• ...
6
 4
 534

Prolouge

You're coming from a midnight stroll, trying to shake off the writer's block you've accumulated. You were passing Sweet Apple Acers, but suddenly you hear a loud crash, coming from the barn. A loud scream follows, one of much pain and fear. You, being a unicorn, race over to the terrified screams. When you arrive to the barn, you sense it is too late, but try and help anyway. You cast every spell you know to try and put out the fire. A large, red stallion is throwing buckets of water on the burning barn. You suspect he lives here. Then the fire team comes, lead by a small, yellow filly, galloping as fast as her little hooves could take her.

"Move away!" screams a pony, holding a fire hose, directed at the barn.
"AppleJack's in there!" screams the little filly, who's now crying.

You still try and help. You try and suffocate the fire with no avail. Nothing is working. More ponies try and help, but their efforts are wasted though. Unfortunately the barn burns down, with the pony inside, ending with a loud crash that echoes throughout the town. Then a purple alicorn, blue and yellow pegasus, white unicorn, and a small, purple dragon, gallop towards the burnt barn. The alicorn, pegasi, and dragon all stop, but the white unicorn pushes everyone out of the way. She's throwing the burnt remains everywhere. You suspect she's looking for the dead pony that was inside. When she stops, she screams loudly.

"APPLEJACK! NOOOO!" the white unicorn screams, holding the dead mass in her forehooves.

The alicorn, pegasi, dragon, the filly from before, the red stallion from before, and an old, green mare gallop towards the sobbing unicorn. A small, orange pegasus and small, white unicorn, soon follow after. Gradually, everypony bows their heads down, with you soon following after.

"At least she wasn't burnt too badly," said the purple alicorn, whom you recognize to be Princess Twilight Sparkle.
"Too badly? She's dead Twilight! DEAD! She's- she's-" the unicorn mare started to cry again, sobbing loudly as the other ponies surrounded her.

Silence lasts for what seems like hours, but is only a few minutes.

"What- what happens now?" asked the blue pegasus.
"I-I don't know," said Princess Twilight Sparkle, pausing for a moment, "D-does anyone have a quill, ink, and paper?"

She looked around, surveying the area for a pony who had these objects. You raise a hoof up in the air and walk towards the group of mourning souls. You offer the supplies in your saddle bag, levitating over a black quill, small bottle of ink, and a piece of paper. You introduce yourself as Midnight Novel, an unicorn from Fillydelphia.

"Thank you," says the princess, giving the objects to the tiny dragon, "Dear Princess Celstia. AppleJack has died tonight. She accidently died in a barn fire, where she was burnt to death. It is unknown about any further information about tonight, but what I need to ask you now is...what happens next? What happens to the elements? What happens to harmony? What happens to Equestria?!" says Twilight, shouting at the end but calming down, shortly before continuing, "What- what do we do now? AppleJack, the element of honesty, is gone. She- she will be given a proper burial tomorrow evening. From, Princess Twilight Sparkle. Send the letter Spike, without the seal. It's- it's too much to get that now."

Spike, as you guessed was the dragon's name, rolled up the letter and took in a deep breath, before burning the letter and sending it off to Canterlot. You figured Celestia wouldn't see it for a while, as Luna lowered the Moon and Celestia raised the Sun. The white unicorn continued sobbing, as the ponies surrounded her, mourned the element of honesty's passing. Slowly, everypony else had started to disperse, leaving to go to work. You are one of the last ponies to leave, as
you needed to collect your quill and ink. You cautiously walk towards the group asking for your supplies back. The white unicorn stares at you with eyes, that don't show the pony you've heard her to be, but instead she looks like she would kill you without hesitation.

"Oh and your problems are so much more important than this!" she barks at you, her tongue sharp as knives.

You back up, on the brink of tears. You apologize, but it's not enough.

"GO AWAY!" she screams, levitating a rock over her head.
"Rarity!" scolds the Princess, "I know your upset, but this is no way to handle this. They were just asking for their things back."
"My marefriend is dead and they think-" Rarity was cut off by the timid, yellow pegasus, who now shouted at her friend.
"Rarity! You're upset, we get it, but you can't just assume things. You need to rest for a bit. We all need a little rest Rarity, nut that doesn't give you an excuse to be mean," yelled the yellow pegasus, glaring at her angrily.
The white unicorn scoffed and said, "Fine!"

She trotted off, head held high, as if trying to hold off tears. The smaller unicorn quickly followed behind her. Then the blue pegasus, followed by the orange one, flew off towards the clouds. The pink mare, wasn't bouncing like you've seen her to usually be, but instead she slowly walked off. The yellow pegasus approaches you.

"I'm sorry about that, Rarity's just being Rarity," she says softly, "I'm Fluttershy."

You smile and nod, gathering your supplies and heading off home. The yellow pegasus flew off towards the everfree forest. The princess and the dragon had run off towards the massive castle in the middle of town. When you see your in the clear, you gallop towards your cottage at the edge of town, locking the door behind you. You walk over to your journal and write about what has happened tonight. You write about everything you've experienced in this town. Then you seal your journal and return to your bed chambers, to catch some sleep.

Author's Note:

I'm sorry for killing A.J.