• ...
 2
 538

Outbreak

Chief Medical Officer's Log
Stardate: 5941.2

This is my 1 year anniversary of being stuck on this planet to help grow immunities to their diseases and get knowledge on how their medical system works. These ponies are starting to get to me. Princess Celestia says that they hav intercepted a transmission from the Enterprise saying that Starfleet has told them to orbit around this planet which they have renamed from Exeter to Equestria. Ih ad a feeling they would rename it to something involving horses. The horses diet involves no animal protein. The doctors on this planet use primitive methods of curing diseases. I don't know how they'll survive when exposed to human viruses. I really do fear more towards that now than ever because Commander Samuel Jones has arisen yesterday with a case of the Influenza Virus. We shall keep him contained for now. We have identified and named two new diseases within the Equestrian population, they are the Cutie Pox and Rainbow fever. Cutie Pox give the infected a case of getting too many cutie marks all at once. Rainbow Fever is caused when an Equestrian is exposed to poison joke. It causes the infected to laugh at everything, effectively laughing themselves to death. It's a nasty disease if I do say so myself. To build an immunity, i had to infect myself with it. What I found to be strange, though, was the fact that humans are immune to most of the Equestrian diseases. Interplanetary relations have been better now more than ever. One of the little equines has taken a liking for me. The one they call Applejack is thinking about going into my line of work so, she can spend more time with me. Stand by for more word on the matter.

I sit down the Chief Medical Officer's Log and look up. My desk is clean for the first time in the two weeks I'd been in this room, thanks to Applejack. She, right now, is sitting in a chair in my office of the Canterlot Castle looking at me like I'm her soon to be husband. The Enterprise is hurrying back here with Lauren Faust so, I hope they get here quickly. I don't think I could stand one more day with these ponies.

I turn on my computer and look at Applejack again.

"Applejack, can you go get me a cup of coffee? Sugar, no creme." I ask of her.

She gets up from her chair, sits her hat on her desk and walks out. I decide it looks cool so, i put it on. The hat is obviously Corinthian Leather. I took it off and looked at the label on it. It was a Stetson. Very fine quality, i must say, she has good taste. That is when she came back into the room with a cup of coffee and said,

"Oh. I see you have found interest in my hat."

"Yeah, I saw it was a Stetson. You have good taste."

" Thank you."

She then came around the desk and said,

"Now for me helping you, your payment is going to be a scratch behind my ears."

So, I obliged and she took to trying to scratch her ear herself but, to no luck. I ceased after awhile and that's when Celestia entered the room.

"Leonard, I have intercepted a transmission from the Enterprise. It's like none I've ever seen before. It's just a bunch of beeps in quick succession." She said.

"Like Morse Code?" I replied.

"What's that?'

"Never mind that. What you're describing sounds like a distress signal from a Constitution Class starship. Since you said the Enterprise, it sounds accurate. Let me hear the distress signal. If I can't translate it, I'll have Samuel Jones transported here to decode it."

So, Celestia, Applejack and I walked to the dish room and got to Celestia's computer, I put on the headphones and listened to the beeps, calculating the message in my head. I took off the headphones and said,

"This is a distress signal from the Enterprise. It says they have been intercepted en route to Equestria... by a Klingon Battle-cruiser. I can't decode the rest of it, there's too much static."

"What are you going to do about it?" Celestia said.

"Well, back in the shuttlecraft, we have some static decoders but, Samuel Jones is the only one who knows how to use them."

"So, he's kinda like your go-to guy?"

"You could say that."

That's when a blue-shirt came running into the room dragging a hospital hoverbed behind her.

"Samuel Jones, sir, you requested him." She said.

"Yes, I did. Samuel, do you know how to decode things covered in static?" I asked him.

"Yes sir, I do." He replied.

Good, put these on." I said as, without thinking, I gave him the headphones. When I turned on the remainder of the transmission, his face lit up. He pulled off the headphones and said,

"Sir, one good thing and one bad thing. Good thing is that they have the Influenza cure. Bad thing is that the power levels on the Enterprise are at 25% and falling rapidly. They've called Starfleet to send the Shackleton to get here with the needed supplies."