• Published 20th Jun 2012
  • 825 Views, 8 Comments

Shattered Mirrors - Dashi Lover



The peacful land of Equestria becomes threatened by it's own twisted reflection.

  • ...
 8
 825

Book1: Rise of the Anti-Derp Ch1

Queen Celestia sat upon her throne of hoof polished marble, the blazing sun of the solar empire displayed upon a gargantuan tapestry behind her. The Solar Guard stood silently, like sentinels, some of them were her Enforcers; the ones that would ensure her rule would never end.
An earth-pony approached her. She wore a dress made from the hides of many ponies, upon which were sown three pairs of wings, and upon her neck was a necklace of severed unicorn horns. Not even the drilling eye of Queen Celestia could stop the guards from cowering in fear. There wasn’t a soul in Equestria who did not know and fear her legend. Even Queen Celestia felt a little nervous in the presence of this living nightmare.
Queen Celestia eyed her guest cautiously; they had been at odds about many things from methods to mane-styles. But the earth-pony in front of her suggested a plan that could make them both the most powerful rulers in not just the world, but all existence. “So… What is this –plan- that you offer me, Pinkamina?” Queen Celestia spoke with an air of authority that would crush any sentient life form into submission, the pink earth pony seemed unphased however.
The earth pony only spoke two words, but it was all Queen Celestia needed to hear, “Interdimensional Conquest.”

--- Somewhere, far away, in a completely different universe ---

“Alright Rainbow Dash, this is it. Are you absolutely positively sure you want to go through with this? Once you cross that line, there is no way to turn back. THIS is the point of no return.” Twilight Sparkle had taken every possible precaution to ensure that nothing would go wrong. She even went as far placing caution tape across the length of the room to make sure nobody accidently crossed it.
In the centre of the room was a large mirror, the source of the unicorn’s worries. Its frame was adorned with a multitude of hearts, but otherwise it seemed like a perfectly normal mirror.
All the mane6 were there, including a few other friends and family who were interested in seeing this special day. Even the Cutie Mark Crusaders wanted to come, which flooded Twilight’s mind with all the possible things that could go wrong. Luckily they’d lost interest before Twilight could even reject their request. All eyes were on the mirror’s reflective surface, waiting to see it all happen.
Rainbow Dash turned to Twilight, then back to the line that had been drawn in front of her. “Ready as I’ll ever be.” She took a deep breath then began walking, right past the mirror.
Within the mirror was a reflection, walking alongside Dash. But the pony in the mirror was not Rainbow Dash, and was much smaller. Unlike Dash, who walked past the mirror, the reflection stopped half way to look through the frame of the mirror, staring at all the ponies who were staring back at her. Cautiously, the reflection took a step forward, “WOAH!” The reflection fell out of the mirror as if it was just a door, landing on the ground with a silent thud.

Once she knew the ritual had succeeded, Twilight threw a large sheet over the mirror, covering it completely. “It’s safe to move around now.” She declared, though nobody really heard her, too intrigued by the small creature that lay on the floor.
The first pony to act was Fluttershy, who instinctively flew over to the creature, picking her up and checking her for bruises. The creature was a filly, sporting a mass of rainbow hair, and a creamy yellow pelt. Upon determining the foal was alright, Fluttershy delicately hugged the filly.
Rainbow Dash trotted up, smiling at the newborn.
“Congratulations Dashi!!! You’re a mommy… Or is Dashi the daddy? Well… Fluttershy’s definitely the mommy, and Dashi is kind of a guy, so I guess Dashi’s the daddy!” The pink pony jumped up and down excitedly. Rainbow blushed, she wasn’t –that- manly.
“So what are you going to name her?” Twilight asked.
Dash tilted her head in thought, “How about… Awesome Dash, that would be an awesome name!”
Fluttershy giggled at her partner. “Maybe it’d be better to go with something more contemporary like… Prism Flare…”
Dash shrugged, “I guess that’ll do.”

----

It was a Sunday, so the Cutie Mark Crusaders had the day off. They would often be joined by their friends, namely Pip and Dinky. Dinky Doo had been spending a lot of time with the CMC lately, which was strange for Dinky since she usually spent more time with her mother, Ditzy Doo, than with friends, -especially- weekends.
“So do all fillies come from mirrors?” Sweetybelle asked, biting into her sandwich.
“Ummm.. Uhh.” Applebloom and Scootaloo both knew the answer to that question; Applebloom having grown up on a farm with a pony who doesn’t believe in masking the truth for a sister, and Scootaloo who could start up a video library with her secret stash of MA15+ movies; but neither of them could think of a strait answer that wouldn’t completely obliterate Sweetybelle’s innocence.
“So uh… Dinky…” Applebloom thankfully finding a way to change the subject, “you’re not spending as much time with Derpy as you usually do…”
Dinky was about to take a bite of her sandwich, but suddenly seemed put off, putting her sandwich down on the wrapping she’d been using as a plate, “mom’s been acting… strange… Her voice is different and… There’s something wrong with her eyes.”
“No offence sugar cube, but there’s always been something wrong with her eyes.” Applebloom blurted out, tilting her head to the side.
“Nono… I mean… her eyes are… normal… like… both eyes pointing in the exact same direction… ALL the time.”
The other CMC looked at each other worried.
“Derpy Hooves without dodgy eyes? How is that even a thing?”
“Oh no, what if she’s sick? We have to save Derpy!”
Applebloom facehoofed, “Ah think you’re all over-reacting, a LOT. F’r all we know, she just had an operation or somethin’”
Dinky shook her head, “She’d never have an operation to fix her eyes, she loves being like that, and she certainly wouldn’t do it without telling me.”
“Well regardless.” Applebloom said, finishing the rest of her lunch with a single bite. “There’s only one pony we can trust. When ever there’s a problem, goto Twilight Sparkle!”

---

Over the years, Twilight Sparkle gained a reputation as the one to goto when ever someone had problems. So the CMC should not have been surprised when they heard that Twilight was with someone at the time. The fillies could hear heavy sobbing from behind the front door.
Curiosity got the better of them, Applebloom and Scootaloo both hid beneath a window and began listening in on the conversation inside.
Sweetybelle gave her friends an unimpressed look, “It’s rude to eaves drop you know.”
Applebloom’s eyes widened a little and she motioned for Sweetybelle and Dinky to come over, “You –really- have to listen to this, especially you Dinky.”

Inside, Twilight held a distraught Sea Foam, whispering soft comforts into her ear.
“What about Dinky? What’s gonna happen to Ditzy’s daughter?”
“Everything’s going to be alright, it must be horrible having to go through that. Just remember, she’s in a better place now.”
Dinky heard all she needed, rushing to the door and kicking it open with new found strength, “WHAT HAPPENED TO MY MOMMY?!?!”

---

Dinky was silent as she left the library. Applebloom offered Dinky to stay at her house for a while, they had plenty of room, plus Applejack and Big Mac knew what it was like to lose parents, Applebloom was too young to remember.

Twilight sat silent in the library for what seemed like an hour, the only sound was that of her breathing. She couldn’t believe what just happened. In the morning, a child was born, an occasion that should leave the rest of the day a day to celebrate. But in the afternoon, she had to organise an investigation for a potential murder. Even when Spike got home she barely roused.
“Twilight… Are you alright.”
Twilight turned to Spike and sighed, “Spike… Write a letter… And this one isn’t for Celestia.”

---

The Town Guards had been assigned to investigating the murder and interview the town’s folk, but no-pony knew who could have done such a thing. Two of the guards decided to search Ditzy’s house to see if they could find anything. So when they opened to door of the mailmare’s home, they were quite taken aback to see…
“M… Miss. Doo?!”
The Grey pegasus turned to the pair of guards and smiled, “Oh, hello. What brings you here?”
The guards just stood there, mouth open in complete confusion for several seconds until one of them found the voice to speak. “Well… uh… You were found…in the lake… dead… as in… dead dead… not moving… permanently…”
Ditzy Doo tilted her head to the side, “Well… um… that is an odd turn of events… Well.. come in, sit down, I’ll make you a cup of tea.”
The guards were to dumbfound to think properly let alone comprehend that tea breaks during working hours was against the rules. So they closed the door behind them and sat down at a table shaped like a muffin. “ This is –very- strange Miss. Doo… We even have a body… I saw it myself.”
“Not strange,” Ditzy walked into the kitchen and grabbed a knife, “Just unfortunate… Means we’re going to have to goto plan B.” She walked back into the dining room, un-noticed by the guards who had their back to her.
“Plan B? What do you mean? What’s Plan B?”
“This!” before either of them could scream, their throats were cut. Their lifeless bodies slumped to the floor.