• Published 24th Mar 2018
  • 475 Views, 0 Comments

James' Nymphs - AizakkuHorooee



Following one thirteen, three changeling nymphs leave the hive, believing that Queen Areola is somewhere in the world. Later needing rest, the nymphs stop at a paradise unlike any other, only to be found by something they never expected before.

  • ...
 0
 475

Chapter 5 - A Little Taste of Equestria

Looks like we’ll have to deal with the change of name to our species. James, or as his pet raven calls him, Jim, has been in the fields for at least half an hour since Carly declared a battle with him.

Maybe things don’t look too bad here. At least the chipper attitude keeps us all satisfied.

Suddenly, me, as well as Alo and Arada, get taken out of our sealers and fall into the backpack again.

“Alright. Looks like we struck gold here. Indie! You know what to do!”

“RIGHT!!!” the raven calls back. “You’re coming with us, pegaso!”

“Pegaso?” the three of us echo.

I peer over the backpack and there’s an anicom that looks very similar to that of an actual pegasus. Its coat is white, and the mane and tail is short and black. However, over where I’m from, adult ponies have what are cutie marks. This anicom doesn’t have that.

“We got things here; just watch. Indie, stringway! Keep doing it until you get him!”

The raven shoots a string out of its tail like it did with Carly’s anicom and-

“FIRST SHOT, JIM!!!”

“Alright, Indie! Now it’s my turn!”

James takes out a sealer off of his waist and tosses it towards the pegasus, who becomes pure energy and heads into the sealer, which starts shaking for the next proceeding seconds before pinging.

“Easy as pie,” James remarks.

“Ooh I love pie!” the raven replies.

“That is a capture, my changeling friends. Now, while I’m in Aquatown, I’ll heal up Indie and the pegaso. I don’t know what to call him yet, but I usually think of something within the first day.”

So then James picks up the three sealers he tossed behind him so that we could watch, and opens them up. Next thing I know, I’m in the comfy dark room I know as the sealer.

-=-

Welp, just tamed a pegaso. Definitely not the easiest thing in the world to tame, but Indigo definitely helped things.

So, what’re we gonna name him?

“Hmm... I actually don’t know. Maybe in a little bit, I’ll have a name for our newcomer.”

Oh yeah! Aquatown!

“You got that right.”

As we walk during our conversation, past the last of the fields lies Aquatown.

“Now, Indie, why don’t you get in your sealer in case any students come by and want to battle with me.”

Okay

I take out Indigo’s sealer and open it, which prompts her to turn into energy and head inside. The sealer closes, finishing off with a click. Then I put the sealer back in the toolbelt, which seems to have gotten just a little bit heavier with the pegaso now joining the group.

-=-

When I get to Aquatown limits, I decide to put Mat, Alo and Arada back in the backpack.

After entering a cafe within the town, I go into the admittedly small bathroom to call my teacher, keeping the backpack on.

“Hey, Megan.”

Hi James. Aquatown already?

“Yeah. Oh, you’ll never guess what I caught today.”

Oh? What’d you catch?

“A pegaso.”

A pegaso?!?

“Yep! Caught one on the way here. I think I’ve come up with a good name for him too.”

Huh. Good work, James. Not everybody can catch one of those that easily, especially without the assistance of Indigo. It’s no Sanago but-

“Oh she helped. Stringway is such a useful move.”

I wouldn’t rely on that technique with morpher. Some of those are the most aware and sometimes violent anicom you can find. Also, any new information on the little mystery anicom?

“Oh, yeah. The three are apparently named Mat, Alo and Arada.”

That’s pretty fitting.

“They seem to have this goal of finding their queen they want me to help them with. They also call themselves changelings, although the glossary interpreted that as Tentera... Hello? Megan?”

She hung up.

I close my phone and put it back on the toolbelt only to hear my text notification sound, and I take it back out to see what it is.

Still stuck in northeast Comania?!? Hah! I’m on my way to the Unions Headquarters as I text! See you there, Jimmy!

“Pretty impressed that Jerry made it all the way there within just a few days. Then again, I did end up with a trio of lost changelings who are looking for their queen. Well, I guess it’s time to head back to the booth.”

-=-

So back at the booth, I finally set my backpack down beside me to let the changelings get their land legs back.

So what are we going to call the pegasus?

“Pegaso. It’s ‘pegaso’, Mat. And I was thinking of something sky or flight related.”

How about Parachute? Mat suggests.

Ah, and the short version can be Parry, right?

“Sure, Alo. Parachute doesn’t sound that bad of a name for pegaso. Yunico and araso are also usually named after common nouns.”

Does it also count for adjective-derived nouns? Because most ponies in Equestria have a similar naming scheme.

“Like what names, Arada?”

Celestia, Luna, Mist Mane, Star Swirl...

“It does sound a little like names yunico, pegaso and araso may have. Although I find it unusual for them to have a full name. We just stick with simple-“

So wait. If yunico looked like unicorns, and pegaso looked like pegasi, then would araso look like earth ponies? Mat asks.

“Earth ponies?”

Basically if yunico had no horn, or if pegaso had no wings.

“Oh yeah. That is araso.”

And would araso be stronger than yunico? Or pegaso?

“Like as in physical strength?”

Mat nods.

“I did hear they are much more well suited for direct battle than the other two.”

Ooh! Where do we find them?

“Around Routes Eleven and Twelve. It won’t be for another seven cities though.”

Oh. I guess our lands a bit more like each other than I first thought.

I nod now.

So do you want to help us find Queen Areola?

“Sure. And I’ll start with all of Comania. Alazica afterwards. Okay?”

Okay.

“Good. Starting tomorrow, we’ll be on to Route Five going into Angel City. But while we’re waiting, I think it may be a good time to check into the hotel here.”

And so, the rest of the day, I have my supper, pay the bill, and check into a hotel for the night. But as I’m get ready to go to sleep, I begin to wonder what exactly Mat, Alo and Arada’s situation is. Is Equestria more similar to this world like we concluded? Based on what the three told me, they’re probably thinking of Comania when they were talking about these similar animals to araso, pegaso and yunico. Maybe these three ARE from here. I mean they are pretty much morpher, and they are familiar with some backride biology and the naming scheme backride have.

But at the same time, they seem kind of genuine about their queen going missing.