• Published 13th Dec 2015
  • 248 Views, 0 Comments

My Little Pony: Winter Adventure Stories - TeddyCK



Five frosty, chilly chapters that feature the My Little Pony gang spending winter in the most exciting tales possibly to ever tell. Find out where Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash get to know all about the Frost Bite Valley legend and so many jolly parts.

  • ...
 0
 248

Chapter 1-Frost Bite

Winter had come to the land of Equestria. Everypony was excited and trying to figure out how they were going to be spending the holiday break. The Mane Six, along with Spike the baby dragon, already knew what they would be doing. When Autumn arrived, it was announced that Princess Twilight had to oversee the annual Winter Equestria Games that was to take place in the Frost Bite Valleys. This gave her friends the idea that they should spend the first part of the break there by the ski lodge and also take a look at the game.

On the train ride over to Frost Bite Valleys, everypony's excitement grew and grew. They were all looking forward to doing some skiing and the day of the tournament games. Except for Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. Pinkie was only looking forward to doing some ice skating. Rainbow was only interested with some snowboarding.

"Sounds as though you two will be by yourselves for this trip." said Applejack

"Actually," said Rainbow Dash. "Pinkie and I are planning to do that for the whole trip."

"You mean you two aren't coming to see the games?!" puzzled Twilight

"The games are something everypony has already seen." exclaimed Rainbow "I've got something even way more exciting planned for Pinkie and I that'll be better than the Winter Equestria Games."

"Like what?" asked Fluttershy

"Rainbow has been telling me about this awesome area in the Frost Bite Valleys that's just perfect for snowboarding and ice skating." answered Pinkie "It's called the Blizzard Night Zone! Sounds like the place for thrills doesn't it, but a little creepy-sounding."

Twilight was in shock!

"You can't go there!" she protested.

"Why ever not, Twilight?" asked Pinkie

"It's not like that place is restricted." complained Rainbow

"It is restricted!" went on Twilight. "Blizzard Night Zone does have these unique parts to snowboard and ice skate but has been closed off for some time."

"Whatever made ponies want to do that?" asked Rarity

"Too many recent avalanche sightings and blizzards happening in the night." exclaimed Twilight "It's unsafe to be there!"

"One of those last parts must explain why that area has the name 'Blizzard Night Zone.'" said Pinkie

"Those all sound like silly reasons to me." snorted Rainbow.

"Well, there is one reason that I have found silly to why they had to shut down that area." continued Twilight. "The reason why that Valley has the name Frost Bite to it, is legendary. Frost Bite is the name of this pony from a long time ago who got lost up in the Blizzard Night Zone and was never heard from again. But many years later, ponies hear of some kind of a monster covered in snow and icicles that bites lost travelers on the ears, cheeks, and muzzles which turns them into ice. Those legends may sound a little realistic in some places, but I know something that sounds fake when I read about it."

"Should we not go anymore, Rainbow?" asked Pinkie "We don't want to be like those ponies who were never heard from again, right."

"Are you kidding?!" said Rainbow "Exploring Blizzard Night Zone has not only become an exploration, but a adventure!"

"Then I might as well come in case you run into Frost Bite and need my help." said Pinkie

"We'd better talk them out of it." said Applejack "We don't want them to get into trouble for exploring restricted routes."

"Let them do what they want." said Twilight "For what I've known, when Rainbow Dash makes up her mind about something and with Pinkie on her side, there's no stopping those two."

"I just hope you're right about the Frost Bite monster legend being a fake." said Spike

After a few hours, the train soon reached Frost Bite Valleys. Everypony got off at the station, and went to go settle down at the ski lodge where it was nice and toasty.

Several days later, on the day of the Winter Equestria Games, Rainbow and Pinkie headed off to Blizzard Night Zone, taking along with them, their snowboards and ice skates. They soon arrived at a part of the woods that had a path blocked with chains and a sign that said, "Do Not Enter."

"This must be the place." said Pinkie

"Let's fasten our seat belts!" chuckled Rainbow "We're going to be in one heck of a ride."

"But how can we fasten seat belts while we get to play in the snow?" asked Pinkie

As Pinkie and Rainbow went deeper into the Blizzard Night Zone, they ran into problems in no time at all. Most of the paths they were coming across had been blocked by avalanches. This made Rainbow have to fly up towards the trees to look for shortcuts and any other possible way around the blockages. It took a while, but it wasn't long until they reached the part of the area with all the ice skating rinks and snowboarding drifts. The two had a wonderful day, but had so much fun that they forgot to watch the time. By the time they decided to check, it was very late int he evening.

"We must have spent the whole day here!" cried Pinkie

"It's a shame that fun times can't last forever." said Rainbow "Now we'd better head back fast before we run into Frost Bite."

"Don't worry, Rainbow," said Pinkie. "Twilight said that there's no such thing as Frost Bite."

"You never know." teased Rainbow.

As soon as Rainbow and Pinkie started on their way back, it became very dark. To add to that, a fierce snow storm came in. Rainbow had no fear over it, but Pinkie began to get a little worried.

"Rainbow, are you sure this is the way we came from?" asked Pinkie. "Because I don't think none of this looks familiar."

"Nothing to fear, Pinkie," huffed Rainbow nervously. "It's not like we've been going around in circles."

"Well, I do know that we've been passing around that same fallen tree over there about three times by now." replied Pinkie.

"I'd better fly up to the top of the trees again." sighed Rainbow.

But the wind was blowing so fiercely, that Rainbow found out in an instant that she couldn't.

"Crud!" grumbled Rainbow.

"Looks like we'll have to find a new way back by hoofing it." said Pinkie "But we'd better make it back fast, I don't want Frost Bite turning us into ice sculptures."

"I'm just worried that we might have to spend the night out here until the morning comes." said Rainbow nervously. "By the time we get back to the ski lodge, everypony will be so upset with us."

Several minutes later, Rainbow and Pinkie decided to both face it. They were truly lost and had to find shelter quickly before they started sneezing like crazy.

"I don't we'll be able to find a cabin or any kind of shelter in this part of the woods." said Pinkie "This place is restricted, remember, no pony lives here."

"At least there's that cave over there." said Rainbow as she pointed out to where it was.

"I suppose that will work just fine." responded Pinkie. "As long as there are no animals already living there."

Pinkie and Rainbow were soon out of the storm and resting inside the cave. They built a campfire and began warming themselves up around it. They grew so warm in such a long while, that they were just about to doze off, when the campfire blew out!

"Oh, darn it!" muttered Rainbow. "It took me a while to get that started."

"It wouldn't have happened if you hadn't built it so close to the opening of the cave." said Pinkie

"But we're nowhere near the cave." complained Rainbow. "If the campfire were to blow out right about now, that frosty wind would've had to come someplace from inside the cave..."

Rainbow and Pinkie looked deeper into the interiors of the cave. Next, they heard a chilly, spooky voice.

"Who goes there?" said the voice.

Rainbow and Pinkie jumped but plucked up courage.

"Let me do the talking here, Pinkie." said Rainbow nervously. "Uh, hi, we're a couple of travelers, we just got lost in that storm out there and were wondering if we could spend the night here until the morning comes."

"I'm afraid that is initially impossible." continued the voice. "Perhaps it would be better if I showed you lost travelers what I do to a bunch of intruders to my home."

Rainbow and Pinkie grew even more nervous once they heard that. They were full of fright once they began to hear clingy footsteps coming towards them. A shadow appeared that made the image of a pony covered in snow and icicles! Pinkie and Rainbow screamed, and ran out of the cave back into the storm! They ran and ran as the chilly, ghoulish laugh trailed after them. They never stopped running until they were able to find their way back to the ski lodge.

Next morning arrived, and everypony found out that Pinkie and Rainbow weren't in their bedrooms at the ski lodge. This meant that they hadn't arrived back from the Blizzard Night Zone, or so they thought. When Twilight and her friends traveled downstairs to the fireplace lobby, there they found two ponies, covered in snow and icicles which were melting away from their bodies since they were sitting beside the fire.

"That must explain why the floor is all wet." said Applejack

Then the ponies realized that the two ponies turned out to be Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie who were making faces which looked as though they got frozen with fright.

"It looks as though Frost Bite got them after all just by staying out in that storm all night." said Twilight sarcastically.

"The question is," said Spike. "How were they able to escape with their very own lives."

"It must have been horrible for them." put in Rarity.

"Frost Bite, he's after us." shivered Pinkie.

"That was no myth, Twilight." hissed Rainbow. "That was real."

"Um, can anypony seem to tell what exactly they are talking about?" asked Fluttershy.