• Published 20th Aug 2016
  • 1,767 Views, 62 Comments

The crippling secret - Jonny Bench



Scootaloo has a secret, and it's one she's had for most of her life

  • ...
9
 62
 1,767

Chapter 2

“Hey applejack, over here!”
The orange farm girl hears while she’s talking to her friends over by the track field. She turns around to see her sister and Sweetie Bell walking towards her, while Scootaloo is walking casually. This confuses her, since she heard that Scootaloo was the most energetic person around from Rarity. She pushes that idea aside as she greets the newcomers with
“Hey Applebloom, how’s your first day going?”

“It’s great Applejack, I can’t wait for gym class though. Also, I wanted to ask if ah could have Sweetie Bell and Scootaloo over for a back to school slumber party.”

AppleJack thinks about her sister’s question for a minute before turning to her friend Rarity and saying “Ah don’t know. It’s alright with me, but Sweetie bell’s going to have to ask rarity for permission first.”

Rarity turns around and says “did you say something darling, I thought I heard you call my name.”

“Applebloom wanted to know if Sweetie Bell would be able to attend a sleepover that she’s having.”

“Of course she can, I’m very happy to hear that she’s getting along with Applebloom, and a sleepover would be the perfect way to help them get to know each other.”

“Yes!” Both Applebloom and Sweetie call out with an enthusiastic look on their faces
“Now you just have to ask your mom Scootaloo.”

“I just texted her,” Scootaloo replied, “and she said that I can go. I’ll just need to pick up a few things from home first.”

“Great! How about you come by Sweet Apple acres around 5:00, or is that too early?” Asks Applebloom

“Five’s good, for me. Here’s my number, text me the directions after school okay.” Scootaloo replies.

“Got it. Also, sis why are you hangin out over, here. You don’t run track? Also, who are they?” Applebloom asks her sister

“This is Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle, and I’m here, cause they wanted me to try and get back together with Rainbow Dash.” Applejack replies as person with blue skin, goes racing around the track, her rainbow colored hair flying back due to how fast she's running.

Scootaloo sees this, and is almost swept off her feet.
“She looks so cool!” Scootaloo says “I want to be just like her!”
The rainbow haired girl starts to come to a stop as she sees her friends, fluttershy and Pinkie Pie,sitting in the bleachers next to a girl with purple hair and skin, three freshmen, and the two people she liked the least.

“What are you doing here.” Rainbow says in the direction of both Applejack and Rarity, with a look of annoyance on her face.

“Ah, wanted to apologize for what happened back then, ah shouldn’t ave done it, and ah shouldn’t ave waited this long to say sorry. Could you forgive me?” Applejack says, taking Rainbow by surprise.

Her surprise is quickly replaced by joy as she says
“I’ve been waiting to see if you’d finally say it. Of course I forgive you AJ,now how about a little race?” Rainbow asks as a look of determination appears on Applejacks face
“You’re on Rainbow!” She replies

They both line up on the starting line, and pinkie pie walks up to the line, while pulling a checkered flag from her hair. All of the other people present are making bets on who’s going to win, and Scootaloo is brimming with joy, knowing that she’s going to see one of the most awesome things to have taken place at her school.

Rainbow looks at all of her friends, and then at the freshmen who are watching. She knows who Applebloom and Sweetie bell are, but then notices the last person. She thinks she's seen her before, but can’t remember where.he attention snaps back to the race she’s about to participate in, and Pinkie says

“3.2.1. GO!”

At the moment when pinkie said go, both racers took off, bolting down the track. Rainbow pulls ahead, but then Applejack catches up. Then Applejack pulls ahead while rainbow catches up, going back and forth throughout the whole race. It seems like they are evenly matched until it comes down to the final stretch. Rainbow puts on a burst of speed, overtaking her friend, and pulls ahead, crossing the finish line just before Applejack.

“Was there ever a doubt that i’d win?” Rainbow says, before taking a drink of water.

“Ah figured you’d win, but ah had you on the ropes.” Applejack says in reply.

“Sure you did AJ, sure you did.” Rainbow says suddenly rarity shouts

“Oh my goodness, if we don’t hurry, we’ll be late for our next class!”

“Rarity, the bell hasn’t rung yet.”

“It doesn’t matter if the bell has or hasn’t rung yet Rainbow, our class is on the other side of the school. If we wait any longer, then we won’t make it in time.”
Rarity says, before she and her friends bolt off to their next class, leaving Scootaloo and her friends in their dust

“We should probably get going, if we want to get our stuff from our lockers.” Sweetie Bell says before they start to walk off. When they are about halfway to the school, Scootaloo says
“Rainbow dash was so cool back there, I want to be just like her when I get older!”

While both Sweetie Bell and Applebloom just roll their eyes at their friends idea. Scootaloo picks up her pace and, Applebloom & Sweetie Bell follow suit, rushing to their lockers and heading off towards the locker room after grabbing their gym clothes, blissfully unaware of the torture they were about to endure.

Author's Note:

I finally got around to updating, sorry it took so long