• Published 25th Feb 2017
  • 252 Views, 0 Comments

Crosswinds in Equestria: The Darkened Secret - CrosswindsTheDragon



Join Crosswinds (Spyro The Dragon size) a dragon, Twilight and her friends, and characterd that will take you across Equestria in search of truth and a book that contains a 3,000 year prophecy, that could be the key to keep the dark away from Equestr

  • ...
 0
 252

Prequel - A Lump of Coal and A Frozen Crash

It was a cold, freezing night on the Dragon Lair Island. Up about halfway on the North side of the Mountain, a dragon by the name of Crosswinds was putting quills, an assortment of parchment papers, and a blue and white plaid scarf in the bag. Crosswinds is only a youthful sized Dragon, with green scales, blue sky eyes, and some mighty long wings for flying. The young dragon didn't seemed phased at all as he walked past the Window and briefly glimpsing at the snow outside amd grabbing a book off the shelf and putting it in his launch pack. He is an elemental wind Dragon, so it shouldn't be too hard for him to fly, but then he stopped and remembered what his dad said about the elements. "Sometimes trying to combine your elements with nature or other's elements may weaken or do a great deal of harm to you."

He shook his head and didn't stress anymore as he picked up a tiny necklace with a scroll on it where a pendant would normally be. As he walked towards the door, small clicking of nails, and a loud "Stop!" Caught the dragon just as he was about to put a claw on the door knob.

Crosswinds looked over to see his friend Smokey Coal. Who as usual looked covered in smokey coal.

"You sneaking out again? For holy wingin' scales! You could die out there!"

"Smokey, I have to do this. This book on my haunch is the only thing that is sending me on this mission."

"Come on it's just a boring old book, nothing will happen if I try and burn it" Smokey took a deep inhale for his fire and before Crosswinds could stop him, he released his flame towards the dusty old cover.

"Smokey, No!!" Shouted his friend.

Within seconds of the first bit of hot fire hitting the cover, the book reacted and shot a beam of light right into Smokey's chest, and before he could gasp for air, the light beam flickered and exploded in a shower of silver dust particles, knocking Smokey into a coffee table. Crosswinds was hiding behind a table for the commotion to calm down. He got up and preceeded to his, now pure black as coal, dazed friend on the ground.

"What in the fairy magic is that book?" Exploded a now coherant Smokey.

"I told you it is the reason I have to go." Explained a rather annoyed Crosswinds as he used his mouth and picked up the book off the floor, and put it back in his bag. "Don't touch things that don't belong to you." He finished, looking around at the now messy study room.

"Dude, your book shot me!" A nervous Smokey said panicing looking for any sign of a wound on his body.

"Well, you peeved it off, now off I go and I want this spotless by the time I return home." Demanded Crosswinds, as Smokey groaned the young green dragon opened the door, and the cold wind and air blew onto his legs and across his back, and into his study. He spread his wings and with one mighty jump up, flapped his wings and sped off over the Ocean.

About 45 minutes into the flight, the cold started to freeze up his movement scales for flight, and the snow was so thick, he had no idea where he was headed or what was in front of him, 'I must be nearly to their land by now,' a desperate Dragon thought. He could feel the cold pushing against him and more tired from exhaustion the harder he tried to flap. He tried to turn a little, but his wing was stiff from being frozen, and a big gust of wind sent him spiraling out of control, all Crosswinds could think about is just landing on land, as he shieled his face with his wings and yelled as he fell from the stormy sky above.

He fell straight into a tree and hit his head on a rock, which knocked the dragon out. His right wing had suffered a big wound right next to his body and was broken.

About 20 Trots to the South, Mayor Mare was walking towards her office in the wintry town of Ponyville, when Twilight teleported, and looking as normal as ever with anxiety on her face, looked right at Mayor Mare and said "The Dragon has fallen, he seems hurt in some way due to the storm, I can tell you he did not land softly either." Mayor Mare called for a Pegasus pony named Rainbow Dash and instructed her to fly towards the site of the fallen dragon. Without any hesitation, Dash flew off in a flurry of snow dust and a rainbow trail.

"How far South is he?" Mayor Mare asked over the trotting of Twilight and her friends.

"He is roughly 20 trots South of us. That would put him just on the other side if not right into Sweet Apple Acres itself." Twilight explained.

"Aw Shoot, well hopin' he's alright! Come on gals, yee-haw!" And all of them tore up the deep snowy path, as the wind blew. The cold didn't stop the ponies at all, Dash landed in front of Twilight and pointed to a broken bush and Tree branches that looked snapped and broken off. Twilight told the other ponies to wait outside while she went and looked at the creature. She slowly trotted over to assess more of the damage to him, she could see now that he had crashed head first into a tree, his wing was ripped open by his body on his right side, and his packs, papers, and quills were spread all over.

"Wh---who---- are you?" To the Princess's surprise, the dragon was barely alert.

"Do not worry help is on the way!" It sounded like a female to him, and before he blacked out again, he got a glimpse of 5 different colors and a large set of purple wings above him.

Author's Note:

As you will notice different characters will be popping in and out.