• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 328 Views, 1 Comments

Dazzlings v.s. Dazzlings - PinkFluffyUnicorn99



Magical Rubik's cube? Check. Alternate dimension? Check. Send the Dazzlings there to defeat.....themselves? Um, check!

  • ...
 1
 328

The Doubles

The next thing she knew, there was a dull ringing in Adagio's head. She was aware of a soft surface underneath her, and being shaken. Gently. And a voice was calling her name, though it sounded muffled somehow.

"Adagio......wake up......"

Adagio tried to open her eyes, but they felt too heavy to lift. After what seemed like eternities of darkness and the ringing, she was finally able to open them. To see it. The blue blob. It swam in and out of focus, making the little details impossible to see.

It seemed to be a face. A very blurry face, with a cut across the forehead. Sonata's face.

"S-Sonata?"

As if on cue, her sight magically improved. Sonata's magenta eyes, glittering, came into focus.

She wants to cry, Adagio realized. Then it hit her with the full force of a truck on the highway.

"Sonata," Adagio said, trying to be as casual as one could be when they were lying down (on a bed?) with a possibility of--"are you crying because I'm going to die?"

Adagio wasn't quite sure when Sonata had crumbled. A single tear leaked out of her right eye, and more followed, until it was a waterfall and Sonata was sobbing. Her voice broke but she talked fast, leaving Adagio confused.

"No, I-I...I don't think you're gonna die (gulp). Aria put the bandage (gulp) around, around your head. It was bleeding pretty bad earlier, but (gulp) it stopped. (Gulp) She's gone now, to get supplies, but we had a fight and she said we're all going to die in this damn world anyway so how does it matter who goes first and--"

"Slow down," Adagio interrupted. "I can barely understand what you're saying. Take a deep breath, and tell me everything that happened in detail."

Sonata nodded tearfully. She closed her eyes, and her lips moved--Adagio guessed she was counting to ten. After this was over, she opened her eyes again and started over. She told Adagio that they were in an abandoned hotel, and that her head injury, although it had bled profusely, was not too serious. Then she went back to the hotel bit and said that they were still in Canterlot Springs, but the entire town had been deserted. They had had to break into the hotel room. Adagio noticed that she skipped over most of the argument (which was fine with her: it wasn't as if she liked listening to their bickering live anyways), and instead told her that both of them had been able to hear faint singing coming from CHS.

"And if you look outside, the sky's all red," she finished. Her lip quivered. "I don't want to die under a red sky."

"Sonata, nobody's going to die," Adagio reassured her, but she didn't believe herself. The words of Onyx Stone echoed in her mind, along with the ringing.

Every time I send someone into another dimension and they die there....

"Do you really think so?" Sonata sniffled, wiping off her tears in a way that struck Adagio as extremely childlike. Her forehead was creased with worry; she noticed the blood that had dried up on her forehead. And then came the thoughts: she wanted to wipe it off gently with a tissue. She wanted to let Sonata cry on her shoulder and tell her it was going to be okay. She wanted to be there for her.

Adagio quickly dismissed them. I've never cared what Sonata does before. Why should I care now? "Of course I do," she snapped. "I--"

She stopped. She felt something. The same presence that had been created with Onyx's cube.

"There's Equestrian magic here," Adagio hissed. Seeing hope on Sonata's face, as lifting as a butterfly, she exhaled. "It's evil. Like......our magic."

All the color drained from Sonata's face, her mouth forming an O. She pointed a shaking finger past Adagio, in the direction of the window. When she spoke, her voice was a ghost of what it had been. "There."

Adagio wasn't able to see the window from the bed, so she had to sit up. The dull pain in her head became excruciating, but whatever Sonata was seeing had to be very serious. With a gasp, she pulled herself up, the hotel room coming in sight around her. There was an ugly walnut brown loveseat with light blue spots in the corner, with the boudoir pillow she had been lying on also bearing the design. A sliver of mahogany headboard could be seen from the edge of her vision. The bed scarf was cerulean, and two nightstands flanked the bed, each proudly holding up a rectangular lamp. And the wardrobe in the front had--what else?--a small TV.

Adagio's gaze fell onto the window, which was framed by two chocolate brown curtains. She saw a large crowd, comprised of Canterlot Springs residents and a few CHS students, walking in sync with one another. They wore the same clothes, a uniform: plain purple jeans, plain purple tops, and a not-so-plain spiky headband. The sound reached the hotel room gradually as they got closer and closer: they were cheering for something over and over, in scarily perfect unison. It was murder on Adagio's head, but she craned her neck anyways to see who the leader was.

Some part of her already knew before she saw the slender figure at the front turn and face towards the rest of the people. The crowd looked on in awe and admiration. Awe and admiration that had clearly been manufactured.

"My adoring citizens," announced this world's Adagio Dazzle. "You have done an excellent job with this week's performance."

The crowd cheered for their golden-haired controller. Again, in unison.

"You deserve a reward for all your hard work!"

The crowd was all for it. But they were silenced by the other Adagio's index finger.

"Which means....." Her voice trailed off as she considered what to give her fans. But she did not get an idea from her wandering eyes. Instead, she saw Adagio with her homemade bandage, a ripped, now bloody piece of Aria's pants that had been tied around her head, and wide-eyed Sonata with a cut across her forehead.

The two Adagios stared at one another for a few seconds. Both felt a jolt of uneasiness. Somehow, the other Adagio also knew they could not coexist here. Maybe she was in cahoots with Onyx, or maybe she had seen the lack of hypnosis in the ones in the window. Whatever it was, there was no doubt in her eyes when she raised her arm and the finger pointed squarely at Adagio's face. "I want them captured."

The organized crowd instantly became a mob. They ran screaming and yelling into the parking lot far below.

"What're we gonna do?" Sonata asked tearfully. "They're gonna get us."

"Not if I can help it," Adagio snarled, briefly thinking how much she sounded like Aria. She grabbed Sonata's arm and they ran out the door, which was swinging brokenly on its hinges from when they had broken in. They opened the door to the stairs and practically flew down the flights. They seemed to go on forever, but finally the door marked FIRST FLOOR came into view.

"There!" Sonata exclaimed. She yanked the doorknob and was about to jump through when Adagio pulled her sleeve. "Wait. Is the coast clear?"

"Yeah, I think so," Sonata responded.

"Good. Then let's go. But be very quiet."

They crept across the bright hotel lobby and hid behind the revolving door. Adagio peeked out and scanned the parking lot outside. No sign of the other Adagio. Slowly, she came out of hiding, and was about to beckon Sonata to follow when two rough hands clapped over her mouth and left shoulder. She was spun around to face Bulk Biceps. Bon Bon, Lyra, Scribble Dee, and Trixie were behind him, identical (wicked) smirks on each of their faces.

Adagio's heart sinking and mind racing was summarized in one of Sonata's worried sentences.

"We're captured."

Author's Note:

I hope I've done okay with this chapter! I'm sorry for the late upload for the people that liked this. For the people who didn't, I'm not a good writer so I only posted this because I really liked the story idea.

Happy Thanksgiving!