• Published 22nd Aug 2016
  • 556 Views, 0 Comments

Twilightlicious - Squirrels



Twilight seeks to live a normal life and prove she's not as crazy as everyone thinks

  • ...
2
 0
 556

Chapter 1

Subject: Twilight Sparkle
Age: withheld by Royal Court
Species: Unicorn
Author: Dr. V. Idleite; Therapist

Transcript of latest recollections

When I was younger, I used to think that my life wasn't real. I liked to think that it was all a dream. A very long dream. I thought that I would wake up at any given moment to my real parents' house. That everything would still be okay. I would wake up in my bed, seeing a thin strip of light intruding itself into my room from the open door and catching the mirror’s face. I'd see shadows of familiar faces, but at the same time none that I could recall.

But then just as fast everything would shift in another direction. Princess Celestia sitting next to me, her long elegant mane practically touching my lips. She would be feeling my forehead, a frown of displeasure. For I had a fever. She pried me out carefully from the cave I had made of my sleeping bag. And as she set my hooves down onto the cold ground, my legs started to shake violently. Slowly, I would walk along with her, holding a sweaty hoof tightly in hers to keep myself upright. Princess Celestia directed me down the staircase to where she slept. Stepping inside the chamber, I shielded my eyes from the ruffled reflection blasting back at me as we passed a 270 degree mirror. Wondering what Princess Celestia thought of my less than desirable appearance. Stepping past, I eyed toward the princess' assorted collection of perfume and bows as I glanced about the room. Leading me on the Princess sat me down, insistently, on the bed and walked to the closet. With a quick scan of the closet she produced the medical supplies. Along with a strawberry flavored tonic to ease the pain. Right away, I would snatch the tonic from out of her hand and start chugging it down as though I'd been out in a desert for years.

But perhaps that's just what my real life was – dry, wretched, intolerable.

And after many years of dreaming, I eventually realized something. This was my life. Not a dream. At first, I cried for I felt as though my life was a disappointment. I felt like a disappointment to everyone around me. But if I could just go back to that day and choose differently; would I have all the right answers? Would anything really change? To save a few wouldn’t that require to sacrifice others?

At the very least, I wouldn't be the bad guy everyone made me out to be. I thought about it constantly. But I knew I could never go back. No matter how hard I wanted myself to wake up. I suppose you're wondering why this even matters. And to be honest, I'm not sure it does. I'm not sure what matters in the end.


End of Transcript


End notes: I believe it necessary for Miss Sparkle to undergo more sessions here at the Equestria Mental Institution. Her dreams are becoming more developed. And we should be reaching a breakthrough soon.