• Published 18th May 2016
  • 3,312 Views, 20 Comments

Lost and Found. - Sugarcube66



Twilight and Sunset discover two badly treated children on the streets.

  • ...
8
 20
 3,312

Scarred

With the little girl awake, and now cradling Dream Chaser, who was the baby. Even though she was tickling the baby's belly, she was keeping a keen eye on the teenagers in the room, like she didn't want them coming any nearer then they already was to her. She growled a little. ''Who are you!? Why are you crowding around me!? WHY DID YOU HAVE A HOLD OF DREAM!'' She screamed out, unable to control her emotions, as tears began to slide down her cheeks, falling off her redden nose, as she didn't take her glaring turquoise eyes off the girls.

Sunset looked at Twilight, sadly and her girlfriend nodded. The purple haired girl looked once at the 'clone' of her child, as she took one worry filled step towards the child, who snarled at her. Twilight sighed as she gently spoke to the angry child. ''My name is Twilight Sparkle, and this here is Sunset Shimmer, my girlfriend. We found you injured in a alleyway, with Dream Chaser. We instantly took you here, as you were badly injured and Dream was...or is, severely malnourished.''

''But why did you have a hold of her?!'' cried the little one, refusing the git the gist of what Twilight was saying.

''Because the doctor asked me and Twilight to look after her as the nurses couldn't take care of the poor infant, and he also feared what your reaction would be if a complete stranger were, to say, breast feed her. With us being teens, we can't lactate to feed her that way so there won't be too much connection made.'' said Sunset, as she sat down on the child's bed, looking at the dark skinned child's eyes. ''Now, may I ask for your name? Unless you want to be called 'child' for the rest of the night or even week.''

The child stared straight into Sunset's eyes for a bit, before sighing. ''Nyx...my name is Nyx.'' The name broke Twilight's concentration on the child's eyes. The name proved her theory about the child, Nyx was the human counterpart of her adoptive daughter, but then who was the pony counterpart of Dream Chaser, she didn't recognize the child from Ponyville or Canterlot, even though she knew the human world was. at least, about a year behind, as from what she had heard from the human Twilight, human Cadance and Shining Armor weren't even married.

Well, it didn't matter much. What matter was discovering what Nyx knew about the attack and why she was in the alleyway, with a newborn infant at that. Twilight decided to ask what she needed to know, even though she understood that Nyx probably wouldn't answer her. ''Nyx, I know this bit might make you unsettled but I want to ask you, why were you in that alleyway; where are your parents?''

''Do. Not. Mention. That. Word. Around. Me!'' growled Nyx, clearly not liking the sound of the word 'parents'. Maybe something had happened, and if so, that just made Twilight even more curious and concerned for her daughter's counterpart's history. The black skinned child calmed, yet was still glaring at Twilight. ''My history is none of your concern, you know my name now. Get out the hell out of this room!''

The scream caused a issue though; Dream's eyes instantly shot open and filled with tears, as her mouth opened wide as she cried loudly. The cry caught Nyx off guard but she was quick to begin rocking the little baby. ''Shh, it's okay, it's okay. Dreamy. I didn't mean to yell around you, big sis is just a little upset.'' She continued to rock the child, and began speaking with a soft tone to her usual raspy growls. ''My little Dream, calm and sleep. This isn't your fault, all you need to do is settle and make people feel better with your strength.''

The baby grabbed at Nyx's hand before turning over, into her chest, yawning and falling into a long deep sleep. Nyx smiled gently, as she began singing, using the same soft voice that she used before as the lyrics came out of her throat, true to her emotions. ''Hush and sleep....hush now, little baby, it's time for you to go to bed, to your warm resting place......mama and papa are dreaming......, and now it's your turn, hush now.....my little Dream.''

Twilight and Sunset could only watch with shock, the usually annoyed purple haired child had, some how, managed to calm down the baby after scaring her. It was definitely a surprise, since she had not spoken prior to that without one yell in her sentence. The little girl looked up from the baby, her eyes meeting their shocked expressions. She smirked a little. ''What, you didn't assume I would yell at her would you? Sorry to burst your bubble, but I've been looking after Dream for about a month now after I discovered her, laying in a dumpster, where her parents had abandoned her. And lets say, it wasn't a pretty sight for a child of my age to see.''

This brought a choked gasp to Twilight's throat. It was shocking, the older child had obviously gone through some abuse by the way she acted towards adults, or even teenagers and the baby was abandoned. ''So...you found her abandoned...when did this happen and what exactly transpired, Nyx?''

''...Like I said, about a month or so ago when it was raining due to the April Showers. It was late and I had been rummaging through bins to find something to eat, and when I looked through the particular one, I saw her.....I won't go into detail but it wasn't pleasant.''

Twilight shook her head. She knew it weren't going to be easy to get information out of the black skinned little girl, but she had to try. ''Nyx, I understand you don't trust me and I can clearly see as to why that is, but please, tell us the whole story. We won't hurt you for it, we just need to know. No little girl should be out there on her own, when she could have a family to look after her.''

Nyx looked down, whimpering under her breath. She stared at Dream for a bit before looking back at Twilight and Sunset. Twilight was correct, she didn't trust them but at the same time, Twilight made a valid point that no little girl should be out on the streets with no parental supervision. ''F-fine, I'll tell you the whole s-story. Pay attention, I'm not gonna repeat myself......''