• Published 11th Mar 2016
  • 909 Views, 7 Comments

My Princess - EbonyPony



Rarity is a princess, looking for a stalloin. Applejack shows her that some rules shouldn't be followed.

  • ...
4
 7
 909

The Letter

"Mail's here!" Apple Bloom yelled from inside the barn. Applejack became giddy with excitement. Could it be Goldie Delicious? she wondered. Goldie was always sending little trinkets from her over-stuffed house. They were always the funniest little things.

"What'd we get?" Applejack asked, breathing semi-hard from running to the barn so fast.

"Oh my...Princess?" Granny Smith said, stopping at a crème colored envelope.

"What is it?" Apple Bloom squealed. She was obsessed with the princess, and wanted to meet her terribly.

"By order of the Royal Guard, and Her Highness, Princess Rarity, the Land of Equestria will be holding a Royal Ball. All mares and stallions in the land are requested to attend, if they see it fit, as Princess Rarity will select an eligible bachelor to wed at the ball. The ball will be held on March 17, and will begin promptly at seven 'o'clock.

Thank you for your time.

The Royal Adviser,

Celestia" Granny read. Applejack was taken aback. The princess is going to be married? She would never admit it, but she had always had the tiniest little crush on the princess. Apparently, it ran in the family.

"OHHHHHH! Big Mac! you could get married to the princess! And ten she and I would be SISTERS!!!" Apple Bloom squealed.

Big McIntosh blushed until his cheeks were darker than his crimson coat. "Ah, yyep," he uttered softly.

"Can we go Granny? Can we, PLEASE?" Apple Bloom begged.

"Well, I suppose if y'all get all yer jobs done, and can find some decent clothes, then I don't see why not," Granny said, a smile growing on her face.

"YAY!!!!!!" Apple Bloom yelled, running towards the orchard. "I'll start buckin' right now so I'll be ready when the ball gets closer!"

"Not so fast, sugarcube," Applejack yelled. "I got the buckin' under control. You need to start paintin' the flower pots like you told me you were gonna do, alright?"

"Alright sis."

As AJ started to work, she couldn't help but notice that she didn't really want to get her jobs done. She really didn't want to see her childhood crush get married to some prissy noblepony.

Author's Note:

Hey, I know these chapters are super short, and I'm really sorry. This is my first fanfiction and I'm still not very good at writing lots of descriptive language. :derpytongue2:
Thanks for sticking with it!
Stay beautiful!
~EP