• Published 12th Dec 2015
  • 511 Views, 0 Comments

The Missing Princess - PopsicleLove



Princess Celestia has gone missing for 13 years without a trace, and now, 13 years later, an odd villain has returned.

  • ...
 0
 511

Celestia's Grave

Author's Note:

You have to read the long description in order to understand this. :heart: Just so you know.

Mostly focuses on Twilight this chapter. Prepare for- Oh wait that's a spoiler never mind.:ajsmug:

Twilight Sparkle wandered sadly towards the princess's grave. Thirteen years with no trace of her. Not a sight seen by the guards, not a hoof on the ground. Princess Celestia's grave was very grand, with wilting flowers and new ones. It was built at the edge of a sturdy cliff, where the sun rose each morning. Princess Luna had to take on the responsibility of raising the sun each morning.

Princess Luna hardly ever got sleep now, she had to do her work in the night, raise the sun in the morning, and do all the royal responsibilities throughout the day.

Princess Celestia's grave was created from white marble, with a sun painted in the lower left corner.

Princess Celestia
Loving Sister and Princess of Equestria
The Greatest Teacher of Equestria
Loved by All
We all live for the hope that Princess Celestia has only lost her way and will return home soon.
We wait for the day she comes back.
Missing: 13 years ago

The grave had been enchanted to change each year. The grave was covered in yellow roses, with the occasional red one from the Princess of the Night. Yellow roses had been Celestia's favorite flower.

Twilight Sparkle lit her horn to grab a bundle of yellow roses from her satchel, and then she laid them on the grave. There was six in total, one from each of her friends.

Today was Twilight's birthday, and as she had done for the past thirteen years, she brought this bundle of flowers. Twilight turned away sadly before she started to cry.


Twilight heard fussing around when she returned to her castle. She tilted her head and scrunched up her nose. What was happening in there?
"She's HERE already!" hissed a quiet voice that could only belong to one unicorn. Rarity.
"We know that, that's why we need Pinkie Pie to hurry UP!" hissed back another voice, this one raspy. Twilight rolled her eyes. Definitely Rainbow Dash.
"Rainbow, it's not her fault that-"
"I'm here!" Twilight declared. Titters and muffled words got louder and more apparent. It was all mostly, hurry up, and I told you so. Twilight slowly creaked open the large door. Then she heard Pinkie Pie's giggly voice.

"OOOH! I'M HEEEEEEEEEEEEERRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" she shouted. "OH! SHE IS TOO! ONE SECOND DASHIE!"

The door was halfway open. Twilight saw her friends and then she heard a cannon blow and the door slammed from the force. Twilight just opened the door now.
"Happy birthday Twilight!" shouted her friends. The party cannon had decorated her whole room. Twilight managed a smile.
"Thanks... guys." she said.
"Since it's your 21st today, we couldn't just do nothing!" Rarity exclaimed.
"First party in thirteen years!" Rainbow Dash whooped, showering her friend in confetti. Twilight brushed it out of her face.
"PARTY!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed. Twilight smiled weakly.
"Thanks guys." she said. They had never been away since the Celestia went missing. Ponyville had become grayer, Canterlot darker and more problematic...

Not only had the Princess of Sun gone missing, so had the Princess of Friendship.


After a couple hours of fake smiles, forced smiles, and weak smiles, Twilight headed to bed. But before heading in, she looked at her pictures.

The one when she had first learned about Friendship, with just the six of them. Rainbow Dash stepping on Twilight's head, Pinkie Pie leaning on top of Rarity (and Rarity reacted after the picture had been taken thank goodness), Fluttershy calmly on the grass, and Applejack just off to the side.

Then Pinkie Pie with her face smothered in buttercream pie, and Rarity looking disgusted while Rainbow Dash nudged Applejack, laughing, and Applejack was just giving a nervous smile.

Flip forward a couple years and Twilight saw pictures at the Funeral, and even Pinkie looked sad. Her hair was straight too. They were all wearing black, with Rarity wearing a Victorian style black and purple dress with a white handkerchief. Her mascara was running.

A sad attempt at a party, with Pinkie Pie disapproving of herself.

A couple more sad pictures, fake smiles disappearing and being replaced with frowns.

Twilight sighed as she put away the photo album and went to bed.


A pony awoke. It was unsure what happened. Who was it? What was it? Was it alive? Oh wait... memories flooded back. Parts of them anyways... She remembered. She was a she. She was a pony... an important pony...

A memory flashed... somepony was angry... she remembered... being... hit... by... by somepony... Who was that pony? The pony was too blurry. What was her name? Where was she?

The pony stood, but it took a couple tries. She stood bravely and tried to dig through the... substance around her... What was that? She raised a pale hoof. Dirt. Definitely dirt. She tried to dig her way out... but she was too hungry... too tired... too...

The world turned black around her as her eyes shut.