• Published 7th Jun 2016
  • 659 Views, 2 Comments

Comfort - ReadingRainboom



Winters are never easy for this rainbow horse.

  • ...
2
 2
 659

Tradition Starts Here

Rainbow Dash awoke the next morning, rubbing away the last of her sleep from her eyes as Celestia's sun shined brightly down on her facial features, "Ugh... mornings are not my best--WHOA!", she yelped as she had gotten off her bed to walk to the restroom, she tripped on a pair of pony slippers that only brought back loving, but pained memories of her tortoise, who was still sound asleep in the ground.
"...just three months, buddy. You'll be back", staying as strong as her will intends it, she places the slippers back under her mattress, keeping them safe and secure until her pet can reclaim them. Dash felt another feeling... a feeling of social longing.
"Huh...?", she stared at the nightstand in the far right corner of her bedroom, "....I wonder what my best pals are up too?", she plastered on her trademark smirk, as she took one final look at the portrait of her and her friends, thinking about the best way to spend a Saturday morning. Perhaps a friendship problem? A monster attack, she was hoping! Just as long as it didn't take too long. A half-hour at most was her best bet, because she made it a yearly thing for when Tank started his hibernation, she would always fly up towards the hill, and lay at the spot that Tank chose to slumber in and read a few exciting, amazing, and adventurous tales of her favorite novel--Daring Do! It was like tradition. HER tradition. That way, Tank will always be dreaming of his owner, whose just as awesome as any adventure pony. "Well... maybe 20% cooler".