• Published 27th Jun 2017
  • 539 Views, 1 Comments

Over The Orchard Wall: an Over The Garden Wall au - DisneymlpZeldalover



Mlp fim/Over The Garden Wall au. Two sisters, Rarity and Sweetie Belle find themselves lost in a strange forest, the Everfree. With the help of a bluebird name Rainbow Dash, they must travel through this world to find home and escape.

  • ...
 1
 539

Hard Times in our Town

“La, la, la,” Sweetie Belle sang, skipping by her sister.

“It's almost morning…” Rarity sighed, looking at the rising sun. “We should’ve found a town by now… This is the way Applejack told us, isn't it?”

“I'm sure it is!” Sweetie Belle said. She started singing again. Rarity rolled her eyes and walked ahead of the cheerful child.

“Help!” A voice called. Sweetie Belle heard it and stopped singing. “Did you hear that?”

“It's probably nothing, darling.” Rarity said. She saw a sign and read it out loud, “Town… one mile! Oh, a town! Come along!”

“Come on, Rarity!” Sweetie Belle cried, running to where the voice had came from.

“Hey, kid!” The voice called.

“Me?” Sweetie asked, stepping to the bush the voice had came from.

“Yes, you.”

The girl peeked into the bush and saw the bluebird that had spoken to them once before. “Oh. Hello there.”

“It's you again.” The bird gasped, reconzing the girl. “Help me out of here and… I'll owe you a favor, sounds good?”

“I get a wish?!” Sweetie Belle squealed.

“What? No… not a wish, just help from the awesomest bird around.”

“Hm, can you turn me into a bunny?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“I can perform the best aerial show you've ever seen!”

The girl blinked.

The bird frowned and grumbled, “Listen, kid, I’m not magic.”

“Oh… Well, it doesn't have to be a magic bunny.”

“Sweetie Belle, stop talking to a bush.” Rarity said, walking over.

“I made a new friend!” Sweetie Belle said, freeing the bluebird.

“Thanks.” The creature smiled. “Now I owe you that favor…. You two are just two lost ponies with no purpose in life, right?”

“Um… no-” Rarity started.

“How about I take you to Chrysalis of the Pasture, the good Queen of the Woods?”

“No, thank you!” Rarity huffed. “We're going to this town.”

“Yeah, come on!” Sweetie Belle cried. The bird started to fly after her and asked, “What about that favor?”

“I'll think of my wish later.”


“Let's bond.” Sweetie Belle grinned to the bird later. “My name’s Sweetie Belle, what's yours?”

“Rainbow Dash.” The bird answered.

“My sister's name is Rarity.”

“I don't really care, I thought we were talking about me.”

“And my alligator's name is Rarity Jr.! But that might change.” The girl grinned.

“Uh-huh, okay, how about you and I just ditch your sister?” Rainbow asked hopefully.

“Nah, Rarity would be worried sick.” Sweetie Belle said. “So, is it fun being a bird?”

“Nope.”

“Oh. Do you like waffles?”

“Waffles make me sick.” Rainbow shrugged. “I eat… maggots.”

“Gross! How can you eat worms?!” The girl gasped. She suddenly tripped over a rock. “Ouch.”

Rarity saw the town and smiled. “I hope they have a spa in this civilization! I really need one right about now!"


The girls walked into the town, which seemed completely empty. “Hello?” Rarity called. She turned to her little sister, “Do you see anypony?”

“Oh, I see you.” Sweetie Belle suggested.,

“I see you too, dear.” Rarity huffed. They continued to walk and Rainbow said, “Hey, not to be a pain, but this ghost town isn't getting you two home.”

“Not to fear! There has to be somepony… somewhere.” Rarity sighed. She checked in all of the homes but found no one. She then started to hear music and walked to it with her sister.

They came to a little house and peeked in through a crack. They saw ponies singing and dancing around a maypole. The girls noticed something peculiar, they all had the same cutie mark!

“What in the Equestria?” Rarity gasped. Suddenly, a pony ran into them. “Sorry!” The pony laughed. “Welcome! Hey, you two should cover your cutie marks, and join us!”

“Oh! You painted those equal signs on!” Rarity sighed with relief.

“Sure. We can't all have the same talents… can we?” Rarity felt a shake go down her spine at his words.

“You guys find this place as weird as I do, right?” Rainbow Dash asked, seeing a creepily wide smile from a pony.

“So, they have the same cutie marks and they have a bad sense of fashion… They seem nice enough…” Rarity chuckled nervously.

“So, you don't believe me, I'm just saying, this is strange.” Rainbow growled.

“I'll find some strong stallion to help us get home, shouldn't be hard!” Rarity smiled. “Sweetie Belle, stay out of trouble. Rainbow Dash, thank you for your help, but you can leave now.”

The bluebird gave a cough, “Um, no. You saved me, I'm honor-bound to help you two. That's the bluebird rules.”

“Fine.” Rarity sighed. She walked away. Sweetie Belle looked up at Rainbow Dash, who was on her head, “Rainbow, would you care for this dance?”

“I don't dance.”

“Come on, let's dance!” Sweetie Belle squealed, running to the celebration. The filly didn't see a unicorn watching her, and her cutie mark.

Rarity searched until she found a stallion.

“Say, why do you have a cutie mark?” The stallion asked.

Rarity glanced up. “Whatever do you mean?”

“Well, it doesn't seem like you're… ready to join us yet.” The pony said, his ever present smile almost faltering.

“Join you? Oh, no. I'm just passing through.” Rarity said, feeling dread creep into her.

“Ponies don't tend to ‘pass through’ our town.”

“Is that so?” Rarity chuckled.

“It is, it's nice here.” The pony grinned.

“I'm looking for a strong handsome stallion such as yourself to take me out of this place.” Rarity said, batting her eyelashes.

“What? Leave?! Who wants to leave?” Another pony gasped.

The others turned, their smiles growing. One closed the door, leading the room to darkness…

“Rarity? Are we leaving?” Sweetie Belle whispered, running to her.

“Let's leave immediately! Just hold onto me and I can get us out in ten-” Rainbow was interrupted by ponies whispering, “Maybe they’re here to join us!” One said.

“Or just see how much fun we’re having!” Another laughed.

“But they can't have much fun here, with those.” A pony growled, pointing to their cutie marks.

“Calm down, my friends!” The crowd parted to reveal a light pink pony with a purple and turquoise mane. “Let's not be too hasty! New friends are always welcome.”

“What should we do with them, Starlight?”

“I'm out of here.” Rainbow whispered, flying away.

“Now,” Starlight said, smiling as she walked up to the sisters, “how did you come across our little town?”

“W-we’re trying to get home..” Rarity whispered. “We came from the woods and we saw the houses and heard the music, and well… We should go.” The mare grabbed her sister’s hoof in the circle of ponies that surrounded them.

“So, let me see… you come to our town, interrupt our party, have those on your flank, and now you want to leave?” Starlight laughed.

“Er, yes.” Rarity said.

“You can't convict! You don't have proof!” Sweetie Belle huffed to the leader. A pony suddenly walked up with Rainbow Dash struggling in her hooves. “This one was trying to escape!”

“Let me go! I don't know these goons!” Rainbow snarled.

“Girls… It saddens me that you don't want to stay here with us, partic because I have to punish you for it!” Starlight tisked, walking up to them.

“I told you this place was bad news!” Rainbow yelled to Rarity.

“So, by the order of our town’s leader, me, I find you guilty of trespassing, disturbance of the peace… and murder.” Starlight hissed, in thier faces now.

“Murder?!” The girls gasped.

“Oh, no, not murder.” Starlight chuckled. “But for the other things, I sentence you to..”

The sisters held hooves, shaking.

“a few hours of manual labor.” Starlight shrugged.

“That's it?” Rarity asked.


Rarity was moaning while Sweetie Belle worked, picking corn, loading crops, raking and hoeing. “I'm… almost done!” The filly breathed. They all had chains on their legs.

“Good job, darling! Keep up the good work!” Rarity called.

“Rarity, maybe you should help your sister?” Rainbow suggested, seeing Sweetie Belle hum as she started to push a board of wood to a empty plot of land. “Sweetie Belle had this under control, she knows I can't stand dirt… or mud… or getting my hair tangled.”

“And when she finishes? Then what? You'll wonder the woods forever?” Rainbow growled.

“I… Maybe we'll just stay here, in this town, it's nice here.” Rarity chuckled. She gave a sigh, “I don't know.”

“Why do they even have Sweetie Belle building that house? Maybe they really do want to keep you here.” Rainbow smirked jokingly.

“Hey! I found a treasure!” Sweetie Belle cried, poking her head out from working.

“See?” Rarity smiled to Rainbow Dash. “What is it, darling?”

“It's a stick!” Sweetie Belle cried, waving it at her. Suddenly, a magic aura incased the staff and tore it away from the filly, making her fall to the ground.

“Your time is up.” Starlight smiled. The girls turned to her and saw her twirl the staff in her magic.

Rarity bent down to Rainbow and whispered, “I was wrong! I don't know how to get us home! Use your little feet to pick the locks!”

“Now you want my help?” Rainbow smirked.

“Yes!” Rarity hissed.

“Has the house been made?” Starlight asked.

“Well, yes… almost done.” Rarity said.

“Wonderful! Now then,” The mare twirled her staff again and Rarity caught her looking at her cutie mark. “Uh, I mean, it's not even close to done!”

“Um, what?” Starlight laughed, cutting her last word sharply.

Rarity looked at Rainbow, who was picking her own lock. “Keep stalling!” Rainbow growled.

“Well… Sweetie was making it but she found some rocks. You lovely ponies don't like rocks, right?” Rarity squeaked.

She heard some muttering and presumed the answer was yes. “And so, we were wondering what to do with these rocks and we…” she heard running behind her and saw Sweetie Belle and Rainbow escaping. “They left me.” Rarity whispered.

“Tell me, are you sure you want to leave?” Starlight started to aim her staff.

“Yes!” Rarity cried.

“Oh, well, worth a try!” Starlight smirked, putting down the staff. “You’ll join us someday, as all ponies must.”

“Why are you still here?!” The unicorn jumped and turned to see Rainbow

“Excuse me, you two left me to rot!” Rarity hissed. The bluebird nodded down to her hoof and the unicorn saw the chain was unlocked. “Oh.”


Together, the trio traveled and Rarity kept glancing behind her shoulder. "Are they following us?”

“No.” Rainbow and Sweetie Belle said together.

Rarity looked up at Rainbow who flew ahead, “I suppose we're even now, aren't we?”

“I wish.” Rainbow Dash sighed. “However, you weren't actually in any danger with those weirdos.”

“Oh!” Rarity chirped. “Then you still must help us get home!”

“I got it!” Shouted Sweetie Belle suddenly. “I wish to go home!”

Rainbow Dash looked ready to facepalm. “Kid, for the last time, I can't do magic! I'm bringing you two to Queen Chrysalis. That's where I'm going.”

“Rainbow, why are you going to Chrysalis’?” Sweetie Belle asked, skipping beside her.

“I guess, in some ways, I'm trying to get home, too.”

“That's a bit vague… What does that mean?” Rarity said as they walked together to the sunset.

“Hey, stick your nose in somepony else’s business. I’m not telling you anything.” Rainbow huffed.

“Rude.” Rarity said. She felt the wind go through her mane. “I hope this queen is more helpful than that farm pony was, her directions were… not very good.”