• Published 19th Dec 2017
  • 406 Views, 3 Comments

The Encounter (A Harmony Quest backstory) - Inactive Pone



In the 'Harmony Quest' series, a teenager by the name of Nathan joins his new friends in an adventure that he'll never forget. But behind his greatest dreams, was his terrible past.

  • ...
 3
 406

A Fateful Day

During the war, I've been seeing a lot of posters back at my own country that was really humiliating. It was about an evil group of some kind of terrorists, 'The Black Hand'. Pretty interesting name, copycats.

Well, some people will think that they are terrorists or some sort, but it was different for me. I knew those people. The locals told me about those people. I knew immediately who they were. That's right; While I was out and about in the war, those idiots... The ones who harmed my teenage years... They have been stirring chaos around my hometown in China.

The good thing is, we managed to win against them. They agreed to join us too. As I was trotting along the streets before I went back to Equestria, I saw the news that the Black Hand was on the loose again. I saw posters- tons of them, telling people to join them. I knew that they had the same fate as me, executed if they didn't join.

I looked at one of them. Frisk, who was beside me, was confused.

'What's the matter?' She asked.

That poster was such a ripoff. The new leader, Winston (Who was completely hostile to me, unlike the others who had a bit of a soft side), was pointing at the reader, and the text read this:

'In this world, it's kill or BE killed. You know which role you want to be.'

In rage, I grabbed the poster and ripped it into pieces. I wasn't just angry. I was furious. You're telling me, people would want to kill? Is your mind even working, you idiot?

'Frisk... Do you think that... Even the weakest person in the past, can overcome their greatest fears, if they just try?' I asked.

She nodded. 'Of course. That's why I got to today.'

'Do you... Do you think I can win, if I went to fight them?'

Frisk thought for a bit as we continued to walk along.

'I don't really know. I'm unsure. But, I know you can do it.'


I went to ask Twilight the same question when I returned. We were casually at the top of the castle, looking over ponyville.

'So... Twilight? Can I ask something?'

'Yeah?' She responded.

'You know the Black Hand? That terrorist group? I have had a long history with them. They were the ones who harmed my life, the ones I told you about. Do you... Do you think I will win against them if I fought them?'

Like Frisk, Twilight thought for a while.

'Anything can happen, Nathan,' She said. 'No one knows who will win.'

I just crossed my arms behind my head.

'It's just... This is the reason why I wanted to join the king in this war in the first place. I wanted to take my own vengeance. I thought that if the humans won, he would let me do anything I have hoped for. He could give me all the power I once wished for. But... I don't think he will now.' I said, depressed.

I sighed and laid my hand down on the bench we were sitting on.

'You all are why I can continue my life till today. I'll never forget that. You helped me feel that I was loved. You guys treated me as a friend, a sibling. I'm so thankful for everything.' I continued. 'But... If I do win this fight... The reason why I need you is done for. I don't want to leave you all. You're my family. You're my everything, especially you, Spark.'

As I looked to the sky, Twilight kindly placed her hoof and held my hand.

'(Laughs) I'm glad to know you've changed for the better. But, winning against those awful humans doesn't mean you'll have to leave.' She said. 'We'll love to have you stay with us and continue our friendship. And, you'll surely be lonely without us by your side.'

I smiled. She really cared for me as a friend, didn't she?

'Actually... You don't have to be so harsh against them. I know you're a kind and merciful person, like Frisk. Fighting can't solve anything. I bet with mercy, and our support, we can surely help you, if this plan is what you're going to do. There's no need to fight, now is there?' She explained wisely.

To be honest, she's right- Why am I still filled with vengeance and craving for their souls? Is life really that horrific? I need to learn to forgive and forget. That's what my friends think of me. I'm not a serial killer, I am a merciful and normal being, just like them.

'You're right,' I replied after a while. 'I guess Genocide isn't the only way.'

The princess nodded. 'That's the spirit.'

As she was going to walk away, I was shy and wanted to ask her something.

'Twilight?' I called out.

She turned, smiling. 'What is it, my friend?'

I walked to her, and gave her a warming hug.

'Thanks for always being there for me.' I whispered to her. 'Honestly... I love you, my best friend.'

She chuckled a bit, and put her wings around me.

'I don't know when you're going to carry out the plan. But... If you are going to, good luck.' Twilight told me. 'And... I feel the same way about you, Nate.'


About a week later, an unexpected visit was paid by one of my former schoolmates.

'Nathan! Thank goodness I found you!' She said.

I turned. 'Oh, Natalie! I haven't seen you in some time. What's the matter?'

Walking over, she was gasping and feeling very nervous.

'This is so bad... So, so awful!' She exclaimed.

'What?'

She held her phone in front of me, that captured a shocking video.


'This is outrageous!' Someone said in the video.

I couldn't see who the man was, but I knew immediately who it was by his voice. It was Jason! He was with his fellow gang, watching as the news confirmed China joined the pony side. The Black Hand didn't want that to happen.

'It is an absolute disgrace for our powerful country to surrender to a silly myth,' Elliot responded.

Tommy nodded. 'This is true. It must be his doing! You know, that idiot!'

Oscar sounded pretty mad and was determined. 'It has to be! Who will believe in such myth? And, who else can you think of that would believe the ponies existed in the first place?'

All of them nodded.

'So, what's the plan, leader?' Jacky asked.

The man, who sat down facing away from the camera, was laughing.

'He thinks he could get away and take revenge that easily, eh?' He sneered. 'Well... If he is that loyal to his "friends", let's see if he really cares about them more than anything else.'

He pushed a button, and a secret room in their hideout appeared. What I saw from the video made me absolutely speechless.

'WHAAAAAT!?' I screamed at the top of my lungs as I saw it.

My parents were tied to two chairs, with their mouths shut with tape.

'Why, hello, you two,' he said. 'Having a good time?'

My mom was crying. I couldn't tell what he said, but my father was probably going to shout 'You all should go to hell!'

'(Laughing) Soon, he will come over. And once he does...' He signalised that he was going to cut their throats in half.

They were instantly trying to scream.

He turned around: Winston.

'Hahahaha.... Muhahahaha!! Once that day comes, we shall finally make his life so miserable, he will surely kill himself! And when he does... I will laugh at their pointless friends as long as we live!' He said, raising his blade to the ceiling.

Everyone else cheered.

Well, not everyone, actually. Behind the corner, Natalie captured the entire footage of their plan.

'Oh no... I must warn him!' She thought.

But as she wanted to run, she accidentally dropped her phone on the ground. The gang heard it.

Winston jumped from his chair. 'Who's there!?'

Feeling a bit scared, yet burning with determination, Natalie stepped out from around the corner.

'Aha! You are all in big trouble!' She roared, holding the phone with the recording.

He took out his gun and fired it, but she barely escaped.

'Men! Chase that traitor!' He commanded. 'I thought you were once a good pal, but I now see you're a snitch all along, trying to help that brat!'


As Natalie ran through the streets through the gun shots, she forgot to stop recording, thus the whole chase was recorded. That was more than enough to prove these guys were committing a crime.

She hid in the narrow hallways of the street. Then it was practically a labyrinth, thus the people chasing lost her. In fact, she was really clever; she ducked and hid behind a wall that conveniently blocked off a dead end in the maze.

She came out after hearing the gun shots stopping.

'Phew... That was close...' Natalie thought. Then she saw her phone. 'Oh, shoot! I was recording? Well, might as well keep it on until I get to a safe place, just in case.'

Somehow, it was about ten at night, yet she was able to travel to the portal site that could take her to Equestria in her town. Since the town was already occupied by the ponies and the country wanted to help them, the portal network was reactivated.

Natalie turned off her recording, after one last sentence.

'Oh, Nathan... I hope you're ready,' She said.

*********

I was shocked from head to toe- My parents were kidnapped!

“Waitwaitwaitwaitwait,” I panicked, waving my hands no in disbelief. “There are so many things wrong with this- First thing: How the absolute world did you escape to tell me the news? Second, is this true? For all I know they’ve done a lot of bad stuff to me in my life but not THIS!”

Natalie shook her head as she put away her phone.

“I’m not joking, I caught them discussing about it...” She sighed. “I’m so sorry. This is all I can do to help you.”

I didn’t mind- All I wanted to know was the situation. It’s finally time- This was my chance! I finally get to face my fears, head on, with no interruptions this time! I have been waiting and waiting endlessly for today to happen- Training hard in the army and with Frisk day by day, week by week... And now, the opportunity has arrived- I can finally earn the shot to bring the bad boys down.

And I won’t let it slide.

I turned after collecting my thoughts. I gave her a hug, which surprised her.

“Thank you for warning me,” I told her kindly. “I knew you were on my side all along.”

Natalie smiled and let go. “I’m a good person. Of course I will support you. But... What are you going to do? I know you’re bad at fighting and you’re really merciful... How are you going to get out even remotely alive?”

I just wagged my finger at her.

“Remember, Natalie. We haven’t met for a long time. You have yet to see my true ability that I’ve developed.”

She understood what I meant, and nodded.

“Go,” I advised her. “I’ll take it from here.”

The moment she went back into a portal, I unlocked the doors to the room. I didn’t want anyone to see that clip and I don’t want anyone to see her, in fear of her getting attacked. As soon I did so, Frisk bursted into the room.

“What happened!?” She asked. “Did someone try to kill you!?”

I breathed heavily, in and out.

“Nathan? You alright?”

I clenched my fists and walked towards the wall- And I gave a forceful punch right through it. Then, I turned to her.

“It’s time.”

Twilight and Asriel came over. Seeing my face, they knew something was up with me.

“You... You are going to fight them...” Asriel said, “Aren’t you?”

Twilight immediately insisted. “We’re coming with you!”

I shook my head.

“No. Don’t,” I told them. “This is my battle. I’ve been waiting for this moment for years. I want to release everything I have in me- All of my anger, all of my power, and all the magic inside me, against them.”

They thought for a moment- And they agreed.

“Okay... Please make it back safe...” Twilight begged as she walked close.

I smiled. She cared for me so much. I hugged her in my arms.

“I make that a promise,” I swore to her. “I’ll be back, one piece. Alright? If you really want to... Don’t hesitate to come save me, Okay? But I advise you don’t interfere with the matter- My battle, my victory.”

“Deal,” They all said.

I let go, and got out my best gear and weapons. It was my draconic Armor, coloured orange and black. I took out my best sword- The Excalibur, with a purple handle and a sharp, silvery blade.

Frisk touched my shoulder.

“Be safe, my friend. I, as a former captain of an army, will give you my best wishes. May the goddess of the light’s magic rest on you in today’s fight.”

I gave her a big salute, and she did the same.

********

I tracked down where they were, and I went immediately. It was at a large park near my old school, and when I got there, I expected it- but it still scared me.

'Hold it right there!' I roared, taking out my sword.

Constantly playing around with his dagger, Jason turned around.

'Hm, can't bear to see your parents die?' He jokingly asked.

I was showing no fear. They used to scare me, attack me, humiliate my life... But I knew, I was prepared. There's no reason to hold back. I knew this was what I trained for. I knew this was destined to happen. I knew I have nothing to fear anymore.

'Let them go this instant!' I shouted.

The voices of my parents were muffled by him. I couldn't hear them clearly, but I know they were crying to know I will watch them die, and let that haunt the rest of my life.

Jason shrugged. 'You really think I'm that nice? Well, then you're just straight up wrong.'

He snapped his fingers and called in Winston.

'I knew you'll come, Nathan,' He laughed. 'Our old schoolmates all did. And they all surrendered.'

'Not her,' I replied.

Winston just sneered and shook his head no. 'Well, guess what?' He called in one of his men, and there she was- Natalie had her head pointed by the man's gun.

'Nathan! Don't do it! You'll get me killed!' She screamed, at least before her mouth was covered.

But before I could say anything, she was already shot dead. I screamed in horror as the evidence to prove they were guilty was retrieved by the gang.

'I'll be generous; Here you go,' He tossed the phone to me. I was confused and put it away.

Winston was still laughing as he called the others.

'There's no reason for me to have it anyway. You'll die anyway. And so there's no difference in whether I give you the proof or not.' He explained. 'Now, where was I? Ah, right.' He held my parents at gunpoint.

'NO!' I yelled. 'I DARE YOU TO DO THAT!'

He just flashed an evil, cold, icy smile. 'What? It's your fault it has to come to this. If you never joined them, this won't happen! But since you decided to be with your "friends" and defeat our powerful country... We thought, "Hey, why not do our nation a favor and bring back the old days? Those days we harassed that little child... Ah, it felt so great." So you can't blame us for doing this.'

'Why, you little-' I let out an angry sigh.

'(Laughs) Hey, hey. Chill, dude,' Winston laughed.

'CHILL!? YOU'RE TELLING ME TO CHILL, YOU MORON!?' I roared.

'I told you, if you hadn't joined your friends, why would we do this to you? And besides... It's not wrong. This is for your betrayal of our people.' He explained, putting the dagger in front of my mother's throat.

I sighed and was speechless.

'Come on, you know you want to fight back,' He tempted me. 'Oh, you don't want to fight because your parents will die if you make a move? Then that's just something a coward would think of.'

All the former bullies started to laugh.

I was so furious, I teleported right in front of him and slapped him hard in the face. He fell.

'Hah, foolish fool.' He responded.

I clashed my sword against his and surprisingly pushed him back. Winston wanted to attack again with Jason on both sides, I just jumped and made a shockwave that sent them flying back.

'Don't get cocky,' Jason reminded, flashing me an evil grin.

I was immediately attacked by his backup men, and I was surrounded from all sides. As I was beginning to fall back, gunshots rained from above.

'Eat this, all of you maniacs!' Frisk yelled as she dropped down, opening fire in all directions with her rifle.

'Frisk! You're here!' I said, feeling relieved.

She smiled at me. 'Ha! I am not gonna miss out from my friend's ultimate battle, why would I? It’s the pack that’s brave, my friend!”

From around the corner, her brother Asriel came over after beating down two other men.

'Nobody hurts our friend!' He exclaimed, raining down his arrows.

As I was starting to get excited, somepony swooped down from above and grabbed my hands, lifting me up.

'Twilight!' I said happily.

'(chuckles) I know today is crucial to you. If it helps, I will help you with all my heart, Nathan. You're my friend, and if your desperate wish is to win this fight that you've been preparing for, then I'm in!' She replied.

I swung up and got on her back. 'Thanks, Spark. Now, let us go down for a bit, shall we?'

Twilight flew back down as the Dreemurs kept attacking. Yet, more men just come in one after another. I signaled them to come over as my friend landed.

'See? I'm not alone anymore,' I exclaimed.

But Winston wasn't impressed at all. I knew he had a plan in mind.

'Heh, you think you guys are good?' He asked, secretly taking out his pistol. 'I dare you all to take one more step, or else...' He fired his gun into the air.

All of us gasped.

‘Why do you have to do this?’ I asked.

‘Why, you ask?’ Elliot laughed coldly. ‘Because you are just a kid playing pretend… Do you really think, that your “friends” really care about you? Ha, they don’t. Don’t you realize how much of a loser you are? You are nothing but a (censored) at fighting. You can’t beat us, you know.’

Asriel was trying so hard to not move, but he was cross. ‘Hey! Watch your mouth, dude! We have a pacifist over here!’

‘That’s right!’ Twilight followed. ‘You all are nothing but soulless humans who don’t understand the real Nathan! Through these years, he’s grown so much thanks to us, his true friends. We care about each other, just you guys do! Instead, you all wish to use this power against someone else, and that is just wrong!’

‘(Disgusted groan) Say what you want, he is still a moron when it comes to criticism. Why do you think you guys will win? You all are just pretending to be these “legends” that will save your kind.’ Said Oscar.

Frisk gasped. ‘If only I had not cared so much about my friend, I would take my stand and battle all of you on my own!’

Tommy, just laughed. ‘Go ahead then! You don’t need him on your side.’

‘Why, I am going to get you so bad…’ Frisk is getting really mad, at least until I stopped her.

‘Enough, Frisk.’ I whispered, then turning to the gang.

‘So… What do you say, you worthless trash?’ Jason can’t help but joke around.

My Father was not happy. ‘Son, don’t listen to them!’

‘But… I can’t lose you both!’ I cried.

‘They will only make your life more miserable as it is, don’t- ‘My mother had her mouth shut with the dagger just a few fingers away from her soul.

‘Why are you still resisting? We won’t bother you on social media anymore… And your family will be safe and sound if you make this rightful choice…’ Elliot encouraged the legend.

At the back, the three friends were getting nervous in my response. All of a sudden, as my tears seemed to dry, and my expression changed, I crossed my arms in anger.

‘I refuse!’ I yelled as I drew my sword.

Winston gasped. ‘Suit yourself, then!’ He then shot my parents multiple times, leaving them dead as their screams flooded everyone’s ears.

The three were silent. My parents’ bodies dropped to the floor with a thud, an they were gone- Just like that, in a matter of seconds.

I dropped my Excalibur, and my knees fell to the floor. I screamed in terror, and ran to them, shook them, but nothing happened. I draped myself over them, hugging their dead selves and cried.

‘I’m sorry… They forced me to…’ I stuttered.

Asriel, Frisk, and Twilight all gasped as I cried. Then, it kindled the flame in their powerful souls.

‘You hurt him!’ Frisk shouted.

I certainly did,’ Winston replied. ‘What? You think you can bring them back? Think again.’

‘We’re not going to go easy on you all!’ Asriel roared.

Twilight only sighed. ‘I never wanted to do this, but your idea of peace leaves us no choice but to do it!’

But the bullies don’t seem to care, as they are too busy teasing the poor classmate they used to bully.

‘You’re such a loser!’

‘Pathetic, he won’t try to fight back!’

‘He is sooooooooo stupid!’

‘Not only he’s ugly, he’s stupid and weak!'

Frisk was not believing in any of it. ‘That’s never true! Nathan has been trained personally by me, Frisk Dreemur, one of the greatest heroines of my country, and I see a future that you guys will only destroy!

‘Come on, show me then!’ Tommy teased her.

Asriel was mad too. ‘You’re going to challenge one of the greatest fighters ever!? You’re insane! We will make you surrender in no time!’

Winston felt the need to tease them very badly. ‘Ha! What are you going to do? You guys are nothing! I can’t believe that he actually believed your world existed, ponies are just for little kids, not adults like us! And besides, do you really think you can win? I bet you’re all just pathetic, weak, and not to mention, absolutely dumb to face us!’

All three of them gasped at the same time. ‘You take that back!’

I was shocked. I had the biggest gasp in years. I was devastated at the words they had to bear. I knew, in my flaming heart, that they had taken it way too far. I immediately turned my head up, but it went back down as I went deep into thought.

“Wait,” Jacky said. “G-Guys? Why do I feel something bad about this?”

Someone else from their group also said the same thing.

“H-Hey, I came here for the money, not to die, bro.”

Winston blinked, and was shocked. “Wh-What!? Pfft, no! Don’t you see? Look at him! Ha! That’s the face of a loser!”

Tommy tapped him. “Winston, this isn’t a time for jokes. I seriously think there’s something wrong.”

The three behind me had their guns and weapons lock and loaded, breathing heavily as they know, if they pull their triggers, the enemy would retaliate.

“Don’t make us do this,” Frisk warned. “I am once the captain of the human army. Unless you really want to get into trouble... I can give it to you.

Asriel nodded. “You would really not like what you are going to experience.”

Jason wanted to stop him, since he was worried, but Winston didn’t listen.

“Yeah! Yeah come on!” Winston teased, taking out his gun and pointing it at my head.

Twilight gasped. “No! Not him! Please!”

The Dreemurs have their hands on the trigger of their guns.

“YEAH COME ON!” Winston roared. “Do it, and off with his head!”

The three had their hands trembling. They didn’t want me to die, but they wanted to protect me from their harassment. They’ve taken it too far beyond what is necessary.

“Please, leader,” Jason warned. “We don’t want to-“

“Hush!” He said, changing his gun to face him. “Shut Up! We’re so close to killing him!”

Twilight had enough- She didn’t want me to die. Feeling really daring, she teleported in front of Winston and put her sword in front of his neck.

“Don’t. You. Dare!” She yelled.

I gasped. “Twilight, no!”

SLAP

My broken heart sank, as Princess Twilight was slapped and flew over me, crashing right before the Dreemurs. I saw it- As soon she finished, Winston charged up a devastating slap. So forceful- It made her bleed. Not to mention- The fall she had and her rolling on the floor by the force hit her face hard. She coughed from the dust.

“Twilight!” Frisk cried.

When Winston started laughing, everyone wasn’t very satisfied. Not even the people on his side.

“How bittersweet this is, Nathan,” He said sarcastically.

No one- And I mean no one, dared to make a sound. Until... I turned around.

“*loud cry* Why would you do that!?” Twilight cried. “*sob* That... *cries* That...”

She looked at her bruises, and Frisk was burning with fire as she cried too. Twilight bursted into tears from the pain. I was devastated. When I saw his team, everyone was shocked and scared. They knew he had truly, done something disrespectful this time.

CRASH

My fists crashed to the ground. I could feel it- Magic was already starting to build up. It got stronger, and stronger. I knew why. The tears I’m crying at that moment- Weren't because my parents died anymore. They were the tears of witnessing someone, whom they dearly loved, getting abused and attacked. I started to scratch my head. The magic I developed was really powerful.

I looked at Twilight.

“*groans* They... They can’t...” She stuttered since she was still in pain. “You must...”

Seeing her bruises... My heart shattered into a million pieces. She was my Spark- Literally. No one has the right to hurt a princess- Let alone her. After I turned back, getting more and more dizzy, I finally gave in.

“*breathing* No... No... GAAAAAAAAAH!”

With a gust of wind, I unleashed rings of fire around the area and flew up, with ruby red eyes.

‘You all can mess with me all you want. Call me names, beat me up, anything. I don’t care if you murder my parents. I don’t care about anything about all of you, anymore.’ I said, charging something in my body.

In a flash, the gang’s laughing faces turned into faces of horror.

‘However, I will not… I will not accept your humiliation any longer…’

As I rose above the ground, the three legends gasped in surprise. Frisk was very proud to see the once powerless boy turn into the person she knew he will become one day.

‘Winston… I think we should go…’ Jason stuttered.

As they wanted to leave, the flames I made grew stronger. They turned, and to see me looking deep into their cold souls. My body was acting weird- Something I’ve never felt before. I was seemingly glitching. All of a sudden, my voice changed.

‘You all… do NOT, MESS WITH MY FRIENDS!!’ I roared, starting my transformation.

A deafening light shone over everyone. I started to transform into my true form; The legend I was all along. I was wearing what seemed like emerald armor, with even powerful demonic blades, and I even had my own green-colored wings to make me soar.

‘Nathan, you…’ Twilight stuttered.

I turned and winked at her.

‘I know… This form is hard to imagine… But, just trust me.’ I explained. Turning to the gang, who were scared but remained calm, I closed my eyes. I knew that all the pain… All the tears… And everything I suffered… It will all be completely forgotten and paid back to the rightful owners after this fight.

I took a deep breath.

Both sides were ready to fight. With our weapons at hand, we were only waiting for the flame to ignite.

‘My friends…’ I began.

They all nodded.

‘Let’s end this, once and for all!’


This fight was a challenging match for us four. We did not expect the bullies had the powers I had as well. We were winning against the weaker ones, but we weren’t able to stand the blazing bullets from the machine guns that the gang somehow brought over.

The first three legends fell quickly from the attacks by the leader. As notorious as he is, he’s not feeling and guilt for doing it. Soon, I was getting knocked down too, while the others pushed the three down hard.

‘You think you’re so strong huh, idiot!?’ He ‘one punched’ me in the face and punched me hard in the bottom of a statue, and a saw blade was jaw-droppingly close to cutting my head off. I was bruised and had a lot of cuts.

‘(Grunts) I can’t… Ahh!’ I collapsed, almost dying.

At the same time, the Dreemurs stood strong but were just short.

‘Get out of our faces!’ Jason yelled, throwing Asriel into a tree, and throwing Frisk straight into her brother.

‘As much as I want to talk my way out of this, it seems impossible…’ Frisk thought, then feeling shoving coming from below her.

‘Ugh… Frisk! Get off me!’ He cried.

On another side, Elliot just kicked Twilight straight to the ground, leaving her dizzy.

‘I may be short, but that does not prevent me from beating all of you!’ he shouted, trying to use rocket launchers to break through the shield Twilight was protecting herself with.

Looking at every one of my companions like that, I knew this isn’t over yet. Voices ringed in my head.

‘I wouldn't always be there to save you. You must believe in yourself, I know you can beat them!' Frisk told me.

‘You are stronger than you know. Don’t give in!’ Asriel encouraged.

Suddenly, I thought of Twilight.

‘Trust in the greatest magic of all, and let it guide your way. You can do it, don’t let anyone like them trump you down!’


'No... It can't end just like this... I will not... I refuse to die...' I kept chanting to myself.

Just then, a glimpse of hope came: The humans and ponies I made friends with came to the rescue! All flying over with magic and all that, they have came to aid the four of us.

'If anyone dares to hurt our friend, then they'll have to get past us first!' Rainbow yelled at the evil gang.

Mark was fighting fiercely. 'You tell them, Dash! We shall help him take back the past he deserved!'

With the other three free from the attacks, I regained my confidence as Winston walked over.

'Any last words?' He asked.

I felt the punch coming. As soon as it came, I was ready to block it with all my might.

'You harmed my life... Now I will end yours!!!'

With magic, I pushed him back far that left him in pain.

“Wh-What!?”

I roared with all my might. “You hurt my best friend... I’LL MURDER YOU FOR THAT!”

I transformed once more as my fist crashed to the ground. Another deafening light later, and I was a killing machine. The jet black power suit, crimson coloured wings, and the bloody ruby eyes made me more menacing than ever.

Winston started backing up.

“No, no, no, no, please! Please! Please!” He begged, crawling backwards.

I shot a lightning bolt into the air that attracted everyone’s attention. A weapon dropped, and my hand’s magic pulled it towards me. Once more, I started to glitch.

“Come to me, my power staff!”

I said it in such a devilish voice that everybody couldn’t believe it was me at all. I kept walking towards him with my staff of power, made of draconic tools.

“Remind me, punk,” I teased, waving my staff at him. “What did you say about killing me a moment ago?”

He tried to shoot me with a gun, but as I closed my eyes, a border protected me because of my Armor.

“As I thought,” I said, smiling coldly as I continued to wreck everything he used to block me. “You wanted to harm me, year after year, and I suffered tremendous pain. Now, allow me... To give it all back to you.”

I stomped on the ground, making him jump up, and slammed the head of the pickaxe to his body. He tried to retort a few times, but I destroyed all of his weapons. I slashed him multiple times with my staff- And my limbs grew stronger than ever. I could punch him through walls. At one point, I pulled him towards me, and I slammed my staff right on top of him. Several times.

For all he’s done, all I wanted was to beat him to shreds, under my own hands.

Whether it’s magic attacks or not, I may be the only going up against him, but he didn’t stand a chance. I wouldn’t give him a chance to kill me.

I threw him back hard to the ground from the air, and crashed down back to the ground.

'You hurt my friends!!' I roared.

Winston, bruised and hurt from head to toe, was still laughing with that evil smile.

'I did... And when I defeat you, I'll do it again.' He said. 'No one will want to be your friend any-'

I threw the hardest punch I could give, knocking him flying back. He crashed right through a couple trees and landed back on his feet.

'YOU WILL NEVER HARM THEM AGAIN!' I said, glitching more than ever.

'And just what are you going to do to stop me?' He asked, walking back to me as he covered his wounds, not admitting his defeat, surprisingly.

Jason and Tommy started to pull him back.

'Leader, stop it!' Tommy warned. 'You're gonna get yourself killed!'

He threw the two aside. 'Finish me then! If you can, at least!' He started to laugh.

I couldn't believe what he just did. How he responded to his companions was so not cool. They're his friends, and yet he responds to them like that?

“No,” I said. “Not all of you.”

Winston laughed. 'Hmph, coward.’

'If that's how you treat your friends...' I warned him, glowing green. 'Then how do you think I would feel if you treated me like that? You all damaged my feelings. You crushed my dreams. You broke my soul.'

I pulled him over with magic. He was struggling to get loose.

'I will show you, what TRUE suffering is!' I screamed.

A second later, I was performing a spell I have never done before. I was sucking away the magic abilities that fueled the bullies. Almost every ounce was getting taken away.

'What... What is this... This sorcery!?' Elliot yelled.

As I was taking their magic, my friends just stood there, having no idea of what to do. All of a sudden, Winston regained conciousness from my spell.

'I'm not done yet!' He proclaimed, taking all the magic I was getting for himself.

Immediately, I was surrounded by all my friends, who are protecting me with all their heart. A shining aura appeared in front of me.

'Listen, I am giving all of you a last chance. Let's not turn this into a bloody war, shall we?' I asked. 'So... If you guys promise not to harm me anymore, then you better leave my sight this instant. And never come back, either.'

Some of the weaker ones who were surprisingly still alive were ready to flee. Some others were ready too.

'I'm letting you guys go if you can promise me not to harm me wherever you idiots are.' I said. 'But if you step forward... You are really not going to like what happens next.'

Winston stood his ground. Tommy, however, was not.

'Retreat!' He commanded.

Since it was not the leader giving them the commands, the gang didn’t know what to do- Should they go? Should they stay? I could tell they can’t choose.

Winston looked back at Tommy with a growl.

“What. Did you. Just. Say!?” He roared.

Tommy slapped his face with his palm open. I gasped- These two were really friendly at school. And he just slapped him? I literally covered my mouth, softly giggling. But of course he heard it. Of course.

“What are you laughing at, fool!?”

He tried to shut my mouth up with fireballs, but miraculously, it was blocked- Not by my friends, but by Jason, the co-leader! I was shocked!

“You are so, so selfish, leader,” Jason said, punching him in the face. “I can’t believe how blind I was. You said you only wanted to kill Nathan. But you even dared to hurt royalty. If they won’t sentence you to death, our enemies today will.”

He left in a fit of anger. Tommy followed.

“Oscar?” Winston groaned. “Don’t tell me you-“

“No,” He responded. “I would very much want to do it, I do. But you said we would do this mission as a team... Turns out you wanted to kill him yourself and take all the credit.”

Then he slapped him in the face.

“Come on boys,” He said. “We’re leaving this jerk alone. Let’s do this another day.”

Winston gasped and growled. “A J-JERK!? Why, you-“

One of his men fired a plasma gun at him, causing him to become temporarily blind.

“Enjoy your death,” Jacky said. “He’s right. You’re the moron.”

And they're gone. I smiled coldly.

“Looks like the tables have turned,” I teased, tilting my head. “Now who’s the idiot?”

He turned to me in disbelief- How could someone so pathetic in the past be this powerful? It was impossible for him to imagine. He wanted to back up, but he didn’t show fear.

“Comrades,” I commanded.

Everyone bust out their battle mode, charged themselves to max strength, and with our weapons at ready, we had only one target.

And by the end of today, this target will be destroyed.

'Fine! If a fight's what you want, then it's a fight you'll get!' Winston roared, dashing over with all his might.

I performed a shockwave spell, causing him to fall back. The chain of attacks from the humans and the mane six caused him to become even weaker. After a beating by Frisk, he got launched straight up.

'I'll finish this!' I said.

I flew up immediately, with my blades at the ready. Now that he’s so weak, I went with my ultimate, final blow, in my ultimate, demon form. I grabbed him by the neck in mid-air.

“Pop quiz. How many times have you insulted me?”

He snickered with a weak voice since he was almost dead. “Too many to count... Hahaha...”

I smiled coldly.

“These 500 slashes,” I told him, cruelly. “Represent the amount of insults you’ve made to me in the past. Multiplied.”

And so, I started to give him the beating of a lifetime. My blades slashed him here and there. I even went to the extent of using magic blades to help me do it faster. All my allies could only stand and watch as I made my blows upon this cursed soul.

When I got him super high, I called my friends to get ready for the big laser blaster. He came crashing down, and when I grabbed him, I slapped and punched him while controlling him in mid-air. I looked at him directly with my bloody eyes.

“You messed with my friends, and this is what you get.”

I threw him and made him crash to the ground, before finishing him off with a huge magic beam.




My friends all fell back down, beaming with pride. As I slowly fluttered back to the ground, I was down on my feet. I was crying- By they were joyful tears. I knew for once, I have won.

'I did it... I did it! I finally did it!' I cried in utter joy.

All of my friends, both humans and ponies, cheered for my victory. They were chanting out my name loudly and cheering. I truly felt I have took vengeance.

But, as I stood up, my smile faded. I knew I had to make this choice eventually.

I walked over to them. Frisk came to me and rested her hand on my shoulder, grinning.

'I am proud of you, my friend,' She said with determination. 'You have really shown your true strength today.'

'The fact I finally beat them?' I asked.

Asriel shook his head and laughed. 'Haha, not just that, pal! A true legend does not only seek vengeance and victory. They ought to understand the act of mercy as well. And you proved you have both ideas in your heart.'

They both pulled me into their arms. I felt so shy, considering the question I am going to ask won't be that great.

'That's... That's really kind of you, Dreemurs,' I said, letting go. 'But...'

They were confused.

'But what?' Starlight asked me. 'As you said, the magic of friendship helped you win!'

I was feeling shy. I didn't want to ask it. But... I thought that this was the one thing I wanted the power of friendship for at the time. And now it's complete... I didn't think I needed them anymore.

I sighed as I walked to Twilight.

'Spark... I have to go now,' I explained.

'Why so?'

I knew I had to tell everything.

'As you know, the reason why I was so glad to be a friend of all of you was because of all of this happening. I desperately wanted someone out there to care for me. Someone like you all. I wanted to turn to someone that could give me my glimmer of hope back for this world. I wanted someone to guide me back on track. Someone to help me win today's battle,' I explained.

They were still a bit confused, so I went further.

'But now... I see that the only reason I made friends with you all is finally put to bed. And, I don't think I truly learnt what mercy is. I hurt people, even though that's what I wanted to do before. I know you all are merciful people and someone like me is just not fit for you all.' I said.

'But Nathan...' Stacy replied. 'You are a part of us! Our family!'

I flashed a smile. 'It has been so great to make friends with you. You all changed my view of life in different ways I never imagined. But, now that my mission is done, I see it's time for me to face the future alone. So... it's best if you all just don't bother me, okay? I'm sorry it had to come down to this. I'm just doing what I think it's best for me.'

I started to walk away, slowly. Behind me, I can hear the sighing and moody voices of my other friends.

'Well, y'all ready to head back?' Applejack asked.

Even Pinkie wasn't alright. 'Yeah, I guess so. Anypony else?'

They all nodded. Starlight casted a spell that let them fly back over to the nearest base to go back to Equestria.

Yet, my three best friends just stood behind, motionless.

'What are we going to do?' Asriel asked.

Frisk shook her head. 'I have no idea. But... If he thinks it's okay, then I'll respect his choice.'

However, Twilight just wanted to follow me.

'Hey, wait up,' She said.

I stopped and turned. 'I'm sorry, Twi. I know you didn't want me to kill anyone. I just wanted to protect you. I can't be dependent forever, now can I? I know you want to help me, but I-'

Before I can finish, Twilight's wings were already around me. I blushed a little.

'Don't ever say that to me again, Nate...' She said. 'Without us, you'll be alone forever. Your parents have been taken away. I know there won't be anypony else that can care for you as much as we do. I don't want you to live in a lonely and hopeless world without anyone.’

I started to get teary-eyed. I wrapped my arms around my best friend.

'Haha, come on, Twilly...' I cried. '(Sniff) You're gonna make me cry again...'

She covered my mouth, and giggled.

'I know you have your reasons on why you want to leave. However... I promise you, you’ll be much happier with us by your side. As we’ve always been.”

Hearing that, I finally broke down. I just held my dear princess tighter.

'(Cries) I don't want to let go of you...' I kissed Twilight on her little cheek, and smiled.

She blushed and smiled too. '(Laughs) So you'll stay?'

I nodded. 'Of course, my little sparkle.'

In the background, the Dreemurs were giggling.

'Awwww!! That's adorable!!' Frisk squeaked.

Asriel was chuckling too. 'Look at how cute you both are together...'

Both of us let go, wiping our tears.

'So... Twilight?'

'Yes, Nathan?'

'Promise me we won't bring this fight up again?'

She nodded. 'We'll keep it between us as much as possible. Now, let's go, shall we?'

I nodded to her. “Y-Yeah. We should. I... I think I know where I belong.”

I kneeled down to pet her, brushing her mane with a hand.

“*giggles* I’m okay, Nathan. Don’t be so worried,” She said. “Worry about yourself, first.”

I rolled my eyes. “I just wanted you to be alright. I don’t want anyone to hurt you.”

She nodded and nuzzled my cheek with hers. Then she turned back to walk to the Dreemurs. I was really shy, and I spawned a rose in my hand.

'(Giggles) She's my angel...' I said to myself. 'Wait, the war's not done yet. I'll confess later. After all, we're winning anyway. I'll have all the time to tell her.'

I walked back after that.

'Well, ready to fly back?' I asked.

At the same time, Flurry Heart and Princess Cadance came through a portal.

'There you are!' Flurry said, relieved. 'We were worried when we saw you didn't come back!'

'What happened to you, Nathan? You look really hurt...' Cadance was worried.

I looked at myself. I had bruises, I had cuts, blood stains all over my face... I looked so awful. Suddenly, I felt a shot of pain in my head.

'Huh? What's wrong?' Asriel asked.

My head was burning like crazy. I knew why.

'(Screams) Dark magic... Argh! I must've taken too much of their magic away!' I screamed.

A minute later, I passed out. Everyone gasped.

'No! Not now!' Frisk was worried.

Cadance kept the portal open so I could easily get back to Equestria.

'Twilight, we'll catch up later, you must return him to Equestria and give him care and rest this instant!'

Twilight nodded and carried me on her back.

'I'm on it, be safe, alright?' She responded.

They all nodded, and she carried me through the portal as fast as possible.

Author's Note:

AHHHHH WHY ARE MY CHAPTERS SO LOOOOOONG😂😂😂 SO INCONSISTENT LOLOLOL:rainbowlaugh:


I seriously did not expect this chapter to be this long. In fact, when I was creating the first version of this chapter, the chapter that actually sparked the idea of me creating this story in the first place, it was actually only 4069 words I think. And that includes a bit of rewriting for the original chapter 7 in Rise of Equestria, so the new part is probably only 3400 to 3500 words.

Seriously! I did not expect to write a 6000 word chapter! That is, what, a quarter of the total words in Golden soul in one chapter???


EDIT ON 26th May 2018: Welp, make that 7000 now.