• Published 1st Jun 2012
  • 2,065 Views, 37 Comments

My Little Pony: Chaos in Equestria - Snake Staff



The power of Chaos comes to the peaceful land of Equestria. Can the princesses prevail?

  • ...
9
 37
 2,065

A Sunny Day in Ponyville

Four Months Earlier…

It was a day just like any other. Twilight had woken up early to peruse her books, greeted and fed Owlicious, and woken up Spike.

He had, as usual, resisted. "Uhhh… five more minutes mommy. Gotta… gotta… gotta rescue…"

"Spiiiike!" said Twilight with exasperation. "It's already 6:00 in the morning! That's five minutes past your usual get-up time! And that's 8 hours of sleep, three more than dragons your age need according to my copy of Caring for Your Dragon by Scaleside the Slightly Crisp! And furthermore, my own metabolic studies of dragons have conclusively shown- mmhp!"

Spike had reach out of bed and grabbed her mouth. He sighed. "You know what? I'd rather just get up and get to work than spend the next hour of my life hearing you lecture me on how I get too much sleep for my species." He yawned. "Just drop it and I'll get up now. Deal?"

Twilight nodded, and he released her.

"Alright then, rise and shine! We've got a busy day ahead of us! At 6:01, breakfast!" Twilight looked at her clock and let out a small shriek.

Spike rushed to her. "What? What is it? What's wrong?"

Twilight pointed a shaking hand at the clock.

Spike looked at it nonchalantly. "The clock looks fine to me."

"Not the clock! The time! We were supposed to be eating breakfast by 6:01! And it's… it's… 6:02!"

Twilight gave another small squeal. Spike simply looked at her, utterly deadpan. He then and wandered off to go find something to eat. Twilight, meanwhile, was frantically adjusting her schedule.

"If we take another minute to eat, we could be a minute late for the mailpony! Or, Celestia forbid, even two minutes late! Ok, so I've gotta make some time. But we don't have any! I scheduled everything today precisely to the minute! We don't have any time to spare! If we're late for the mailpony, I might not receive my package! Ok, so it says that they'll just drop it on my doorstep with no signature required, but how do I know that's true? And if I add in more time for the mailpony, I might be late for Rarity! But if I add time for her, I'll have to cut my reading time by a whole three minutes! And if I do that, I might miss a question on my upcoming exam! And if I do that, my A+ average is ruined! Ruined forever! What do I do! What do I do! What do I do!"

Spike simply munched on his Wheaties while Twilight drove herself insane over her schedule. Again.

After Twilight had finally managed to calm down (when she realized she could just knock 3 minutes off her sleep schedule that night to make up for lost reading), she went through her morning as normally as could be expected. She had received her package (a chemistry set piece she'd ordered), read her books, attended Rarity's spa appointment, helped Applejack mend her fence, eaten lunch, and loaned Fluttershy her book on the care and feeding of baby chimeras.

"Alright, check." She said happily, marking off her time with Fluttershy from her schedule. "Next is…" she took a look, "Trying Pinkie Pie's new cake recipe. Alright!"

Twilight trotted away from Fluttershy's cottage back into Ponyville proper. It didn't take her long at all to get to Mr. and Mrs. Cake's address, and in it, Pinkie Pie.

"Heya Twilight! What's up?" said Pinkie in her usual perky fashion the instant Twilight walked in the door. "Howya doing? Cause I'm doing great! I think I've finally got my new cake recipe down!" She bounded happily all over the room in her usual manner, blowing on a blower that she had somehow acquired from nowhere.

Twilight mentally shrugged. "Just Pinkie being Pinkie."

Aloud, she said. "Great! So, can I try it?"

Pinkie bounded over to her. "Of course silly! That's why I invited you over isn't it?"

"Great!" Twilight smiled, although she was less than enthusiastic – Pinkie's last try at this had contained so much sugar that she'd had to excuse herself to the little fillies room, where she'd promptly lost her lunch. "I do hope you've put a wee bit less sugar in it this time, though." She grinned nervously.

"Of course I have, silly! I remember the last one!"

Pinkie hummed cheerfully as she trotted into the kitchen, rapidly coming back with a fresh-baked cake in her hooves.

"Right here," she said, setting her new cake down on the counter. She rapidly cut a piece and handed it to Twilight. "Eat up!"

Twilight took the plate, somewhat more hesitantly than she'd intended.

"Well, bottoms up,"thought Twilight as she started to take a bite.

At that exact moment, there came a tremendous bang from another room. Twilight dropped the cake, startled.

"What was that?"

Pinkie shrugged. "Beats me. Hey, maybe it's someone new! I should throw them a party! But wait…"

"Finally, a dose of common sense. You don't throw a party for someone if they're breaking into your house at the time."

"I don't know their name! How can you throw someone a party if you don't know who they are? Ok I've done that before, but it was always more fun when I knew who I was celebrating!"

Twilight face-hoofed.

"Hey, new guy! What's your name? I need to throw you a party!" Pinkie said rather loudly as she rushed towards the source of the noise.

"No, Pinkie!" Twilight cried, but it was already too late. She struggled to get in behind the counter to follow.

Suddenly, there was a high-pitched scream. Just as suddenly, it was cut off, and there were sounds of struggle.

"Pinkie!" cried Twilight. She looked at the counter. "Ah hoof this!" She blasted the lock and door away with her magic.

"Sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Cake, but I'm kinda in the middle of an emergency here. My friend is in trouble!" Twilight thought as she ran towards the source of the scream.

Twilight burst into the kitchen. There stood perhaps the most unsettling pony she had ever seen. His coat was dyed a deep blue, but that wasn't what unnerved Twilight. Many ponies did that. What creeped her out was the way that the dyed coat looked somehow unnatural. Magical. But not the healthy, normal kind she used. Something clearly not normal. Looking into his coat, she could swear that she saw the ghosts of images dancing and heard the faintest of whispers.

"Mmmph!"

That snapped Twilight out of her study of this stallion's coat. Pinkie was lying on the ground, bound and gagged by some sort of multicolored energy.

"Hey!" Twilight said, shifting into a fighting stance. "You let my friend go right now!"

The stallion looked briefly down at Pinkie, then back at Twilight. "And why should I do that?"

"Because I'll beat you up if you don't! I've faced down Discord and Nightmare Moon! Whatever you are, you're nothing next to them! So let her go now!"

"Indeed? And you are so sure that you could, as you put it, 'beat me up'?"

"Well, I… errr…" Twilight had to admit that the pony's strangeness and total lack of fear was pretty unnerving. He simply smirked and raised an eyebrow. "Yes! Yes I am! Bring it on! I'm no startled victim for you to ambush! I'm Twilight Sparkle! Favorite student of Princess Celestia! Defeater of Discord and Nightmare Moon! Wielder of the Element of Magic!"

"Quite a list of accomplishments you've got there. Regardless," he brushed imaginary dust off his fur, "It matters not. I have no intention of facing you here. I'll leave that to the Blood God's brutes. I have what I came for." He nodded to Pinkie Pie. "The wielder of the Element of Laughter should make an excellent sacrifice to Lord Tzeentch."

"Blood God? Lord Tzeentch? Sacrifice? What in the hay are you talking about?"

He chuckled a bit. "Oh, you'll see soon enough, Twilight Sparkle." He mockingly bowed a bit. "I bid you adieu."

"No, wait! Stop!"

"Does anyone ever actually do that?"

The stallion and Pinkie Pie vanished in a crack of blue light and the smell of burnt food.

"Pinkie Pie, NO!" Twilight fell to her knees.

Even as she began sobbing, Twilight heard a voice from outside.

"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"