• Published 14th Aug 2017
  • 402 Views, 0 Comments

The Elements of Chaos: The Insanity - WovenTwigs



Jackal is the bearer of the element of insanity who is on a journey of the weird and bizarre. He must make sure his power must not be used for evil purpose, and he helps the main six on their journeys in life.

  • ...
 0
 402

The Return of the Mare in the moon part 1

Celestias Throne Room

"Uhhh are you sure about this princess," said Jackal in a worried tone "I haven't left the castle for years and you expect me to go out there. The last time I have been out in the open ponies were staring at me and either running away or making fun of me."

"Nonsense Jackal you have to face your fears at some point" replied Celestia "You will be assigned to be a body guard for my student Twilight Sparkle and her companion Spike. You will follow her around and make sure she is safe from nightmare moon. She is the key to defeating her."

"Princess I don't mean to sound rude but who is Nightmare Moon?"

"Well nearly a thousand years ago I used to rule Equestria with my sister Luna," said Celestia as her tone turned into a sad one "She was very dear to me however one day she was corrupted by jealousy inside of her heart that transformed her into Nightmare Moon. I managed to gather the Elements of Harmony to stop her however the Elements banished her to the moon and I now fear that the seal that is keeping her in the moon will soon wear off on the night of the Summer Sun Festival."

"So you expect me to stop her?" he asked worriedly.

"No, I expect you to keep Twilight and the other Elements Safe from harm until the Elements of Harmony will awaken" she got up from her throne and walked towards Jackal "Can you pack your things you're going to Ponyville as soon as possible I want you to wait for Twilight there."

He returned to his room deciding to travel light for now however his eyes shifted towards the life-sized puppet on the wall and decided to wrap it up in a sheet and placed it in the suitcase. Once it was safely put away he went in one of his drawers to retrieve a pair of sunglasses that would help him cover his eyes so he wouldn't get any suspicion.

Ponyville

As Jackal was waiting for twilight he sat on a bench wondering why would the princess sent him to be a body guard for some is he didn't even know. How can he protect someone when he could barely take care of himself; all he has done over the years since Celestia found him and took him in her castle he has done nothing but make wooden puppets. Sometimes he was able to move them with his own eyes but that always exhausted him.

The princess never had to explain to him how dangerous his powers were since he sometimes felt like there was like a dark hole inside of his chest grow bigger every time he used this sort of ability. He tries to avoid this as constant as possible but he knows that one day he might lose any control he has on this so he closed himself off in his room and rarely came out.

Now he's out in the open feeling awkward from getting a lot of stares from the towns pony here. Anxiety started to kick into the point that he is trembling and breaking a sweat; he wishes that this mare would hurry up and appear already.

While still deep in thought a lavender unicorn mare with a baby dragon following her arrived. It took a while for Jackal to notice their arrival until the little dragon spoke.

"Maybe the ponies in Ponyville have interesting this to talk about. Come on, Twilight, just try!" Said the baby dragon.

The purple mare tried to start a conversation with the pink pony with a poofy mane but she just gasped and sped off to who knows where. "Well, that was interesting all right."

The dragon just sighed after what happened "Oh didn't Celestia mention we needed to meet with somepony first before we check the list?"

"Oh yeah I wonder where we can find him" she looked around.

She then noticed him sitting on a bench. "You must be the one Celestia had told me to meet, my name is Twilight Sparkle and this is my number one assistant Spike."

"Oh uhhh hello my name is Jackal," trembled Jackal as he responded to Twilight.

"Well it's nice to meet you Jackal we better hurry if we want to finish this check list for the Summer Sun Celebration" She walked past him towards their first location.

He placed his suitcase on his back and followed her towards Sweet Apple Acres.

They were nearing the apple farm where they are providing the banquet for the Summer Sun Celebration. They met Applejack and her large family who offered them brunch and they stayed to eat for a while then afterward they met the one who is responsible for clearing the clouds in the sky whose name was Rainbow Dash. After they were amazed at her skills being able to clear the sky 10 seconds flat.

Then they met with Rarity who was responsible for the decorations for the festival; she was fixing Twilights crazy mane that Rainbow Dash caused earlier. They soon had to ditch Rarity because she was starting to get too excited learning that Twilight is from Canterlot. Then they met up with Fluttershy who was really shy when they first introduced until she noticed Spike and asked a lot of questions to him as she followed them all the way into the library.

When they arrived at the library it seemed like the pink pony that Twilight met with earlier named Pinky Pie made a huge party to welcome Twilight. Jackal left Twilight and went to his temporary room and placed down his suit case on the bed; the party seemed to be getting pretty loud so he wondered if Twilight would be alright.

As he walked up the stairs towards Twilight's room he noticed Spike walk down the stairs and he asked: "Is Twilight up there right now?"

"Yeah she's up there if you excuse me I got a party to attend" replied Spike.

Jackal walked into the room and noticed Twilight talking to herself "Ugh, here I thought I'd have time to learn about the Elements of Harmony but, silly me, all this friend-making has kept me from it!"

She turned around and jumped in surprise when she realized Jackal was with her in her room "Don't you know how to knock?"

"Sorry about that, are you alright," he asked nervously.

"Forget it I don't have time for this we could all be in danger and nobody seems to be worried about Nightmare Moons return," she said as she walked towards her window and looked towards the moon "I still don't know what are the elements of harmony and where they even are"

He stood by her side "Well I am sure that you will know what to do when the time comes."

She stared at him curiously "Why are you still wearing those in here it's night time" she used her magic to levitate his sunglasses.

"Don't look at my eyes please" he pleaded in fear trying to stop her.

"Your eyes they are" that sentence was cut short by Spike

"Twilight it's time to watch the sun rise." said Spike

"Can we talk about this later Twilight?" Questioned Jackal

"Alright but I better get some answers soon"

Once they were at the ceremony Mayor Mare started to announce the beginning of the Summer Sun Celebration. When they introduced Princess Celestia they noticed that she was missing.

Everypony was starting to panic while Mayor Mare was trying to calm them down until they heard a booming voice and evil laughter. That's when a cloud of smoke flew by and formed itself into Nightmare Moon

"Oh, my beloved subjects. It's been so long since I've seen your precious sun-loving faces" she started to look around to all of the ponies that were cowering in fear "Does my crown no longer count now that I have been imprisoned for a thousand years? Did you not recall the legend? Did you not see the signs?"

Twilight was the one to respond "I did. And I know who you are. You're the Mare in the Moon, Nightmare Moon."

"Impressive there seems to be somepony who does remember me, do you know what I'm here for?"

"uhhmm.." responded a nervous Twilight

Nightmare Moon was laughing maniacally until a rock was tossed and hit her face. She turned furiously toward to the one who threw the rock at her.

Jackal stood there trembling in fear however he stood his ground.

"You fool how dare you to try to hurt your new ruler," she started to charge up her magic "There is no place for you in my kingdom of eternal night"

She blasted a powerful beam of magic and it went towards his back; all that Jackal felt was his spine being torn apart. He fell down crying in pain and the last thing he heard was Twilight screaming his name as she tried to shake him to wake up.

<TO BE CONTINUED=