• Published 11th Jun 2012
  • 1,990 Views, 5 Comments

The Rainbow Factory: Questionable Ethics - analhitler



Thought of this while listening to The Rainbo Factory PMV. The Rainbow Factory gets raided.

  • ...
7
 5
 1,990

The Pegasus Device

I walked through the door into a service shaft. It was a narrow corridor, dimly lit with red warning lights. About 100 metres up it cut off into a series of catwalks overhanging the Factory machines. I walked up to the catwalks and looked over the edge. A veil of steam blanketed most of the big chamber, but he could see lights, glowing through the vapor. I could hear clanks and bangs as the machinery went to work. It appeared the Factory had it's own power source. I saw a maintenance ladder and climbed down, wary of any enemies I might find. I knew that the soldiers had taken the Loading Bay, but as to whether they'd managed to access the Factory was a mystery. It was my only chance.
As I walked around on the floor I looked at the mysterious Factory. There was a conveyor belt carrying a glowing liquid, that was hammered into bight strips of all colours, almost like neon. There were clicks and ticks and tocks as clockwork around me transported carts carrying vats of liquid, or what he thought might be bodies.He watched as a tube dispensed some of the liquid onto a conveyor belt, carrying it away. The tubes were connected to big round chambers.
He looked into the window of one and saw a room. There was a person in there, surrounded by drawing supplies. I watched as his pencil broke and he looked around the room for another, or a sharpener. He saw a door in the wall and walked over. The door closed and I could hear a scream.
I started walking away from the room at once. I looked around for any sign that an exit may be near. All I saw was an elevated platform to my right. Two figures in lab coats and wearing goggles were there. I waved at them.
'HEY! Help me! Soldiers have attacked the Factory! We need to escape!' I yelled. One appeared to spot me and tapped his friend on the shoulder and pointed at me. One of them started to run over to the control panel. Just then, he of them slipped, falling on the control panel. A mechanical arm whirred around and smacked one of them in the face, and grabbed the other.
'No no no! Help me! Oh god no!' he screamed as the arm deposited him in a circular room.
I sprinted up to the platform to see if the scientist was okay, but to my dismay the only person who I'd seen was dead. I walked past him to the control panel and looked for any buttons that appeared to be something like-
'EMERGENCY EXIT!' I yelped as I saw the button right there i plain view. I pressed the button and a path of lights illuminated the ground a bit to my left. I started walking down the path.
When I got there the door was blocked with rubble from a collapsed chamber, the only available path being an elevator shaft that was empty of anything remotely like an elevator. I turned and faced the giant machine at the centre of the building, marked with metre high letters proudly stating 'PEGASUS'. I thought of why the hell the soldiers would come here, and raid the place. What were they, some sort of underground cult?
Wait a second.. I thought
Underground? I thought as I glanced at the elevator shaft.
That's It! I'll take the tunnel passageways out of here! I thought as I started to climb down into the bowels of The Rainbow Factory.