• Published 20th Nov 2016
  • 1,341 Views, 9 Comments

Celestia and Luna's spoopy bet - The wandering commenter



Celestia and Luna make a nightmare night bet with Cadence and Twilight Sparkle. Hilarity ensues.

  • ...
1
 9
 1,341

The contest

Author's Note:

Fun fact: this story takes place between "Scootaloo's best day ever" and " The great Ponyville snowball war."

Twilight Sparkle, Spike and, Cadence landed right outside Canterlot Castle. They had come there for one reason and one reason only the bet. A bet was made by correspondence between the two alicorns and the princesses of the sun and moon, Celestia and Luna.


The game? To play each other in a game of tug of war in the garden. The bet itself? Whoever loses the tug of war will pay a heavy cost, they had to wear a costume chosen by the winner for nightmare night.

The sunlight of Celestia's sun sparkled in the stained glasses of the hall and into the air as they reached the throne room. Spike spoke up and said " Um, can I use the castle's other 'throne room'?"

Speaking to her former foalsitter in the hall Twilight Sparkle asked, "So, do you know what there going to wear when we win?"

"Yep! I was thinking chicken costume for Celestia and ballerina costume for Luna." smirked Cadence.

"Heh! Sounds awesome." responded Twilight Sparkle.

Meanwhile in the real throne room, Luna and Celestia were having a similar conversation.

"So, you have the cow and clown costumes ready Lulu?" asked the Sun sister.

"Yes I do sister, Twilight Sparkle will look hilarious in this cow costume!" Luna snickered.


After waiting for Spike to finish with the other throne room, the trio returned to the actual throne room.

"Hello fellow noble princesses and hero of the Crystal Empire Spike the Dragon. " welcomed Luna.

"Hey Luna, hey Celestia." responded the green dragon in a non formal fashion.

"So, shall we get started?" asked Celestia.

"Yes I think we should." Responded Cadence.


In the garden, there was a rope partially submerged in mud. Spike stood in the middle of the rope and announced the rules. "Ok Princesses!
The name of the game is Tug of War!" Spike continued "Whomever pulls team pulls the other team into the mud will win and pick the losing team's costumes for Nightmare Night! The only rules are no flying and no magic."

Celestia and Luna stared down there opponents with a mischievous smile. Twilight and Cadence were doing the same.

"And, begin!" Spike announced.

This started the thing that could be loosely described as "combat".

Twilight and Cadence's pulling put them in an early lead. Luna and Celestia quickly pulling back even harder.

But then, Twilight and Cadence did a super mega powerful aunt pull and pulled Celestia and Luna into the mud.

Luna blushed as she stepped from the mud and said "Best two out of three?" in vain.


On the night of Nightmare Night, Celestia and Luna were accepting there fate as a chicken and a ballerina.

They stepped from there respective rooms and flashed unamused glares at the laughing trio of Twilight, Cadence and, Spike as they collapsed into giggles.

"You know, you actually look good as a chicken dear sister." commented Luna.

"As do you in a tutu dear sister." smirked Celestia.

They then shared a hug between the two silly sisters.

Cadence and Twilight stopped giggling for a minute and said "Aww!" in unison.

But then the giggles restarted harder than before when Celestia somehow layed an egg.

This time Luna was in the giggle pile too.

Celestia can't prove it, but she suspected that somehow Lulu somehow hid an egg in her costume tail.


Luna was enjoying twirling around ponyville in tutu until it was time for the candy collection.

Zecora did her job scaring the fillys of Ponyville as Luna appeared from the mist.

This time the fillies, colts and, Pinkie Pie where giving her candy out of pity and hilarity.

Luna really didn't care as she got candy.

Luna rejoined her sister and asked her "How's the trick or treating going?".

"Not well." She responded showing her a bag that was only one third full.

"Come here dear sister, lets go toilet paper Twilight's Castle" Luna offered.

"Yes lets." responded Celestia. As they ran off to prank Twilight.