• Published 14th Jul 2017
  • 609 Views, 6 Comments

Be the Change the World Needs - StoryWeaverKP



Scootaloo has an important mission on her hoofs. If she fails, the world is going to be destroyed.

  • ...
1
 6
 609

Chapter 5 - Contemplations of a Coronation

Chapter 5 – Contemplations of a Coronation


So it had finally happened, the first sign had finally come to pass. The Princess of Friendship now existed for the first time in Equestiran history.


Scootaloo sat on the edge of the Everfree Forest, next to the dirt path that ran into both the forest and into Ponyville. Two days ago, it had been the same Ponyville that Scootaloo had called home for the better part of two years. Yesterday though, it was forever changed, just like Scootaloo’s life going forward.


From this distance, she could only see the top of the castle, where the purple part of the castle itself jutted from the blue crystal branches. Staring at it sent multiple veins of emotion throughout her body. On one hand, it was an exciting time to be alive. Up till that point, Ponyville had been a sleepy little town within the view of the Royal Palace. Aside from the fantastic ponies who lived there, there wasn’t anything really all that special about Ponyville.


Now there was.


It would have been very excited for Scootaloo as well had she not known what was coming. She was a little excited, but her uplifting anticipation had become encroached by the ever growing sense of dread. Her time in Ponyville, well, this peaceful version of it anyway, was going to come to an end soon.


After the second sign happened, she would have to tell her friends, and the Elements of Harmony about the truth of who she was and where she came from.


Tears welled in her eyes. Scootaloo loved this place, for it had become an integral part of who she was. Once she revealed the truth about the monsters, they would come for her. All things considered, she had reveled the adventures she had with her friends, the precious moments she got to spend with Rainbow Dash, and the sweet relief of not having to look over her shoulder for the ominous silhouettes of the monsters.


The end was coming soon. How much longer did she have? A month? Two months? Or two days?


Scootaloo glanced down to her blank flank and winced. Her flank tingled with a wild energy, as if her cutie mark was bubbling under the surface of her skin. It was there, and it would be revealed soon.


The end was coming.


Coming soon… Chapter 6 – The Revelation