• Published 27th Jan 2017
  • 333 Views, 0 Comments

The Winds of Change: Rainbow Dash's Story - DoctorWhoves



The backstories of the FimFiction "The Winds of Change" by CalmNQuiet.

  • ...
 0
 333

The Last Party

Tomorrow

Tomorrow I am going to finally be apart of the Wonderbolts. My lifelong dream will finally happen. But I don’t feel completely happy with going. Pinkie Pie is wanting to throw a party to celebrate, not me going away, but making my dream come true. I am heading over to Sugarcube Corner for the party. I should make the most of it.

Rainbow Dash entered Sugarcube Corner,”GOOD JOB RAINBOW DASH!!!” everypony just yelled as Rainbow entered. Rainbow was actually shocked by this outcome.

Rainbow shook off her shock and started to say,”Thank you everypony. I am grateful to be here and grateful for your support on this decision. And I am thankful for you all to push me to my dream. NOW WHO WANTS TO PARTAY!!!” Rainbow despite being uncomfortable with leaving was starting to accept that her friends are willing to support her.

****

They partied for most of the day. Twilight then came up to Rainbow Dash,”Sooo...Dashie. You will write won’t you?” Twilight was almost on the verge of tears hoping the answer was the one she wanted.

“Of course Twi, I will even try to visit when I can.” Twilight’s face lit up and she tackled Rainbow in a hug as she started to nuzzle Rainbow. Rainbow started to blush from the Attention she was getting.

“Ohhhh, I’m so glad. I thought you wouldn’t want to.” Twilight kept nuzzling Rainbow, her soft fur heating up her face much more than it already was.

“Of course I would. You guys are my friends. Especially you Twilight.” Rainbow gave Twilight a light kiss on her cheek. Making Twilight blush even more. “Would you like to dance Twilight.” Rainbow looked into her eyes lovingly. Twilight gave a nice little nod of appreciation. Twilight and Rainbow from that point danced for the rest of the party.

****

Rainbow wished everyone a farewell and walked with Twilight back to the library.

“Hey, Twi. Why did you think I wasn’t going to write to you guys?” Rainbow asked looking at Twilight with concern.

“Well… I thought you would be too busy with the wonderbolts.” Twilight looked at rainbow with sad eyes.

“I will get pretty busy. But I will always find time to write to you, no matter how busy I may get.” Rainbow said with a kind smile.”You know, this tells me something about you.”

“What does it tell you about me?” Twilight was confused.

“It tells me that you don’t trust me.” Rainbow said to twilight with no emotions.

“You know that’s not true.” Twilight started to pout.

Rainbow giggled getting the reaction she wanted. “It’s really cute when you pout.” Rainbow said very playfully.

Twilight then leaned into Rainbow and whispered so only she could hear,”I love you, Dashie.” She kissed Rainbows cheek.

“I love you too, Twi.” They walked the rest of the way in silence with twilight leaning against Rainbow in a loving fashion.

****

Rainbow started to wake. When she opened her eyes there was a purple haze. When she moved away she realized it was Twilight’s warm fur. Rainbow had a wing draped over Twilight like a blanket. While Twilight had her hoof around rainbow’s neck in the snuggle position. Rainbow lifted Twilight’s hoof off of her and she withdrew her wing and instantly got a shiver out of Twilight. Rainbow took the covers and pulled them over twilight and she smiled in response.

It was quite early so rainbow could get some breakfast before she left. She trotted to the pancake house. She entered and ordered her usual. She ate and headed back to the library to pack her things.

When she got back twilight was still in bed looking as lovely as always. Rainbow went to pack her necessities, and then went to wake twilight to say goodbye personally instead of a note by the bed.

“Twiii…” Rainbow said in a calm soothing voice a mother would use to wake her child up. “Twiiiii, I am going to leave soon so I wanted to say bye.” Twilight stirred and slowly opened her eyes.

“Ohhh, good morning, Dashie. You leaving?” Twilight looked quite groggy.

“Yep. I just wanted to say bye personally. As well I can’t find my flight goggles. Do you know what happened to them?” Rainbow was looking around the bedroom as she said this.

Twilight shook her head.”Nope, haven’t seen them. I’ll find them for you.” Twilight had a bright grin on her face.

“Nahh, it’s fine, you don’t have to do that.” Rainbow insisted.”It looks as if I should go now.” Rainbow then leaned in to kiss twilight and twilight leaned into the kiss with Rainbow. She then flew off out the door and was headed to the Wonderbolt Academy.

Rainbow took a look back to Ponyville and wished she is making the right choice.

****

Rainbow kept flying for awhile. She already missed her friends. She wanted to fly back. But what if she then disappointed her friends. They threw that party only for her just to fly back before she even got to her destination. She had to do this. As her mind wandered she was nearing the wonderbolt academy. She snapped out of her daze and and landed down the runway and in front of spitfire. Rainbow Dash then saluted.

“Hey, Rainbow Dash. No need to salute we’re on a team remember.” Spitfire said sounding kinda board.

“Heh, right.” Rainbow Chuckled. Trying to forget formalities.

“Also, you’re late.” Spitfire said coldly.

“Sorry, I had to say goodbye to my friends. Don’t know when I’ll see them again. Ya know.” Rainbow responded.

“Yes but we need to rehearse our show. Ya know, so you know it. We added a part for you to add some nice flare to the show.” When Rainbow heard this her wings flared up in excitement.

“I am ready for rehearsal!” Rainbow Dash saluted again then put her hoof down awkwardly.

****

They practised late into the night. Rainbow got to her room and layed on her bed tired. She then realized that she could write to her friends about her experience.

Dear Everypony,
I am right now in my room and I thought I would write. I wanted to tell you of my experiences on the new day. We went ahead and did a real long rehearsal of the show. It was apparently because I was late we had to work extra hard. I hope you all don’t miss me too much. One last thing for Twilight. Love you Twi

From,

Rainbow Dash

Author's Note:

I hope you have all enjoyed this chapter. I am hoping to get more chapters out soon.
Awww, take all the time in the world
Huh, what. Pinkie!!! What are you doing here?
I just wanted to say something to the readers.
Ok then go ahead.
Hey guys thanks for watching and I super duper hope rainbow will write some letters to her friends. Anyway all of you have a wonderful day. And keep Partying!
Thanks Pinkie Pie. Basically what she said. Also give feedback and any mistakes in my writing just point out. All critiques are helpful. I’ll get another chapter out as soon as possible.