• Published 11th Sep 2016
  • 293 Views, 0 Comments

The Machine Factory - BlazingLight



Taylor and Elena go into the work force of The Machine Factory and try to find the truth behind it's closed doors.

  • ...
 0
 293

Unusual Days

You ever go to school and just look around at how people seem different to you? It makes you think that you could make a day yours, by making things seem quite unusual. That's how I felt after what I went through.

My name is Taylor. I know I might seem like the typical high school nerd, or whatever, but I really just spend a lot of my time playing video games at home.

So I was spending time with my friend Elena, and we decided to go walk around the school for a bit. We wanted to walk to the gym first and watch the girls practice for the upcoming basketball tournament this month. I heard that they won't be back for a whole month because the teams all play in a stadium far away, so the girls get to skip out on school for a whole month.

After about an hour went by watching, we decided to run over to our school's lobby and open up some snacks that we brought from home. Once we sat down and started to open them from our bags, we saw someone walking up to us with their hoodie up so we couldn't see their face. Though I do remember seeing that she had some red hair dyed in and then all of a sudden...

We just blacked out in that second, and the next thing I know, I woke up in a dark room. Not tied to anything. No lights, and no memory of what happened.

"Ugh... My head..." I said, opening my eyes. Whatever happened to me? I wouldn't be able to figure that out, but all I know, was that I was in a dark room, and I couldn't find the door out. "Where am I?" Honestly, I can't even understand how I got here in the first place.

I managed to find the wall without tripping over anything and I kept following it, eventually finding a door. I opened it and walked out, dazed by the light sweeping into the dark room I was placed suddenly. i looked around and on me. I was wearing a white lab coat instead of my normal clothes. Instead of waking inside a small building, I looked down to the ground and found a ton of machinery.

What I woke up in was a big factory. Making what seemed like just everyday items to makes people's lives more simple and many more items I wouldn't recognize. Steam arose from the machines below and I started coughing at the fumes flowing through the air around me.

Then the odd part was when I saw the walls. The walls looked like they were either made out of cloud, or just built in cloud shaped. "First, a factory to look like it's made out of clouds. What's next, people that can fly?" And as I said that, a blue skinned person zipped by me and flew straight into the air.

I gazed at the flying person as they slowly turned and landed softly in front of me. The person was a light blue skinned, rosy eyed and rainbow haired hair. "Howdy!" she says at me, with a hand to her chest and a boastful smile. "My name's Rainbow Dash. Head of this factory. I was wondering where you went to. I want you to come to my office. Your friend is waiting for you there."

She grabs my hand and starts running up some stairs and into a small room with two chairs, and a desk behind them. One of them had Elena sitting in one of them and she turns around at me. "Taylor!" She jumps up and runs to me with a power hug. Rainbow Dash steps aside from us and sits down in the chair behind the desk.

"So, I bet you two are wondering why you're here. Well, I found out that you two would be really helpful in helping out my home with certain things to make things much more easier here. I'm sure you two also learned that we here can fly without a plane or something. My race in my home is able to fly without that, so we won't be making those things. It makes a bad statement on our flight school here."

"Anyways, I digress. I just wanted to help you two take a small tour of our factory and I'll help you get to your rooms." Rainbow Dash sets her hand on a PA button and an spoke into the microphone. "Attention worker! We have two new recruits from the outside that volunteered to work at our new Machine Factory! Please give Elena and Taylor a nice welcome to the factory." Then she let go of it and it clicked off.

I walk toward the desk in a bit of anger. "Now wait a minute! What made you say that we volunteered to work here?!" Elena gasps in shock at my sudden outburst. Rainbow Dash reaches into her desk and pulls out two pieces of paper. "It's all right here in this contract and waiver form. You both signed one freely and with full acceptance of the circumstances."

"And those are?!" I raised my voice louder to a yell. Rainbow Dash pulled out a video feed of me on the screen and it showed me talking to Rainbow Dash.

"You need to know that when you work here, you are going to have to live here for the rest of your life. Your parents at home all accepted the situation and will give consent for you to work here with me. All I need now is your approval and we can get to work soon." The Rainbow Dash on the video feed handed me a paper and I just started signing it, and when I finished, a person from the side hands me a lab coat with my name and the factory logo on it. "Welcome to the factory Taylor." Rainbow Dash said on the feed and then it clicked out.

"You see, you both approved yourselves to live here and work here. Don't worry about payment. Since you aren't allowed to leave, you can be payed in the smiles of our customers." Then she smiles at me, and two buff people dressed like guards approach us and escort us out of the room. I looked behind me before I left the room and Rainbow Dash waved us goodbye.

"Welcome to the factory, Taylor and Elena."