shorter and barely met up to my knees so I'll say ponies running about the place speaking which came out disoriented like I'm missing pieces to the puzzle to understand what they were saying, but one thing I could confirm was that these two little foal ponies seemed happy in my presence like we've known each other for sometime.

The more I traveled inside the more these flashes of the two purged my mind giving me a headache at this point and for some reason the more I traveled in the more heavy the pressure upon me became. It got to the point where I could not move a muscle and I happened to have made it to a throne room of some sort displaying two thrones drop dead in the back with a red velvet rug traveling toward the chairs. My vision became hazy at this point with laughter filling my ears daring to consume my hearing. When it came to a halt my vision suddenly cleared and what I saw was two lovely ponies consuming my vision and I could tell that at that moment my mouth formed a small smile at the two with me saying something to them making them giggle before everything came to a stand still and whatever that memory was began to dissipate.

I returned to reality with no longer having the heavy weights upon my shoulders holding me down with debris from all around the room floating about. Tears suddenly started to run down my cheeks from what I would presume to be sadness. I was lost within my own thoughts until I heard heavy clip clop behind me telling me that there was company to be had. Not sure if they were a threat or not, but I was prepared to take on the unknown occupants if so that's when I heard a gasp of surprise before one of them quickly sprinted toward me. I of course was not having any of that so in quick strafed I turned within milliseconds before I used grasp restraining a dark blue wing horned pony in my hold.

I then looked at the others who disrupted my peace. When I did I seen another white coated one with six other ponies wearing some jewellery. It would seem that I would have pissed off three of the six which in turned looked ready to attack before the white one spoke rather raspy with tears streaming down her fur cheeks speaking above a whisper "my name."