• Published 16th Oct 2015
  • 286 Views, 8 Comments

The Black Fog - mlprules537



The Black Fog used to be a pony but was were turned into fog and he resumed the name The Black Fog. He's a very dangerous villain who has the power to turn into a fog and no one can follow him in the sky. The Black Fog uses this for his own purposes.

  • ...
 8
 286

Chapter 9 The Black Fog's Backstory

Twilight and her friends walked solemnly through the twisting paths of her castle. Even the normally bouncing Pinkie Pie was trotting quietly along with the others. The six ponies entered a hallway with many doors and they soon came to a halt beside a very sterile looking white door. Twilight took a deep breath and with as much courage as she could muster, Twilight swung open the doors to the room where The Black Fog was staying. The Black Fog was staring at the wall blankly when Twilight abruptly opened the door and didn't look the least bit surprised that she had came in the room.

"What did Dummau do to you? Why did you and Icicle accept our help so easily? Why did you kill Spike?" Twilight blurted out demandingly.

"I should have known you would have asked me these questions sooner or later....." Black sighed unhappily. "The best way to answer your questions is for me to tell you my backstory." Twilight looked surprised by this suggestion, but nodded her head indicating for Black to start. Black took a deep breath and started. "Well, when I was a young stallion, I was trotting through a small stretch of the Everfree Forest....."

~*~

A young stallion slowly walked through a meadow and as he made it to the top of the rise his shimmering gold eyes caught the sunlight and his dark chestnut fur glimmered. When he looked at you his gaze felt warm and happy. He could see a small area of the Everfree Forest looming a few yards of in front of himself. He shivered in fear of the animals that lived there. But the stallion knew he was in to big a hurry to go around the outskirts of the area that stretched away from the rest of the Everfree Forest. In a heartbeat he decided to go straight through stretch of land so that he could go to where he needed quicker. He took a deep breath and warily walked into the shadows of the ugly trees. The stallion tried to keep away from the long grasses that were soaked in dew but failed and he shivered with cold as they brushed against his coat, soaking him. Soon the stallion thought he saw the end of the trees, but to his disappointment it was just a small clearing with a sickly fungus that seemed to give off its own light.

"Hello," a sinister voice murmured.

"Who are you?" the stallion asked shakily. Then he saw the silhouette of a muscular stallion, with piercing ice-blue eyes were the only things the chestnut stallion could make out.

"Hello Sunny Sky," the strange stallion whispered menacingly.

"How do you know my name?" Sunny Sky whispered back.

"Because," the stallion told Sunny raising his voice, "I have been watching you." The stallion swept on ignoring Sunny's gasp of fear. "You could prove.... useful, to me," the stallion hissed, showing his mangled teeth at Sunny. Then the stallion brushed some leaf mulch away from the ground under his hoof and uncover a red button. Sunny, who was frozen in fear, didn't have time to move and a net fell on top of him and forced him to the ground. When Sunny was flat on the ground, the stallion pushed the button again, except this time the net formed a circle around Sunny and lifted him seven feet of the ground and at the same time, electricuting him. When the net had successfully lifted Sunny of the ground, with him inside it, he suddenly felt a dull ache in his head which in a few seconds, had heightened to a frightful pain. Sunny screamed in agony as felt something changing inside himself. He looked at his hooves and realized that he could see his blood vessels more clearly than before. Then through all of his pain and shock, passed out.

~ Four Hours Later ~

Sunny felt himself waking up and through a haze of pain, opened his eyes. He was greeted with a bright light two feet above his head and what he thought was restraints keeping him stuck to a table. With a feeling of dread he recognized the table as a surgical table. His stomach felt empty, confirming how much time had passed. Then Sunny Sky felt a jolt of fear as he saw the strange stallion sitting a few feet away, watching him intently.

"Who are you?" Sunny whispered in a scared tone.

"Don't worry little pony," the stallion told him arrogantly, "I just need you for a certain.... experiment." Sunny's grew round with horror at the thoughts of what 'experiment' could mean for himself. He tried to no avail at tearing his hooves away from the restraints as the stallion came so close that Sunny could feel his breath on his cheek. "Remember this," the stallion whispered to Sunny as he picked up a syringe off of the table Sunny was on, "You will forever be a slave..... of Dummau. Your name and everything about will be about ME. You will be MY slave...... And your name, is The Black Fog...." With that, Dummau plunged the syringe deep into Sunny's flesh and you could hear his horrible tormented screech from a mile away. Then, blackness. It was comforting, Sunny thought. But the quiet didn't last long and when Sunny Sky woke up, he was horribly changed.....

~*~

Twilight and her friends jaws were gasp in fear and bewilderment when The Black Fog finished his complicated story about where he came from. Twilight herself had completely forgotten about her demand of 'Why did you kill Spike?'

"Also when I woke up I looked like this," Black added uncomfortably.

"But where were you going?" Fluttershy nervously asked. "You mentioned being in a hurry to go somewhere...." her voice quivered hoping he hadn't been going someplace bad.

"Oh..... um...." Black stuttered then let out a long sigh, "Before Dummau found me, I had been going to Ponyville....." his voice trailed of and his eyes glimmered sadly and tears threatened to overwhelm him. Fluttershy got up and sat down next to him and pressed herself against his still thin coat. "My only sibling had just gone missing and had been missing for a couple of weeks," Black said in between sobs quietly , so quietly only Fluttershy could hear him. Fluttershy's eyes grew round with shock.

"What was their name?" Fluttershy gently whispered to him.

"Her name?" Black asked as if he couldn't hear her. Fluttershy nodded concern shone brightly in her eyes. "Her name," he hiccuped, "was Scootaloo."