• Published 25th Dec 2016
  • 2,224 Views, 10 Comments

A Superior Hero - MetalJrock



Otto Octavius finds himself with a second chance to redeem himself. Will he take it or will he fail again?

  • ...
4
 10
 2,224

Discussions

"I have done it!" Otto boasted, holding up a strange device in his hooves. He turned around, seeing no one standing behind him. "Oh, that's right." he remembered that everyone else was sleeping into the early hours of the morning.

In that time, Octavius neglected sleep in favor of creating the web fluid formula, whch he succeeded in after many hours. 'I may have lost sleep, but I, Otto Octavius, have managed to create a new web fluid in this primitive world. Now I shall put this to the test.' he boasted to himself, placing the web-shooters on the table.

But then another thought popped in his head, "Oh. I now remembered that I managed to find myself residing in a rural area and not an urban locale like New York. At the very least, I shall test its strength to see if it can in fact prove durable in times of future battles."

He placed the web-shooter over his hoof, testing the upgraded motion sensor, designed to shoot a web at the gesture of his hooves. Once he did so, a strand of gossamer shot out and he yanked a book in his direction, catching it with ease. "Success! The formula proved a success!" he cheered.

Feeling proud of himself, Otto walked upstairs, the stairs beneath his hooves creaking with each step. "Blasted stairs..." he whispered, "It is too late for such noise."

Much to his dismay, however, he found himself blinded by the light of the sun. "Agh." he muttered, shielding his eyes from the light beaming from the windows. "How long was I downstairs for?" he wondered to himself, checking the time. He saw the clock, "It's morning already. Hmph. So much for that..."

"Otto?" Twilight called out.

"Yes, mare?" Octavius responded, digging into his bag to retrieve his suit again.

"I think we should discuss your introduction to this world. After all, it's not everyday a pony with spider powers comes to Ponyville. Princess Celestia and Princess Luna have heard of your arrival and wish to meet you today." she explained.

The scientist shook his head, "Do not tell me you have revealed my secret identity. The last thing I need is for authorities to figure out who I am and what I am capable of."

The unicorn shook her head, "Don't worry, your real identity and origins remain confidential with us. They only wish to meet the Spider-Man and that is it."

"Good. I shall reveal my identity in my own time." Otto sneered. "When are they arriving?"

Twilight looked at the clock, "...In a few minutes."

"W-What?! Why have you not warned me of this earlier, mare?!" the scientist said in an annoyed tone. "Feh. Now I must get myself in costume. Do tell, how have you kept my identity secret? Did you reveal that the Spider-Man lives here? Cause if so, that will no doubt raise a few eyebrows."

The unicorn waved a hoof, "Don't worry. I said that the Spider-Man was willing to come talk to them from here. They don't know how close you are to the Elements of Harmony. They only think I have a small proxy to your alter-ego."

"Clever." Otto admitted, "How do you have such connections to these figures of monarchy?"

"I was a student of Princess Celestia since I was a filly. Turned out she was just helping me hone my unique magic as the Element of Magic when I hatched Spike from his egg."

Octavius furrowed a brow, "You hatched Spike? Did you raise him?"

Twilight shook her head, "No. He was more of a little brother to me. Princess Celestia helped me in taking care of him when he was a baby until he was able to do things on his own."

"Yep!" Spike called out. "I'm the best assistant ever!"

Otto chuckled, "Heh. It's time I introduce you to the Living Brain, a robot that I enhanced to become the greatest assistant. I do think Parker is taking good care of him."

"Living Brain?" Spike asked from his spot upstairs loudly, "A robot? That sounds awesome!"

Otto smirked, "Of course it was."

The unicorn rubbed her head, "Yes, sure. But I think we should talk about Celestia and Luna now. They're going to be here pretty soon and you need to be prepared to talk to them."

Doctor Octavius put on his mask after putting on his costume, "Very well, Sparkle. What shall we bring up?"

"They would want to know where you're from. Say you're from Manehattan for instance. But I do believe they have a right to know you're an otherworldly being." Twilight admitted.

Otto grunted, "And what? Have them fear an alien? Those in authority fear what they do not understand, Twilight. I've come from a world that fears mutants and my alter-ego when my predecessor was active until I screwed everything up. The government sends giant robots after us to eliminate us." he revealed.

"Woah, why? I think you're starting to sound paranoid." Spike said, hopping down the stairs.

The Superior Spider-Man looked at the young drake, "Because like I said. Those in power fear what they do not understand. I would be a constant target if I am discovered to be an alien, no matter the good done before it is revealed. That is part of the reason why I wish my true origins to remain secret."

"I think you're being a little too paranoid, Otto." Twilight eased the scientist, "Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are trustworthy as rulers. I told you, Equestria is a place of second chances and I promised I would help you move on from your past. I can put in a good word for you to the princesses."

Octavius shook his head, "No, I do not need to be treated like a rookie here. I know exactly what I'm talking about. You might think you have trust, but once they can, they will betray you when it benefits them. So no, Sparkle, I will remain an anamoly to Equestria until I feel I am ready."

Rolling her eyes, Twilight sighed, "Fine. We'll do things your way. Just remember to not be nervous and be respectful."

"I will respect those who deserve it." Octavius declared.

Spike crossed his arms, "Sure. We'll see how that goes."

The sound of knocking halted the conversation. Twilight perked up, "Oh they're here! Be on your best behavior!" she ran to open the door as fast as she could. On the other side of the door were a white alicorn and a blue alicorn, an aura of royalty seen on them as they entered the library.

"I am not a child, mare. I can handle myself." Otto grumbled.