• Published 6th Jul 2016
  • 259 Views, 0 Comments

Tuesday - mr_shimmer



Tolkien got it right with "It's a dangerous business stepping out your front door." But rather than dangerous it is more like life changing. Well finding a filly right outside my front door has really changed my life.

  • ...
 0
 259

Actions I

There really isn’t much I can do, is there? I am an unemployed, teenage boy. No income, no property, and recently a lot of responsibility. I really can’t care for a filly. Why does this simple fact make me so sad? I am a human, not even her species, and I care about her? Why?
Is it her cute twitches as she snores, the extra long ‘ah’ when she says daddy? The extensive patience she has shown me? The simple fact that she trusts me? Is all the affection I feel for her some odd conversion of my personal value of loyalty? Has that been the base motive for all my interactions with her? Does that mean that I’m approaching the whole parenting thing completely wrong?

Who would I even ask for a second opinion? If I ask anyone but my parents under the gise of writing a story, they’ll wonder why I didn’t ask my parents. If I ask my parents then I run the risk of them getting too involved. And while I wouldn’t say my parents are the extreme intolerant kinda people… Well, I am not going to risk her safety.
So what can I do?

I man up, embrace the suck, and take a path. I need some form of income, so applying to the summer job I took last year is my best option. Become another busboy for an outdoor restaurant. It pays fairly well, and it give me an employee discount. Problem is, it’s a summer job. Or rather I got a summer job from them last year. If I am going to be caring for this adorable filly long term, a summer job won’t cut it.
They do have an indoor restaurant location, that is operating year round, but jobs are a lot more sparse. Thankfully I know my school has something of a ‘work-release’ program. You get your boss to sign off on a sheet of paper work that you did work, you get out of school a bit early, and get credit for working. However getting it all set up before school starts is important.

This means I need to get the job, with my employers aware of my intention to get into the work release program. Contact my school, meetup with my counselor, and get my parent to sign off. I can probably get my parents and counselor to sign off under the logic of: ‘College is expensive, I want to add some extra to the scholarships I plan of obtaining. And in case I don’t end up with them, I don’t want to be screwed over.’ Of course the hard part is getting the employers to sign off on everything.

Then there is the final underlying problem. The cutest filly I have ever seen, being unattended while I’m at school, and when I’m at work. The simple thing is I don’t know anyone I’d trust to watch her. Nor can I pay anyone enough that I’d trust them. This doesn’t mean that she is a missbehaver, but she is something of a stranger to this world. I think. I’m not too sure on her origins, she may very well be much more responsible than I am. Depending on what her home was like.
Well, I’m kinda damned If I do, damned If I don’t. I guess I better pull up my resume. It’s going to be a long night.

Wow, the moron is finally crawling out of his own pit of despair. Of course he has a few good points, them being:
A: We don’t know his filly’s origin.
B: We trust anyone enough to have them babysit her.
C: We lack any real income.
D: No matter what we do, there is no perfect answer. Unless We end up some E-sport savant and win a massive prizepool, we will be taken away from a filly we don’t want to be left alone.
The moron might be deserving of a change in title. Of course if he messes it up, then it’ll go back to moron. But if he finds a path, then he might be worth calling partner...