• Published 10th Nov 2016
  • 385 Views, 2 Comments

Soundwaves - Kiper



Monsters and mayhem. Or as we like to call it: Tuesday.

  • ...
 2
 385

Reinforcements

1 hour earlier

"Pinkie Pie, dear. Just... how?" Rarity watched as Pinkie ran up to yet another tree at random, reach a hoof into a hole barely big enough for it, and pull out a trombone. The large object was then tossed into a growing pile of instruments sitting in a little red wagon that Pinkie had pulled out of the second tree she came across.

"It's the simple side affect of breaking causality by tearing holes in space time. In an infinite amount of universes there is always at least one where anything that could happen, has happened. I reach into the void and pull what I need from that universe into this one." Pinkie said seriously staring straight at the unicorn.

"I see." she said eyeing the growing pile of instruments. "Reaching into... wait. What?!"

"Haha. Oh. You should see your face." The pink pony clutched her side as she went into gales of laughter. Wiping her eyes she said "I just store these here in case I meet somepony new. I never know when or where it might happen, so it's good to always be prepared." She bounced to another tree and looked up. "Discord said something similar during last night's game. Your face is even better than Spikes!" With that the pony crouched down on all four hooves before bouncing straight up into the tree and coming back down with a drum set. "Do you think this is enough?"

"Um. Yes, Pinkie." The unicorn shook her head to clear her thoughts. "But how are we going to get these back to the girls? The cart is going to be far too heavy to pull there."

"Ooh! I know!" With that Pinkie pushed the drum set into her mane where it disappeared. Grabbing the trombone she did the same. It was when she got to the tuba that she started having some troubles before her hair poofed into all directions. Pinkie was suddenly surrounded by a multitude of objects. "Whoa. Bummer. I think my frizz has freaked."

Rarity looked at the debris littering the ground. "Indeed darling. I suppose we should load up the lighter instruments and head back then? I'm getting a bit worried about Twilight." She picked up a trumpet and the drum set with her magic before placing them back in the cart. "Come now. Grab the trombone and tuba. We'll just have to come back and clean up the rest when we are done."

"Aww. But I wanted to play them all." In the brief silence that followed, Pinkie suddenly stood up, turned her head 180 degrees and looked over her tail. "Wait! New bestest plan ever!" With that, she jumped, rotating her lower half to match her head before running down the path.

"Pinkie! Wait! ... Oh why do I bother trying." The unicorn sighed as she followed in her friend's wake. Walking down the path she began to hear a deep melody that grew louder as she continued, before stopping suddenly. Around a final bend brought her before a fairly large house that was surprisingly two-toned. One side being brown with a green roof, while the other was a striking bluish purple with a brown roof. More surprising was the fact that the house appeared to be perfectly divided between the two. The line of paint going through the main entrance itself. Pinkie was sitting on the stoop watching the door expectantly.

"Pinkie, why did you run-" Rarity began before the door's opening interrupted her question.

A tan grey mare's head with a pink bow popped out looking at Pinkie Pie curiously. "Pinkie Pie..." the eyes came up to see Rarity approaching. "and Rarity? What brings you both to my doorstep?"

"Hey Octavia! We were in the neighborhood collecting instruments when I got too many to carry at once and broke my mane and then I heard your music and remembered that you lived out here so I came to see if DJ Pon-3 was home cause we could really use her help to destroy a monster ooze in the orchard." Pinkie managed to say in one breath to an even more confused Octavia.

"Come again?" the mare looked to Rarity for a translation.

"It's a long story darling. To summarize, we need a loud source of music to counteract a monster that has appeared near town. Is your roommate home? Time is of the essence. We can explain further on the way."

A simple answer appeared as a sleepy white unicorn with blue hair and sunglasses stuck her head over Octavia's shoulder. DJ Pon-3 looked the two over before turning back to Octavia with a raised eyebrow. A shrug in response led the unicorn to levitate her headphones from the floor as she walked out the door to the two waiting ponies.

Octavia followed asking, "What kind of music do you need?" She pulled a Cello from where it had been sitting behind the door before walking outside.

"It shouldn't matter. As long as it's loud and a lot." Pinkie responded as the two newcomers joined them. "Do you still have that cool moving synthesizer from Cranky and Matilda's wedding?" the pink pony asked eagerly. "It was so loud I could hear it from the far side of town as you gathered the guests."

Octavia glanced to her roommate who was now attempting 'sad puppy dog eyes' which was limited by the sunglasses she still wore. A sigh and eye roll from Octavia was enough permission for the other pony to run around the house excitedly. "Indeed." she said dryly. "Though I am loathe to bring it out of the shed. We had a stack of noise complaints from last time. However, given what you have said, it seems this might be the answer."

A shudder through the ground signified that the machine had successfully started. Coming around the back of the house was a device that looked like little more than two speakers on wheels with a very excited unicorn behind the synthesizer. Octavia merely shook her head at her roommates antics. "Very well. Let us be off."