• Published 10th Apr 2016
  • 1,799 Views, 15 Comments

Inside Pinkie Pie's Mind - Pinkie's Secret - Violet Bloom



Ever wonder what's going on inside of Pinkie Pie's mind during the MLP episodes? This story will focus on just that.

  • ...
2
 15
 1,799

The Cutie Map

Setting: Season 5 Episode 1 & 2 “The Cutie Map”

Pinkamena’s crying; she is crying her eyes out.

Lifting her head up, Pinkamena looks outside the window of what is called The Equalization Cottage towards the mountain where the Cutie Mark vault is located, more of the tears she’s been holding in all afternoon flowing out of her eyes.

“Pinkie…” whimpers Pinkamena, remembering the day’s event that leads to the current situation.

/

While the Mane 6 sat on their new thrones, a giant round table with the Equestria map appears before them. Then their Cutie Marks signals them to head towards a small town in a deserted part that’s surrounded by mountains. There they met the founder, a Unicorn name Starlight Glimmer, and how her version of Friendship is having every residence’s Cutie Marks removed to make them equal with one another.

After Pinkie ate Sugar Belle’s “muffins” (and possibly getting a severe stomach ache), the Mane 6 followed the Unicorn into her shop’s basement to find out that Sugar Belle, along with a Unicorn Stallion, Party Favor, and a Pegasus Mare, Night Glider, missed having their Cutie Marks with them and tells the group about the vault where their Cutie Marks are kept. Unfortunately when Starlight asks how did they know about the vault, Pinkie accidentally spills the beans that someone told them about it. This cause Starlight to get angry and a number of the villagers surrounded them for her to remove their Cutie Marks.

While the removal was taken placed, inside Pinkie’s mind something else was removed.

“PINKAMENA! HELP!” Pinkie cries out, feeling herself slipping away from her mind.

Pinkamena’s running as fast as she can, and with one big leap, grabs a hold of Pinkie’s hooves, “I got you!”

But the spell used for the Cutie Unmarking is too strong for the two ponies to resist as Pinkie’s grip is slowly slipping from Pinkamena’s.

“Come on Pinkie, don’t let go!”

“I’m… trying…!”

Their efforts are futile as the spell successfully removes the three balloons Cutie Mark, as Pinkie loses her grip from Pinkamena and disappears from within the mind.

“No…no…” Pinkamena’s body shook as tears form in her eyes.

“PINKIIIIIIIIIIIIE!”

/

“Why did you have to open your big mouth Pinkie?” Pinkamena asks quietly, closing her eyes to try and stop the tears with little to no success.

After being locked up in the cottage, Pinkamena’s trying her best to act just like Pinkie, fortunately her acting is believable enough thanks to her spending most of her life with Pinkie. But even with her acting, the equal sign Cutie Mark gets rid of the joy to replace with how Pinkamena’s attitude was when she was a filly.

Pinkamena’s not sure when and how did she fell asleep, but she know she had since Twilight’s voice woke her, and the other four ponies, up before telling them the only possible way to escape is to accept the offer of staying in the village since they can’t escape through the door and windows.

“They’ll nev’r going to believe we switched over in just one night,” Applejack pointed out.

“There is one of us they might believe,” Twilight said, looking at Fluttershy.

Fluttershy realizes that she IS the only pony amongst them the town would believe has turn to their side, so the Pegasus agrees. Just as Twilight tells Fluttershy what to do, Starlight lets the Mane 6 out and the rest of the village surrounds them. Once they refuse the offer to join the village, the plan starts taking place.

“I’d like to join,” Fluttershy said, earning murmurs of excitement from the village.

“Fluttershy how could you?” Twilight gasps, pretending to be surprise by the action.

“If giving up my Cutie Mark means I get to stay in this lovely village with these lovely ponies, then I’ll do it,” explains Fluttershy, stepping up to Starlight.

Once the doors are closed, Twilight whispers, “All according to plan, now let’s just hope Fluttershy could get our Cutie Marks”

“There’s one more order of business,” the five ponies heard Starlight said, getting their attention back outside.

“It seems some in our midst might be dissatisfied with the village life!” announces Starlight, with the village gasping in shock.

“Unfortunately it’s all too true my friends,” Starlight then asks Fluttershy, “Will you kindly tell us the name of those friends whom so desperately missed their Cutie Marks that they would speak around in the shadows talking to strangers about it?”

“Just so we could be sure your intentions are, indeed, pure,” said Starlight.

Despite being very nervous and scared, Fluttershy comes up with an excuse saying she doesn’t know the villagers names and faces yet, but Starlight argues that those ponies asked her directly and tells Fluttershy to point them out.

Pinkamena looks around the villagers and spotted Sugar Belle, Party Favor, and Night Glider, all three of them looking very nervous since they know they’re those ponies. She felt a pang of sympathy towards them since they were most likely desperate to do their special talents again, even just a while, but they couldn’t.

“I-It was me!” Party Favor cries out, turning everyone’s attention to him as he said, “It was only me.”

Party Favor kneels before Starlight saying, “I only wanted it back for a little while.”

“And you’re quite certain it was only you?” asks Starlight.

“I just wanted to remember what it was like,” Party Favor admits sadly, confirming Pinkamena’s suspicions of those three ponies being desperate without their Cutie Marks.

“And no thought to the pain you’ve caused your friends?” Starlight asks again, making Party Favor drop to the ground in shame, “Such selfishness.”

The rest of the village surrounds the Stallion and directs him towards the cottage. Seeing that the door’s opening, the five ponies already inside moves away from the window so that Starlight doesn’t know they were listening.

“I’m sorry everypony,” apologizes Party Favor, “I never wanted to leave the village. I love all of” The door slams on his face before he could finish his sentence.

Banging his head at the door, causing his horn to implant into the thick wood, he said, “What was I thinking? I can’t believe I even considered asking for my Cutie Mark back…”

Pinkamena looks at Party Favor sadly, and knows without asking that no doubt Sugar Belle and Night Glider are feeling the same if they are in the same position as him.

“Don’t worry,” said Rainbow, “Fluttershy will have us out of here in no time.”

She soon had a face full of crazed Unicorn as Party Favor slid across the room. “Didn't you see what just happened out there? Your friend has accepted our way. You will all accept our way. It's only a matter of time!” With each sentence, he grew more frantic, as Applejack, Rainbow, and Twilight all backed cautiously away while Pinkamena watches in sympathy.

After a moment of freak out, Party Favor sighs and lies down at a corner.

“This guy’s a barrel of laughs,” Rainbow murmurs dully.

“Laughs don’t come in barrels,” Pinkamena said suddenly, “they come from inside you as your body’s response to delight.”

Pinkamena’s eyes open wide, and the other four Mares stare at her in shock, all five of them unable to believe what they just heard coming out of the pink pony’s mouth.

‘Geez, I’m starting to sound like how I was before the Sonic Rainboom,’ Pinkamena realizes.

“So what are we gonna do while Fluttershy’s out there looking for our,” Applejack starts before whispering, “Cutie Marks?”

“We have to stay as positive as we can,” said Twilight, “If Party Favor sees how much we really do like each other, even though we’re all different, maybe we can use him to spread our message to the rest of the village.”

The speaker then starts working again, playing those brainwashing words all over again.

“Let’s just hope they don’t convert any of us first,” Rarity said.

“Then why don’t we tell Party Favor over there about how great friends we are right now?” Rainbow asks.

“No,” Pinkamena said, making the four Mares look at her.

“Why not Pinkie?” asks Applejack.

Pinkamena sighs, not feeling comfortable being called ‘Pinkie’ without her other personality, before saying, “Just look at him, he’s depressed after giving himself up to get locked in here. I doubt he’s in the mood to listen about our relationship with one another.”

“I only did what I’d done to protect Sugar Belle and Night Glider,” Party Favor suddenly said.

Five blank expressions stared at him. “Can ya run through that again?” asks Applejack.

“Yeah, and who’s Night Glider?” asks Rainbow.

“I’m guessing she’s that Pegasus we saw together with Party Favor and Sugar Belle,” said Twilight.

Party Favor sighs. He slowly got back up and said, “I don’t want both Sugar Belle and Night Glider to go through this again. It’s bad enough they’ve experienced it when they first got here.”

“Experienced what darling?” asks Rarity.

“Misery,” Pinkamena said, walking up front of her friends, “I’m guessing everypony in the village had to be locked up in here before they got very desperate to get out.”

Party Favor nodded. “And being that desperate only make a pony say or do anything to be released.”

“Well that certainly is an odd way to join the society,” Rarity said while rubbing her chin.

“Well, yeah,” Party Favor sighs, “That’s the reason why Sugar Belle told all of you to go to her basement; she’s scared to admit how she truly feel out in the open knowing that it’ll only bring her back in the lockdown. In fact, that place has become hers, Night Glider’s, and mine’s hangout location whenever we just want to be with one another.”

“And just why is that the case?” asks Applejack.

“Because that’s the rule here. ‘All ponies are to be friends equally, none closer than others.’ That’s what they’ll say,” admits Party Favor, looking away slightly, “And I’ve been following that rule until I met Sugar Belle, and then Night Glider, the only ponies in the village I can truly call my friends.”

“Looks like he doesn’t need any convincing after all,” said Twilight, turning towards her friends, “He’s already understanding the true friendship we shared through his bond with Sugar Belle and Night Glider.”

“But then that means he can’t spread the message because those three ponies are as scared as a…a…” Applejack’s equal mark pulsed, “Confound it all!”

“Well I guess that plan won’t work,” said Rainbow, “Now what?”

“I suppose the only thing we can do is wait for Fluttershy,” said Rarity, “Though I still don’t understand something; if this town is all about being equal, then why is the village’s main focal point around one pony?”

“You might be on to something Rarity,” said Twilight, “Starlight Glimmer maybe the founder, but her leadership role seems to be going beyond ‘equal’. Plus, Night Glider did say Starlight specifically is the one to remove the Cutie Marks. Hmm.”

“Ya got something there, Twilight?” asks Applejack.

“I have my suspicions, but I can only be completely sure by observing Starlight closely,” said Twilight.

After that, the five Mares split up and settle down at a different part of the room to get some sleep since they are still pretty sleepy after having a hard time sleeping last night. Pinkamena decides to stay close to Party Favor just in case the Stallion’s having another nervous breakdown. For some reason, Pinkamena feels like she should stay close to him, which is the same feeling she always felt with Pinkie.

Pinkamena decides to rest her eyes for a bit, until tapping noise from outside woke her up. When she opens her eyes, she noticed Party Favor nearby also awoken by the noise.

“Psst…Party Favor,” a familiar voice calls out from one of the nearby side windows.

“Sugar Belle?” Party Favor got up and walk towards the window, sure enough finding Sugar Belle on the other side, “What are you doing here? You’ll get in trouble if anyone finds you here.”

“Don’t worry, Night Glider’s on lookout and she’ll tell me if anypony might be on to us,” Sugar Belle reassures, “Why in the world would you give yourself up like that? You got us worried.”

“I’m sorry,” Party Favor apologizes, “but it’s either one of us or all of us, and I’d prefer it if it was me alone in here instead.”

“You’re not really alone you know,” Pinkamena said, deciding now’s the time to reveal herself.

“Oh Pinkie,” gasps Sugar Belle, “I guess I woke you up. Are you-?”

“Relax, the others are still asleep,” reassures Pinkamena, making Sugar Belle sigh in relief, “But I got to agree with Party Favor, why are you out sneaking about right now?”

“Well…I was worried about Party Favor,” Sugar Belle said, “I mean, Night Glider’s worried too don’t get me wrong, but,” she sighs, looking at the ground.

“You see Pinkie,” Party Favor starts, getting Pinkamena’s attention, “Sugar Belle and I were friends for quite some time before we met Night Glider and found out she’s feeling just as depressed as we are without our Cutie Marks, so we decided that she’s a trustworthy friend in our eyes.”

“How did the two of you first saw one another as trustworthy friends? If you don’t mind me asking,” Pinkamena couldn’t help ask, curious to know a little bit more about the two ponies before her.

“Well,” Party Favor rubs behind his neck nervously, “let’s just say you and your friends aren’t the first I’ve seen getting their Cutie Marks forcefully removed.”

That got Pinkamena’s attention, noticing how Party Favor’s looking at Sugar Belle sadly. It took a while, but Pinkamena manages to put the pieces together and gasp, “Sugar Belle?”

Said Mare nods sadly, “When I first arrived here, I was actually running away from my old life without knowing where I was going. I got exhausted from lack of energy and collapse.”

“I found Sugar Belle just outside the town early that morning,” Party Favor said, “Most of the town was still asleep, plus there wasn’t that many of us back then. At first, I wanted to bring her to Starlight, but I decided that it’s better for her to recover first. So I took her to my cottage instead.”

“I’ve been recovering for a few days, helping Party Favor around the cottage after I got some energy back the following day,” said Sugar Belle, “I even used my special talent of baking to make some pastries as a thank you. But I guess I wasn’t very careful about it.”

“What do you mean?” asks Pinkamena.

“This town has been the same for so long, so even the smallest difference everyone can easily know about,” explains Party Favor, “and in that case, it was the smell of Sugar Belle’s baking.”

“Party Favor told me to hide, but Starlight eventually found me and took me to the vault,” said Sugar Belle before looking down slightly, “and I guess you know what happened next.”

Pinkamena nods, the memories of the Cutie Unmarking still fresh in her mind.

“Sugar Belle’s been in lockdown for a few days before she’s finally released,” said Party Favor, “She tried to keep a smile on her face, but eventually drops her mask whenever it’s only the two of us. Well, before Night Glider joined us anyway.”

“I’m sorry to hear that…” apologizes Pinkamena.

“Don’t be,” reassures Sugar Belle, “in fact, I really need to let it out.”

“By the way, thanks for stepping up for me earlier today Pinkie,” said Party Favor.

“…Huh?” Sugar Belle asks, not knowing what happened earlier today.

“Her friends were going to tell me stories about their friendship, but I was not in the mood since it’ll only make me feel worse,” admits Party Favor.

“It’s no problem,” said Pinkamena, “I know that after what had happened to you, the last thing you probably wanted to hear is something relating to friendship.”

“Do you think you can get out of here tomorrow?” Sugar Belle asks Party Favor.

“If I did persuade my way out of here, there is no way I can remain close to you or Night Glider, or else the town might find out about our little group,” said Party Favor, “If that happens, then the three of us would be put back in lockdown.”

“Then why don’t you stay close to Starlight instead?” suggests Pinkamena.

The other two ponies look at her before Party Favor said, “I… I guess that can work. After all, I’m pretty sure she wants me close just to make sure that I wouldn’t do any funny business that isn’t ‘equal’ in the town.”

“Good, then my plan can work,” Pinkamena said, earning two confused looks, “Twilight have a suspicion about Starlight, and the only way she can be sure is by observing Starlight closely.”

“I think I understand,” said Party Favor, “you want me to be that observer when they let me out.”

“Exactly,” Pinkamena nods, “we’re not sure if Fluttershy might find something, so it’s best if we have somepony else helping out with the observation.”

“But if they let Party Favor out, Starlight might find out immediately something’s up if he starts to act differently,” Sugar Belle points out.

“Then he just have to behave like everyone else in the town,” said Pinkamena, “We were going to tell him about our friendship before knowing that it’s not necessary, so I think Party Favor should tell Starlight we’ve tried and failed.”

“That…is a great idea,” said Party Favor before noticing something, “Um Pinkie, what’s that sticking out of your mane?”

Pinkamena lifts a hoof up and feels something cylinder in her mane. Realizing what it is, Pinkamena removes it, causing the poof-y mane on her head to turn flat and hang on one side of her face. The sudden change of mane style causes both Sugar Belle and Party Favor to gasp.

“I guess it’s only a matter of time before this happens,” Pinkamena said, pulling another one from her tail, causing it to turn flat too, “I’ve been keeping these on for two days without re-fixing them after all.”

“Uh Pinkie,” Pinkamena turns to notice the two Unicorns are staring at her.

“Oh right, this is the first time you’ve seen me like this,” realizes Pinkamena, “You see my mane reflects my personality; it’s bouncy when I’m bouncy, and it’s flat when I’m not. When my Cutie Mark was removed, my bouncy personality was gone and my mane would have been straight if it wasn’t for these rollers.”

“But why would you want to leave them in your mane,” asks Sugar Belle, “I mean, if you hadn’t then it’ll be easier for other ponies to know how you feel without telling them.”

“W-Well…” Pinkamena feels uncomfortable, remembering the first time she’s in full control of the body since the Rainboom, “The first time my mane had been straight in front of my friends, they weren’t very comfortable with it, especially Rainbow Dash.”

Fixing her mane back up with the rollers, Pinkamena said, “So I decided to use these rollers to keep them poof-y whenever I’m with my friends. I maybe a bit uncomfortable with it, but I don’t mind that much since my poof-y mane actually helps remind me of the good times I’ve had when I’m happy.”

‘And it reminds me of Pinkie’s bubbly antics that made me smile,’ Pinkamena adds in her mind.

“The good times…” Both Party Favor and Sugar Belle look at their flanks sadly, just as Night Glider shows up.

“Sugar Belle, we’ve got to go,” the Pegasus whispers.

“Right,” Sugar Belle turn towards the two ponies in the cottage, “I’m glad you’re fine despite being locked up in there for us Party Favor, and Pinkie, “Sugar Belle gives a genuine smile towards the pink pony, “thanks for the talk.”

With that, both Night Glider and Sugar Belle quickly head back to their cottages while Pinkamena and Party Favor lies back down to make it look like they’ve been sleeping the whole time.

“Pinkie,” Party Favor calls out, getting Pinkamena’s attention, “…Will Starlight believes if I pretend like I’m still converted?”

“Knowing how easily she accepted Fluttershy, I’d say so,” Pinkamena replies.

There’s a moment of silence before Party Favor said, “I’ll do it. I’ll observe Starlight closely once I’m out of here.”

“Good,” and with that, the two ponies settled in for the night.

/

After knowing the truth about Starlight, the town’s ponies got their Cutie Marks back from the vault. Party Favor, Sugar Belle, Night Glider, and Double Diamond helped the Mane 6 get theirs back from Starlight, who ran away with them after her cover’s blown. Starlight managed to get away in the end, but at least the four ponies managed to get the six Cutie Marks back to their rightful owners.

“It’s great to have you back Pinkie,” Pinkamena said now no longer in control of the body.

“It’s great to be back,” Pinkie whispers so that her friends didn’t hear her, just as the Mane 6’s Cutie Marks vibrate like what happened back at the castle.

“Ah’ll nev’r get used to that.” Applejack admits.

“I think it’s divine,” Rarity said.

Twilight then tells them that this might means their work at the town is done, and that she can spread the message of Friendship better with help from her friends. The Mane 6 got into a group hug, with Pinkamena looking at the town sadly.

Pinkie noticed this and said, “This feels like an ending. It doesn’t have to be an ending yet right? ‘Cos that Sugar Belle can ba-a-ake!”

“Maybe we can stay a little while longer,” Twilight said, heading back into the town, “Come on.”

After separating herself from the rest of the Mane 6, Pinkie suggests, “Why don’t you take over Pinkamena?”

“R-Really?” Pinkamena gasps.

Pinkie nods, “It’s only fair since YOU were the ones to get to know Sugar Belle and Party Favor, not me.”

There’s a moment of silence before Pinkamena nods in agreement. Pinkie smiles as she and Pinkamena switch control of their shared body. But since the rollers are still in the mane and tail, they remain bouncy as if the change hadn’t happened. Now that she’s in full control, Pinkamena walks around trying to find the two ponies she wanted to see again.

“Pinkie, over here!” a voice calls out from the distance.

Pinkamena looks up ahead and spotted Sugar Belle standing before the large table in front of her cottage that’s filled with variety of pastries, with Party Favor nearby making balloon animals for the young Fillies and Colts. Smiling, Pinkamena head towards the two of them and takes a bite from an EDIBLE muffin on the table Sugar Belle offered to her.

“Wow, this is WAY better than those muffins you last made,” Pinkamena said, taking another bite of the muffin.

“Thanks,” Sugar Belle said, “I’m still a bit rusty after not having my Special Talent for so long, but all that matters is that I don’t have to make those disgusting muffins again.”

“Hear, hear,” Party Favor gives a Filly a balloon cat before looking at Pinkamena, “I’m also still a bit rusty with my talent, but I have to say that my first party planned since getting it back is definitely one I enjoyed.”

“I’m glad the two of you are seeing the bright side of being yourself,” Pinkamena said.

Both Party Favor and Sugar Belle look at one another before the Mare said, “We should thank you for helping us remember that.”

Pinkamena gasps, just as Party Favor said, “She’s right you know. When you told us that you’d always remember the good times you’d had back in the lockdown, it got us thinking about OUR good times with our talents.”

“Not to mention when you were listening to me telling you my backstory on how I got here actually lifts a burden I didn’t realize I was carrying from my past,” Sugar Belle said.

“Same here for me,” Party Favor said, “I’ve been feeling very guilty since that day, but reliving it actually helped me feel a bit better with myself.”

“I-It was nothing,” Pinkamena blush slightly from the compliment, ”You guys look like you needed somepony to listen in on your problems, and I was just willing to be that pony.”

The two Unicorns smile before the three of them enjoy themselves at the party. Unfortunately every good time has to come to an end as the Mane 6 are getting ready to head back home.

Pinkie, whom was in control at the time, gives a small card containing her address in Ponyville so that Sugar Belle and Party Favor could write to her anytime they want. Well, Pinkamena would write to them since Pinkie DID give the address for that one reason.

“You know you didn’t really have to do what you’d did back there Pinkie,” Pinkamena said as the train the Mane 6 are on travels back to Ponyville.

“I know,” Pinkie yawns, “but I want to. After all, Sugar Belle and Party Favor are the first ponies you’d met and considered friends while being in control. Although they did only know you through my name, it still counts in my book.”

Pinkamena had to admit, Pinkie’s right. As the more bubbly personality falls asleep to join the rest of the Mane 6 in dreamland, Pinkamena looks outside the train as the moon gleams with the stars.

“…My first pony friends huh?”

A small smile appears on Pinkamena’s face as that piece of information fully sinks into her.

Author's Note:

This sure took a while to finish, and I'm sorry if the ending isn't that good.

Anyway, the next chapter will not set in an episode like the first three. In fact, the next chapter's the reason why this story's a chaptered one instead of how I'd originally planned it to be.

Until then, see ya!