• Published 11th Oct 2015
  • 895 Views, 12 Comments

Equestria Girls: Waves - Deaku



There have been multiple magical incidents at Canterlot High, it attracted the Dazzlings as well as catching the attention of this world's Twilight Sparkle. Who else has took notice of the magical goings on at Caterlot High, and what do they want?

  • ...
4
 12
 895

Chapter 1

Equestria Girls: Waves
Chapter 01
By Deaku

Three girls in jeans and hoodies with the hoods pulled up were running through alleyways as fast as their feet could take them, behind them could be heard the angry shouting of a mass of people. The trio only stopped briefly to toss some showy outfits into a dumpster before they took off running again.

After several minutes more the girls could no longer hear the angry shouts behind them and finally stopped running, then either leaned against a wall or slumped to the ground to catch their breath. And while it seemed they had lost the angry mob the three still glanced around worriedly and jumped at every little sound.

“This is all your fault Adagio.” Aria growled as she glared at the orange-blonde girl.

“How is this my fault?” Adagio questioned, her tone threatening as she took a step towards Aria. “You failed to stop them too.”

“It was your plan so it’s your fault. You’re the one that wanted to go get that equestrian magic in the first place and manipulated everyone into that Battle of the Bands.” Aria closed the distance between Adagio and herself, getting right in her face. “If you had planned better we wouldn’t have lost. Maybe I should have been leading us instead.”

“You lead?! Ha!” Adagio scoffed “You didn’t even know it was equestrian magic in the first place! While I saw it for what it was, a chance to get out full powers back!”

“And look where that got us Adagio! We’ve lost everything!” Aria screamed; her voice was full of anger but a lot of despair was beginning to creep in as well. “Even having a little power was better than having none at all! What are we going to do now?!”

“We’re going to miss ‘All you can eat Pizza Friday’ now that’s for sure.” Sonata said sadly from where she was sitting on the ground. “I really wanted to try that taco pizza…”

For a moment Adagio and Aria just stared at Sonata, not quite believing that Sonata had passed by how dire their situation now was and instead was focusing on pizza of all things. Their looks of disbelief quickly turned to glares of anger.

“You have the scent of magic about you.” An echoing voice suddenly spoke, causing the trio to forget their anger and grab onto each other in fright. “Or perhaps it would be more accurate to say that you have a residual scent, like you had magic but now it’s gone.”

A dark figure stepped out of the shadows without making a sound. They were wearing a long black and green coat with a pulled up hood, a green scarf pulled up over the lower half of their face helped to completely hide their features from view.

“Who are you?!” Adagio demanded as Aria and Sonata hid behind her.

“If I were to guess…” The dark figure kept on talking as if Adagio hadn’t even said anything. “I’d say you three were causing trouble, maybe even using whatever powers you had to take things over. Then someone else stepped up, stopped you, and then blasted the magic right out of you.”

“Wow, that’s exactly what happened.” Sonata nodded, then looked at the others and smiled. “He totally nailed it right? Do you think he’s psychic?”

Adagio put a hand over Sonata’s mouth. “Look, I don’t know who you think you are and I don’t know how you know what you know, and honestly right now I don’t care. Unless you can get us our powers back we have no business with you.” She then grabbed Aria’s and Sonata’s hands and began walking away.

“Then perhaps we can make a deal after all.” The dark figure spoke again as Adagio continued dragging the other two down the alleyway. “If you do really want magic again that is.”

Adagio froze in her tracks. Aria and Sonata stared at her a moment before looking at each other and then glancing back at the dark figure still standing behind them.

*******

In the early morning the halls of Canterlot High were bustling with activity as students continued to arrive and prepared to start their school day. Some were going over notes and getting ready for classes, others were simply goofing off before class started, and there were quite a few simply trying to wake up completely before the bell rang.

Three girls made their way down the hall; one wore a leather jacket and had hair of red and gold, another was a blond wearing a cowboy hat while the last had glasses and her violet striped hair pulled up into a bun. The trio was weaving their way through their fellow students as they talked

“Everything is so much more busy here than it was over at Crystal Prep.” Twilight said as she quickly sidestepped another student, returning a wave before readjusting her glasses as she fell back into step with Sunset and Applejack. “I mean it was busy over at Crystal Prep as well when everybody was trying to get to class but there wasn’t this much social interaction; everyone there usually just stayed with certain groups while here at Canterlot everyone’s always mingling and doing different things with everybody. Not that that’s a bad thing, but it may take some time to get used to.”

“I’m sure you’ll get used to it before you know it.” Sunset put a hand on Twilight’s shoulder smiled reassuringly. “And remember we’ll be here for you in case you need any help.”

“That’s right Twilight, we’ll be here whenever you need us.” Applejack nodded. “And you won’t be the only one havin’ to get used to a new school, we’ll be havin’ quite a few new transfers here soon.”

“Thank you, I really appreciate it.” Twilight smiled, but then her expression switched to one of curiosity. “Why will there be a lot of new transfers here?”

“There was a big fire next town over, high school and some of the neighborhood around it burned down. Here’s where they’re sending some of the students.” Applejack told her. “It was all over the news, surprised you didn’t hear about it.”

“I do recall hearing something about a fire, I didn’t know it was that bad.” Twilight said as she thought back. “I guess I was just too wrapped up in my studies to pay attention to the what was going on elsewhere…”

“It’s okay Twilight, I know how it can be to get so wrapped up in your work that you forget about everything else.” Sunset told her with an understanding look. “Just think of all these new arrivals as a chance to make even more friends.”

“Speaking of new arrivals you sure were quick to volunteer to show new students around when you heard Principle Celestia say something about it.” Applejack quirked an eyebrow with a bit of a knowing smirk.

“Well you know I just wanted to make sure the new students feel welcome and that they know they have friends here.” Sunset said brightly but saw that Applejack was still giving her the look. “And try and head off any potential magical problems that come walking in through the door again.” She admitted.

“While that is a good plan and I can understand why you want to do it, what’re the odds another group of supernatural creatures is gonna come walking in the front door?” Applejack questioned.

“Supernatural creatures? Again?” Twilight inquired, a bit shocked. “I knew there was something strange going on here but was never able to get close enough to get a good look at anything until the Friendship Games the other day. Got a bit too close then…”

“It’s okay Twilight.” Applejack patted her on the shoulder. “This happened a little while back at the Battle of the Bands.”

“Long story short; three girls showed up that called themselves the Dazzlings, turned out they were supernatural creatures known as Sirens that had been banished from Equestria. They came to try and use our magic to get their full power back so that they could take over and used their powers to manipulate everyone to get what they wanted.” Sunset explained. “But in the end we beat them and destroyed the source of their power.”

“Wow… I didn’t even begin to guess that something like that was going on back when I was trying to figure out what was going on here.” Twilight made a thoughtful expression. “Maybe I could help you check for magic; I could make something that could scan for magic.” A nervous look appeared on her face. “But not like that thing I brought to the Friendship Games, no definitely not like that.” Twilight said quickly. “More like the one I made before that, a device that just took readings. Maybe I could improve on that design without things going so wrong like last time.”

“That sounds like a great plan Twilight. Maybe I could help you work on that, I’m sure between the two of us we can make a device that’ll pick up any magic that comes to the school.” Sunset grinned, but then noticed a group of unfamiliar faces. “And that must be the must be the first group of new arrivals I’m supposed to show around.”

There were four of them, three girls and a boy, they were standing to the side of the hall watching the other students go by going through their normal morning routines, with only the occasional curious glance towards the new kids.

Sunset slowed her pace to study them a bit before introducing herself. They all had to be related somehow was the first thought that entered her mind, she thought the four just looked too similar not to be. They all had green skin, though one of the girls stood out a bit from the others as her skin was a darker green while the others were very light. They all had black hair as well but two of the girls had streaks of another color in their bangs. One girl had shoulder length hair and was wearing nearly all black; exceptions being the green straps on her boots and a belt, as well as a flaming wing design on her sleeveless top. The next girl had long hair with a reddish-orange streak in her bangs, she was wearing jeans and a green shirt along with a red jacket. The boy was also wearing all black except for his green shoes and designs on his pants that reminded Sunset of dragons, he also had very noticeable scars on his cheek. The darker green girl had a green streak in her bangs and was wearing a green sweater along with a black skirt that had red and purple strips that matched her boots.

“Good luck with the tour Sunset.” Applejack patted her on the back. “As for me and Twilight I think we’d better get Rainbow to stop that and head for class before she’s late again because she’s trying to break her record.”

Applejack motioned ahead of them, quite a ways down the hall Rainbow Dash could be seen juggling a soccer ball. Rainbow Dash was so focused on what she was doing she didn’t even notice the other students giving her a wide berth so that they wouldn’t accidentally get kicked or hit by the ball as she focused on keeping it from hitting the ground.

“See you two at lunch.” Sunset gave a brief wave as the other two girls continued down the hall then started to approach the new students. As she got closer she was able to hear what they were saying.

“A new high school, just great…” The girl in black gave an annoyed sigh as she looked around. “Is anyone else creeped out by the fact that absolutely everyone here is smiling?”

“Look at that rainbow-haired girl over there showing off, I bet I could beat her.” The girl in the red jacket said as she stared determinedly down the hall at Rainbow Dash.

“Nova.” The boy began; his voice was calm but had a hint of exasperation in it. “We’ve been here ten minutes, you shouldn’t be making a scene and challenging people already.”

The girl with the green streak in her hair gave a small gasp and grabbed the boy’s arm and she scooted a bit closer to him. “Did that blue guy just wink at me?”

“Hi I’m Sunset Shimmer.” She gave her best friendly smile as she introduced herself. “Principle Celestia sent me to show you around the school.”

“Yeah she said she’d be sending someone.” The girl in black replied as the four turned their attention to Sunset. “Told us to cram our junk in our lockers and wait.”

“You’ll have to excuse her, she’s less than enthused about being here.” The girl in the red jacket told Sunset as the girl in black just rolled her eyes. “Anyway I’m Shining Nova, but you can just call me Nova, nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too Nova.”

“The grumpy one here is Firecracker.” Shining Nova waved a hand towards the girl in black, who gave her a dirty look.

Firecracker looked over Sunset for a moment. “Nice jacket.” She finally said in a cool tone.

“Thanks.” Sunset decided to take it as a compliment and smiled.

“Next up is Dragon.” Shining Nova patted the boy on the shoulder.

Dragon held out a hand and Sunset shook it. “They’re from an accident.” He told her as she was staring at his face.

“What?” Sunset was a bit taken aback at the statement.

“The scars, got them in a bit of an accident.” Dragon clarified as he tapped the four jagged marks on his cheek. “I figured you were wondering about them.”

“Maybe just a little.” Sunset admitted a bit a sheepishly.

“Everyone does.” Dragon stated matter-of-factly then shrugged. “I’m used to it.”

“I’m Blooming Hope.” The girl with the green streak in her hair said quietly. She had taken a couple steps back and was halfway hidden behind Dragon, but leaned out enough so that Sunset could see her.

“It’s nice to meet you Blooming Hope.” Sunset smiled warmly, trying her best to not make the girl anymore nervous then she apparently already was. Though Sunset couldn’t help but be amused inwardly, the girl’s voice was almost as quiet as Fluttershy’s. She also noticed that while one of Blooming Hope’s eyes matched the emerald green of the other three her other eye was brown.

Before Sunset could say anything else Shining Nova grabbed Blooming Hope by one arm and pulled her into a sideways hug. “Me and Hope here are actually twins!” She said with a big grin as she put her face next to Blooming Hope’s, who didn’t seem to be as excited as her sister about the attention being put on them. “And Firecracker and Dragon are our cousins, and each other’s cousins too.” Shining Nova laughed. “You know, in case you were wondering why we all look so much alike.”

“Yeah I kinda figured that you were all family.” Sunset grinned back at Shining Nova. “It’s great to meet all of you and let me say Welcome to Canterlot High. How about we get to the tour I’m supposed to take you on?”

Sunset lead the four around the school, a task made easier when the bell finally rang and the rest of the students headed for class leaving the halls clear. She showed them the various classes, offices, the lunchroom, gym, the library and computer labs. Sunset did her best to answer what questions they had. She was actually quite relieved they showed an interest; the Dazzlings hadn’t shown an interest in anything except for the music festival, which was one of the things that made them seem so off to her. The new arrivals were acting like one would expect of typical teens, which was a very good sign in Sunset’s opinion. Eventually they ended up back by the lockers where they started.

“Well that covers most everything, if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.” Sunset said as they finished up their tour. She was silent for a moment as she tried to think of some other subject to talk about. “So what brings you all to Canterlot High?”

“A death in the family.” Firecracker stated simply.

“Oh! Sorry, I didn’t mean to…” Sunset mentally berated herself, feeling like she had just put her foot in her mouth.

“Oh don’t worry, it’s not that big a deal!” Shining Nova quickly said before Sunset berated herself too much. Then made a pained expression since she didn’t mean it quite the way it sounded. “I mean it’s okay that you asked that because you couldn’t have known about that. It was just our Grandmother that died. Not that that’s okay, we’re sad about it. We didn’t actually know her all that well but we’re still sad about it… She was…” Shining Nova began to trail off, it was not going how she intended.

“She was a stern person who we didn’t see all that often.” Dragon added as he put a put a hand on Shining Nova’s shoulder and gently pulled her back. “Being the only family she had left our moms came back to take care of things and get everything settled and brought us along too since they couldn’t leave us back where we used to live. Then they decided to enroll us in their old school and so here we are.”

“Ah, thanks for answering my question.” Sunset tried to force a smile hoping to make the moment less awkward while really wishing she had something to change the subject.

“Oh Miss Shimmer, may I have a moment?” A familiar voice called out from behind Sunset.

“Miss Cheerilee!” Sunset spun around to face the teacher, grateful for the distraction away from the awkwardness. “What can I help you with?”

“I was just wondering if you could return this to Miss Pie for me.” Cheerilee pulled out a rolled up poster from the bunch she had tucked under one arm. “Her name was on the list of those who wanted their musical festival posters back. I haven’t been able to catch her this morning so I was hoping you could give it back to her for me.”

“I’d be glad to.” Sunset took the poster, noticing that it still smelled like cake. Then saw the others looking at her inquisitively. “Oh! Sorry about that. We had a musical festival a little while back; well actually it became a Battle of the Bands, it was quite an event to say the least.” Sunset paused a moment, trying to think of something else to say rather than go into all the details of what happened at the Battle of the Bands. “So, are any of you into music?”

“Well of course, I love music!” Shining Nova said with a big smile. “In fact…”

“Just don’t ask her to sing or play an instrument, she couldn’t carry a tune to save her life.” Firecracker cut her off, earning a dirty look from Shining Nova. Firecracker then motioned towards Dragon and Blooming Hope. “They’re the musicians of the family.”

“It’s more of a hobby really, playing music helps me relax.” Dragon said nonchalantly then looked towards Blooming Hope. “She’s more of a musician, even writes songs.”

“Well I try and write songs, I really don’t think any of them are good enough yet to play in front of an audience or anything though.” Blooming Hope averted her gaze away from the others and fidgeted with her fingers a bit.

“I’m sure they’re great.” Sunset said reassuringly and smiled at Blooming Hope. “Maybe you can show them to me sometime.”

Cheerilee cleared her throat to gain their attention. “While it’s great that you’re sharing and making friends might I suggest you get to class if the tour’s over. First class isn’t over yet and I’m sure the teachers would like a chance to meet their new students on the first day rather than having to wait until tomorrow.”

“Oh right.” Sunset blushed a little, a bit embarrassed that she had lost track of time and gotten off track of what she was supposed to be doing. “So what are your first classes? I’ll tell you which way you need to go.”

Class schedules were brought out and Sunset looked them over, giving directions for each one. Needed items were pulled from lockers and soon everybody was ready to head for their classes.

“I’ll see you all later,” Sunset told them before they went their separate ways. “Feel free to come sit with me and my friends during lunch, I’d love to introduce you all to them.”

Everyone then went in different directions, all having different starting classes. Cheerilee watched them all go and stood there alone for a moment smiling, happy to see new friends being made, before continuing on with her own task.

*******

Rainbow Dash walked down the hallway with a purpose, her eyes scanning around at all the students looking for one in particular. Normally she’d be heading for the cafeteria to get some lunch but she had heard things earlier that made her want to meet one of the new arrivals. She finally spotted the one she was looking for talking with the other new arrivals and headed in their direction. As Rainbow Dash got closer she started picking up their conversation.

“While it’s great that you’ve already found something that you really want to get into do you really want to skip lunch just to get an early start on it?” Dragon asked Blooming Hope.

“It’s okay, I’m really not all that hungry right now.” Blooming Hope answered and smiled brightly. “Besides I got an idea for this project I really like but will probably take a bit of work so I’d like to get started on it as soon as I can.”

“I’m not all that hungry either.” Firecracker added. “Besides a teacher wanted to talk with me so I’ll be bailing on lunch too.”

“Don’t worry Dragon I won’t leave you all by your lonesome at lunch.” Shining Nova gave him a playful punch on the arm.

“You Shining Nova?” Rainbow Dash asked loudly as she stood behind the girl in question.

“Yeah that’s me,” Shining Nova replied as she spun around to see who was asking for her. “Who wants to kno…” She stopped when she saw who it was. “I remember seeing you this morning, heard your name was Rainbow Dash.”

“That’s right.” Rainbow Dash gave a rather smug grin. “I heard you’re supposed to be pretty good at sports; also heard you said something about how you think you can beat me. How about we see if you can back up that boast?”

“Oh you are so on for some one-on-one.” Shining Nova grinned fiercely. “ Just name the game.”

Behind Shining Nova Firecracker rolled her eyes, Dragon gave a bit of an exasperated sigh and Blooming Hope just smiled a bit nervously.

“Here we go again.” Blooming Hope said quietly enough that only Dragon and Firecracker heard her, then cleared her thought a bit before speaking up. “Good luck Nova; if anyone needs me I’ll be in the library looking up some things for my project.”

“Yeah I got someplace I need to be so I’ll be taking off too.” Firecracker said as she walked off in the opposite direction as Blooming Hope.

“Well unlike everyone else I’m staving so I’m going to get some lunch.” Dragon waved as he started to walk away. “Have fun Nova.”

“Since the field’s still being cleaned up let’s head to the gym.” Rainbow Dash suggested. “I think some basketball would be a good way to decide this.”

“Oh are you gonna regret picking that.” Shining Nova told her with a confident smile. “Basketball is my game.”

The pair headed over to the gym and found it mostly empty except for a few students sitting around near the walls eating or just talking, there was one student practicing his free throws. Rainbow Dash gave a quick whistle and held up her hands and the student practicing smiled and grabbed another ball from the ball rack and tossed it to Rainbow Dash, who smiled and nodded back in thanks. Shining Nova followed her across the gym to the opposite basket.

So how about the first to sink fifteen baskets wins?” Rainbow Dash suggested as she spun the ball on her finger.

“Sounds good.” Shining Nova agreed with a laugh. “Just don’t let me hear you complaining when you lose.”

“We’ll see about that.” Rainbow Dash passed the ball to Shining Nova.

“You’re letting me have the ball first?” Shining Nova smirked. “You just might regret that.”

“Show me what you got.” Rainbow Dash challenged.

Shining Nova began dribbling the ball as Rainbow Dash stood ready for whatever she might try. Suddenly Shining Nova made her move; she faked right and quickly spun back around to the left, Rainbow couldn’t correct in time giving Shining Nova a clear shot. Taking her shot she sent the ball sailing through the air, Rainbow Dash tried to make a grab for it but the ball was just barely out of reach. The ball went right into the basket without touching the rim.

“Oh Yeah! Nothing but net!” Shining Nova cheered, then touched a finger to her tongue and then to her hip making a hissing sound. “Yeah I’m just that hot.”

“Not bad, looks like I might have to take you seriously.” Rainbow Dash commented as she picked up the ball. “You ready for the real game now?”

“Bring it on.” Shining Nova said confidently.

*******

A young man with light green skin sat alone in the lunchroom of Canterlot High, his emerald eyes scanning around from where he sat at a table in the corner of the room. Dragon had specifically chosen the spot so that he could see the entire room and check out what sort of people were at this school. Though he hadn’t expected he’d be eating lunch alone on the first day; Firecracker had to go talk to a teacher, Shining Nova was playing some one-on-one in the gym with that Rainbow Dash girl, and Blooming Hope was excited about some class project and was looking up stuff in the library. Having nothing else to do and no one to hang out with Dragon simply went to eat lunch alone.

Dragon was spending his time observing the other students as he ate; trying to figure out the various cliques, who hung out with who and the general flow of the school. Which was proving surprising difficult to pin down. Going by general appearances he could place individual students into what cliques they’d most likely be a part of in other schools he had been to but there was something different about this Canterlot High. The students mixed freely and a bit randomly in Dragon’s opinion; different people sitting and talking together, some even switching groups at times to talk to different people. He had noticed it a bit in the hallways during the morning but it really became apparent with so many students gathered in one room. Canterlot High was indeed proving to be a difficult school to figure out.

Dragon also noted the students he had morning classes with, he hadn’t learned all the names yet but he was able to recognize the faces from the classes he had. Like the girl with the two-tone blue hair bouncing her head along to the music she was listening to. He had heard other students calling her DJ-Pon3, which Dragon figured was a stage name of some sort, while the English teacher had called her Miss Scratch. She had been quite she sneaky listening to her music in class; being able to quickly slip out her ear buds and palm them along with her music player whenever the teacher looked her way or walked by. Then there was the gray girl with blond hair and off-kilter eyes, he hadn’t caught her full name yet either but she was apparently a math whiz seeing as she had absolutely aced the math quiz that morning. Then there was Trixie, or rather The Great and Powerful Trixie as she had told him multiple times. In history class it had been some sort of review day with the students being paired off, the teacher had paired Dragon with Trixie and asked her to put in extra effort to make sure he was all caught up with what they had been studying. Dragon had to admit Trixie did do what the teacher asked even though she seemed to try and make a show out of it; that girl sure liked to talk, and loved having a captive audience.

“Hey there!”

Dragon nearly jumped and fell off his seat at the unexpected voice that suddenly came from right next to him but managed to keep control of himself and remain seated. He turned his head and found another face way too close to his own; the smiling pink face had blue eyes and was topped by darker pink hair. Dragon tried to lean back to get back some personal space but the girl just leaned forward and kept the same distance from him.

“Where did you come from?” Dragon wondered aloud as the blue eyes kept staring into his green. There was no way this girl should have been able to sneak up on him like that, there were no doors near him and he should have spotted that much pink coming across the room towards him.

“Well it all started a long time ago…” The girl finally leaned back and grinned as she began her tale. “My Mom and Dad loved each other very much…”

“No, no. I didn’t mean that ‘where did you come from?’ story” Dragon quickly cut her off before she got too far into that tale. "I meant how did you get right here?” He pointed at the chair she was sitting in for emphasis.

“I walked over and sat down silly.” The pink girl giggled

Dragon actually found himself giving the area around him another look over just in case he did miss a door or something, but again found nothing. He just didn’t understand it, this girl should not have been able to sneak up on him like that.

“I’m Pinkie Pie.” She finally introduced herself and grinned again while holding out a hand.

“I’m Dragon.” He shook the offered hand while doing his best to keep his expression neutral as he continued to try and figure out how she had pulled it off.

“You’re new aren’t you?!” Pinkie asked excitedly as she yanked his hand instead of releasing it, bringing them nearly nose-to-nose again, then continued on without giving him a chance to answer. “I’m sure I haven’t seen you before and I know practically everyone in this school, so if I haven’t seen you before you must be new! I saw you and three new girls this morning and I wanted to come over and say hi but I couldn’t come over and say hi because I was taking something to a teacher for Principal Celestia and by the time I was done classes were starting so it was too late to come and say hi; but then I came in for lunch and saw you sitting here and knew it was the perfect time to come say hi.” Pinkie stopped briefly, finally releasing Dragon’s hand, and looked around. “Where are the other three? I wanted to say hi to them too. Your sisters? You all kinda look alike so I figured you were family. Oh! Are you quadruplets?”

“Ah no, we’re cousins actually.” It took Dragon a moment to answer when he realized Pinkie had finally stopped talking and was actually waiting for an answer. “Well Shining Nova and Blooming Hope are actually twins.” Dragon ran his finger over his hair tracing the outline of the twins’ distinctive hair stripes.

“I know a pair of twins, but they’re just cute little babies. I’ve never met high school twins before.” Pinkie was nearly bouncing with excitement. “So where are they? Why aren’t they here eating lunch?”

“Class stuff mostly.” Dragon explained, leaning back a bit because Pinkie was leaning up close again. “Not sure of all the details since I didn’t have classes with any of them this morning.”

“I didn’t have morning classes with any of you either.” Pinkie brought a hand up to her chin in thought. “So what classes do you have for the rest of the day?”

Dragon pulled his class schedule out of his pocket and handed it over to Pinkie figuring it’d have all the information she’d ask about for his classes; be it teachers, times or specific classes. She took the paper and the pink girl read it over, making various ‘hmmmm…’ and ‘uh-huh’ sounds. Then her eyes went wide and she made a loud, high-pitched gasping sound.

“What’s wrong?” Dragon asked.

“We’re afternoon class buddies!” Pinkie cheered with a huge grin.

Before Dragon could ask what exactly she meant Pinkie grabbed him and pulled him into a hug, his face being buried in her chest. And that confirmed it for Dragon, this girl had absolutely no sense of personal space. He tried to grab onto the table or chair to try and get some leverage to get out of her hold but Pinkie was shaking him back and forth so much while hugging and laughing that Dragon’s attempts to get free were reduced to ineffectual flailing.

“It’s been forever since I’ve had so many classes in a row with somebody! I’ll show you where all the classes are, introduce you to the teachers and students, and then we can sit together!” Pinkie was just ecstatic at the idea. “Won’t that be great?!”

“Pin-e le goff of meff! Mmmm!” Dragon tried to talk but his words were severely muffled because of how tight she was hugging him, his face still being pressed against her chest. And he swore all he could smell was sugar, like Pinkie had a frosted coating. Though if she did that might explain a couple things…

Pinkie realized what the problem was and finally let Dragon go. He quickly leaned back took a deep breath, it had been somewhat difficult to breathe while she had been hugging him. Dragon looked over at Pinkie, who seemed so happy about the ‘class buddies’ thing that he couldn’t even feel mad; instead he breathed a sigh of relief and was just glad to be out of that grip of hers. So Dragon just straitened out his hair and finished off his drink, finding he suddenly had a craving for cotton candy and wasn’t sure why.

“So what were you doing before?” Pinkie asked after a moment

“Hmmm?” Dragon was tripped-up a bit by the sudden subject change.

“I mean what were you doing when you were sitting here eating? You were all like this.” Pinkie assumed a perfect imitation of his posture and neutral expression, even holding an imaginary sandwich, as she looked around the room.

“Oh that. I was studying the different students here.” Dragon answered as he looked around the room again. “Just trying to get to know them.”

“That’s not how you get to know people Silly.” Pinkie started laughing. “You can’t just look at them, you gotta go talk to them! C’mon I’ll show you how easy it is!”

Before Dragon could say anything Pinkie grabbed his hand, pulled him out of his seat and started practically dragging him across the room. Doing his best to match his pace to Pinkie’s Dragon wondered how in the world he had gotten into this situation.

*******

“Why does Mr. Donkey always have to give so much homework on a Monday? Most of the students are still tryin’ to get back into gear after the weekend.” Applejack groaned as she walked. “I could understand givin’ so much on a Friday; it’d be the weekend and it’d ‘keep us busy and out of trouble’ as some of the teachers like to say.”

“I think the weekend is why he assigns so much homework at the beginning of the week.” Sunset replied as she shifted around the contents of her backpack a bit before slinging it back over her shoulder. “He figures we’re all nice and rested after the weekend and have plenty of energy for the extra work, the end of the week not so much.”

“I could help you if you like Applejack.” Twilight offered.

“Thank ya kindly Twilight.” Applejack said with a smile but then gave a resigned sigh. “But this is supposed to be a single student type assignment so I’ll just have to buckle down and get it done myself. Maybe we can partner up next time we do a group assignment.”

Ahead of the trio a door opened and they saw one of the new arrivals, Firecracker, walk out.

“Thank you for your time Firecracker.” They heard a teacher’s voice say as the girl moved into the hallway and closed the door behind her.

“Hi Firecracker.” Sunset greeted as they walked up to her. “How do you like Canterlot High so far?”

“It’s alright.” Firecracker answered without changing her expression, which was somewhere between bored and slightly annoyed. “Less annoying then other schools I’ve been to anyway.”

“Well that’s good to hear.” Sunset tried to stay positive, still unsure how to best interact with Firecracker. “Let me introduce you to two of my friends; this is Applejack and Twilight Sparkle.”

Applejack tipped her hat while Twilight gave a small wave, Firecracker just nodded.

“So was the teacher giving you a warning or something?” Applejack asked. “I heard you really told off Diamond Tiara this morning.”

“Eh, the little snot was asking for it.” Firecracker shrugged. “But no, teacher just wanted to know how my mom and aunts were doing. She went to school with them here back in the day apparently.”

“ My family’s been going here forever too, my Granny Smith’s been the lunch lady here since practically the beginning of the school.” Applejack laughed. “She probably knew them too.”

“Well if she’s ever said anything about the ‘Terrible Trio’ or ‘Terror Triplets’ that’d be them; at least according to what I was just told, never heard anything about that from them.” Firecracker smirked and shook her head. “Their actual names are Cherry Bomb, Emerald Heart and Phoenix.”

“Actually…” Applejack began as she thought back to the stories Granny Smith had told her. “Granny has told some tales about them.”

“Were they really that bad?” Twilight asked. “I mean if words like ‘Terrible’ and ‘Terror’ were used to refer to them.”

“According to Granny they really livened things up around here back in the day, some of their stories are some of her favorites to tell.” Applejack grinned.

“I wouldn’t know really, they never told us much about their time here.” Firecracker told them. “They just told us that they used to have a lot of fun.”

“So are we going to have to worry about you and your cousins picking up where your moms left off?” Sunset joked

“Nah, I’m not planning to anyway. As long as no one ticks me off or seriously annoys me you got nothing to worry about.” Firecracker replied with a bit of a smirk. “Definitely not Hope, she’s pretty much the exact opposite of a person who would do that. Dragon’s usually too wrapped up in his own stuff to do anything like that. Nova though… depending on how competitive she gets with that Rainbow Dash girl that could cause some trouble.”

“Rainbow’s a competitive one too,” Applejack gave a bit of a laugh, then sighed. “We might need to keep an eye on them.”

Just then they heard a bit of a commotion down the hall, they turned to see Pinkie practically dragging Dragon around by the hand. She was darting from group to group, person to person, anyone that was in the hallway and introducing them to Dragon then quickly moving on to the next. When she saw Sunset, Applejack and Twilight she waved and rushed on over.

“Hi, I’m Pinkie Pie.” She introduced herself to Firecracker with a huge smile.

“Pinkie, this is my cousin Firecracker.” Dragon waved towards her with his free hand, unable to move his other because of Pinkie’s grip on it.

“And this is Applejack, Twilight and Sunset.” Pinkie said brightly, then realized something. “Oh yeah, you already met Sunset.”

“What are you doing Pinkie?” Sunset asked while trying to hold back a laugh, she had a pretty good guess already though.

“I found Dragon all alone in the lunch room so I went over and said hi, we talked and then I decided to help him get to know everyone.” Pinkie explained. “I’ve introduced him to Principal Celestia, Vice Principle Luna, Granny Smith…”

As Pinkie was talking Dragon tried to pry Pinkie’s fingers loose from his hand, but her grip was so tight that he couldn’t even get his fingers under hers. Firecracker noticed what he was doing and snickered earning her an annoyed look from Dragon, Pinkie didn’t even notice.

“…and we still have half the school left to go.” Pinkie finished her explanation. “And if I’m going to get Dragon introduced to everyone before the end of lunch we’d better get going!”

Pinkie darted off pulling Dragon behind her leaving the others just staring after them.

*******

Blooming Hope walked among the shelves of the library, while she came to get started on her project she wanted to familiarize herself with the library first. It was a very impressive library, especially for a high school, none of her old schools had libraries nearly so large. Two levels with shelves that seemed to go on and on, Blooming Hope thought it might be possible to go back to some quiet corner and actually camp out without anyone else even realizing it. If it wasn’t for having actual classes she could happily spend hours in the library simply reading whatever books caught her eye.

But she wasn’t in the library to daydream, she had something she wanted to do. She had already checked the library catalog and was already gathering the books she needed as she wandered the library; spotting the last book she needed Blooming Hope pulled it from the shelf and added it to the stack she already had. With the books in hand she headed back toward the front of the library; setting them down on a table near the computers so that she could easily check the internet for reference Blooming Hope pulled a notebook out of her backpack so that she could get to work.

After several minutes of working Blooming Hope thought she was making some good progress into planning of her assignment. But then unexpectedly there was a light tap on her shoulder; being so absorbed in her work and not expecting it at all the tap startled her, Blooming Hope let out a quiet shriek and jumped out of her seat. Behind her she heard someone let out their own quiet shriek and the sound of feet hitting the floor as someone jumped back. Quickly spinning around Blooming Hope saw another student, a girl with long pink hair who looked to be on the verge of running away.

“I… I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to startle…” They both began then stopped to let the other talk, and then both started again at the same time. “It’s my fault, I really should have…”

They both stopped again and after a moment they both began giggling.

“I’m Blooming Hope,” She introduced herself. “Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too Blooming Hope, I’m Fluttershy.” She said with a bright smile

“So is there something I can help you with Fluttershy?” Blooming Hope asked as she straightened out her chair, having nearly knocked it down when she had jumped.

“Oh I was helping a friend find some books for a project she was planning.” Fluttershy explained and then pointed to one of the books Blooming Hope had. “And I think you have one of them with you.”

“Oh! I was using this for a project too.” Blooming Hope held up the book. “But I’d be happy to share.”

“That’s wonderful, I’ll let her know right away.” Fluttershy pulled out her phone and began sending a text message.

A moment later Blooming Hope saw another student approaching them, a gorgeous girl with pearl white skin and purple hair.

“I am Rarity, charmed to meet you.” She introduced herself as she reached the table and flipped her hair back, but then a look of recognition came to her face. “I know you, you’re one of our new arrivals and we just had a class together. Blooming Hope was it not?”

“Yes.” Blooming Hope blushed a little. “Me, my sister and cousins started here today.”

“I believe Fluttershy and I have already met two of them, Firecracker and Dragon. Your cousins?” Rarity inquired and Blooming Hope nodded. “Firecracker was speaking with some of our friends while Dragon was being dragged around by another friend of ours friend Pinkie Pie, who seems determined to introduce him to everyone in the school before lunch is over.” She laughed a bit at the memory of Pinkie pulling Dragon around. “We haven’t had the pleasure of meeting your sister yet but we’ve heard she’s in the gym playing a game with our friend Rainbow Dash.”

“Yeah Shining Nova can be more than a little competitive when it comes to sports.” Blooming Hope said with a bit of a nervous smile. “She was even a sports star at our old school so when Rainbow Dash challenged her there was no way she wasn’t going to take her up on it.”

“Rainbow Dash is a sports star too, and very competitive.” Fluttershy told Blooming Hope. “Anything that can be made into a competition she’ll give her all in.”

“So does Shining Nova.” Blooming Hope nodded, then laughed a little. “Back in elementary she used to challenge people to silly little competitions like catching the most falling leaves or who could drink the most chocolate milk.”

“I think it’ll be good for Rainbow Dash to have someone around who’s willing and able to compete with her.” Rarity commented with a smile then motioned to the book that Fluttershy and Blooming Hope had talked about earlier. “So do you enjoy fashion?”

“Well yes, I don’t really dress up all that much but I do like to see all the different designs people come up with and even look at the styles throughout history.” Blooming Hope held up her notebook. “I’m not that far along yet but the project I was planning was going to be a history of musical fashion.”

“Oh that is simply a marvelous idea!” Rarity beamed. “Mine was a more general history of fashion over the last century, but yours sounds so much more fun.”

“Thank you.” Blooming Hope smiled bashfully at Rarity’s praise.

“Ideeeea! Why don’t we work together?” Rarity suggested as she excitedly took Blooming Hope’s hands into her own. “Miss Blossom said we could partner up and I just know we’d make a fabulous team!”

Blooming Hope was stunned for a moment, unsure how to react; but then she though it over for a moment and came to a decision. “Sure, it sounds like it could be fun.”

“Wonderful!” Rarity practically cheered. “I already have so many ideas.”

Rarity took a seat next to Blooming Hope and pulled a notebook and pen out of her backpack and began sketching something, while Fluttershy took the seat on the opposite side.

“I’d like to help, but I’m not in Miss Blossom’s class.” Fluttershy apologized. “But I’m sure you’ll do a great job.”

Blooming Hope saw Fluttershy unzip her backpack and a white rabbit poked its head out; Fluttershy petted the rabbit the raised a finger to her mouth in the signal for ‘shhh’ and smiled, then held her backpack closer to Blooming Hope so that she could pet the bunny too.

*******

Rainbow Dash dribbled the ball as she planned her move, Shining Nova stood between her and the basket ready to head off any attempts for the basket she might make. It had been a surprisingly intense game and the score was now 14-14, the next basket would win the game. They were surrounded by cheering people as quite a crowd had gathered to watch the impromptu game; while most were cheering for Rainbow Dash many were cheering for Shining Nova too as the new arrival was doing very well.

Finally making her move Rainbow Dash raised the ball up and began to jump, Shining Nova jumped up as high as she could to block the shot. But that was the rainbow-haired teen’s plan as she had barely jumped at all and she brought the ball back down as her feet almost immediately touched back down. She spun around her opponent and before Shining Nova could get turned around Rainbow Dash took her shot. The ball sailed through the air, hitting one side of the rim and then bouncing to the other side. The ball spun around the rim for what seemed like an uncomfortably long time to the two players before finally falling into the net.

A huge cheer went up from the crowd and Rainbow Dash jumped and let out a yell in celebration, Shining Nova simply sighed and hung her head at her defeat.

“Good game.” Rainbow Dash held out her hand. “Been a while since I’ve had to give it my all to win some one-on-one.”

“Yeah it was.” Shining Nova shook her hand and smirked. “But I know how you play now, next time things are going to be different.”

“Anytime, anywhere, any game” Rainbow Dash smirked back.

“Congrats Rainbow, didn’t see the whole game but for a while there it looked like you were having a rough time of it.” Applejack commented from where she was standing with the others. “Just lost me five bucks though.”

“What can I say? When the competition is tough I gotta do that much better to win.” Rainbow Dash grinned proudly, then a look of annoyed realization appeared on her face. “Wait a minute… You bet against me?!”

“Sorry Rainbow,” Applejack shrugged with a bit of a smile. “From what I saw Shining Nova was doing good all the way till the end, looked like she just might’ve won.”

“Well next time you’ll win that bet.” Shining Nova said with confidence.

“We’ll see about that.” Rainbow Dash smiled and raised her fist and her and Shining Nova fist bumped.

“But thanks for the vote of confidence… err…” Shining Nova stumbled a bit when she realized she didn’t know the blond girl’s name.

“It’s Applejack, pleased to meet ya.” She introduced herself, then waved a hand behind her. “And this here is Twilight, and I believe you already know Sunset.”

“Nice to meet you.” Shining Nova said as she returned Twilight’s wave.

“Rainbow Dash!” A voice rang out over the crowd.

“And that’d be Pinkie Pie.” Applejack told Shining Nova when she saw her looking around for the source of the voice.

Pinkie appeared out of the crowd, still pulling Dragon behind her. She finally let go of his hand and ran up to Rainbow Dash.

“Congratulations Rainbow Dash!” Pinkie cheered. “I didn’t get to see it because I was busy introducing Dragon to everyone but I heard you won the big game!”

“It was hardly a big game Pinkie, just a little one-on-one.” Rainbow Dash tried to correct her.

“Here’s a congratulatory cupcake.” Pinkie pulled a large cupcake out of her hair and handed it to Rainbow Dash.

“Thanks Pinkie…” Rainbow Dash said as she looked at the blue cupcake with a #1 written in gold frosting on top; she was still trying to figure out how Pinkie carried around such things in her hair without messing up her hair or the food.

A ways behind Pinkie Dragon was shaking his hand some to get the feeling back into it when Firecracker walked up to him.

“Did you ever consider just chewing your arm off to get away from her?” Firecracker asked with a smirk.

“No way.” Dragon answered as he wiggled his fingers making sure he had full movement. “I need both my hands.”

Pinkie then came pushing Rainbow Dash along. “Guys, this is Rainbow Dash.” Pinkie waved an arm presenting Rainbow Dash, then waved the other way. “Rainbow Dash this is Firecracker and Dragon.”

“Yo.” Rainbow Dash said simply.

“Hey.” Dragon responded while Firecracker just nodded.

Just then a bell rang out catching everyone’s attention and all the students still in the gym began to leave.

“Warning bell, gotta get to class! Come on afternoon class buddy!” Pinkie grabbed Dragon’s hand again and shot out of the room, grinning all the way.”

“Afternoon class buddy?” Rainbow Dash questioned.

“Don’t rightly know.” Applejack told her then motioned to one of the doors. “We can ask about it later, for now let’s get to our next class.” She then noticed Shining Nova looking over her schedule. “So what’s your next class?”

“History with Mr. Whooves.” Shining Nova read, then held her schedule a bit closer. “Or is that Dr.? It’s kinda smudged.”

“We have him next too.” Rainbow Dash told her. “Come on, we’ll show you the way.”

As Shining Nova walked with Applejack and Rainbow Dash out of the gym Sunset saw that Firecracker was also looking at her schedule and the accompanying map.

“If I’m remembering your schedule correctly you have Miss Sunlight next right?” Sunset asked as she walked up next to Firecracker.

“Yeah,” Firecracker folded up her schedule and put it back in her pocket. “She doesn’t live up to her name does she?”

“Well that depends what sort of mood you catch her in. Most of the time she’s serious about her work, but if she’s in a really good mood she does live up to her name.” Sunset explained. “Twilight and I have her next too, we can show you the way if you want.”

“Sure.” Firecracker agreed and began walking with Sunset and Twilight.

“I have my notes organized and ready.” Twilight announced as she opened up a notebook. “I hope Miss Sunlight finds my short summaries of the chapters we read yesterday satisfactory.”

Sunset looked into Twilight’s notebook and saw that her ‘short’ summaries took up a full page for each chapter they read, she hadn’t even used a quarter of a page for any of her own chapter summaries.

“I’m sure they’ll be fine Twilight.” Sunset assured her.

*******

Sunset sat out on the front steps of Canterlot High waiting for her friends so that they could walk home together now the school was done for the day. While she did talk to or wave to the other students that were passing her by she was mainly occupied with writing a letter to Princess Twilight. Just letting the Princess know that everything on this side of the portal was fine and that this world’s Twilight was adjusting to Caterlot High and general events along with asking how things were doing in Equestria. She just finished up the letter when her friends started to come out the doors.

“Well that’s another Monday over and done, rest of the week oughta be smooth sailing.” Applejack said with a bit of relief.

“Except for that test in Whooves’ class on Friday.” Rainbow Dash groaned

“Oh come on Rainbow, it ain’t gonna be that bad.” Applejack just shook her head at her friend. “Specially if you’ve been keeping up on your notes.”

“Easy for you to say, you can keep your notes nice and organized. These are mine.” Rainbow Dash pulled a mass of papers out of her backpack, Applejack simply sighed at the sight.

“I can help you organize your notes.” Twilight offered after initially cringing at the sight of Rainbow Dash’s notes.

“Thanks Twilight, you’re a lifesaver!.” Rainbow Dash put an arm around the violet girl’s shoulders and pulled her into a sideways hug with a grin, Twilight just smile and blushed at the sudden hug.

“Were you sending a letter to Princess Twilight?” Fluttershy asked Sunset as she saw her putting her journal into her backpack.

“Yeah just some general update stuff and letting her know everyone is fine.” Sunset answered as she stood up and brushed herself off a bit.

Rarity finally came out the door while texting on her phone; Pinkie was walking right behind trying to peek over Rarity’s shoulder to see whom she was chatting with.

“Ironing out the details for a new outfit for someone?” Sunset took a guess about what Rarity was texting about, and hopefully satisfy Pinkie’s curiosity at the same time.

“Not quite, just chatting with Blooming Hope about a project we’re working on together.” Rarity answered while continuing to text. “We’re going to have so much fun with this.”

“Twilight!” A voice called out.

Twilight spun around to the source of the voice and Spike came running up and leapt into her arms.

“Spike!” Twilight smiled and hugged her dog. “Where have you been all afternoon?”

“Chasing squirrels.” Spike replied and wagged his tail. “You know me and squirrels.”

“Spike!” Fluttershy gasped, but quickly took on a reprimanding tone. “You shouldn’t chase little squirrels around; you could be scaring them and they could get hurt, or you might get hurt.”

“Don’t worry Fluttershy, it’s really just a game me and the squirrels play.” Spike tried to assure her. “I chase them they run up a tree, I bark and they toss acorns at me. A lot of acorns if they get their buddies to help them… But no worries, it doesn’t even hurt if they actually hit me.”

“And what would you do if you ever caught one of them?” Twilight inquired.

“Hmmm… I’m not sure.” Spike considered. “Maybe just tag them and tell them they’re it and then they can chase me around for a while.”

“Hey! I have a great idea!” Pinkie suddenly spoke up, startling half the group. “Let’s all go down to Sugarcube Corner!”

Pinkie skipped ahead of the group while the others just smiled and followed, that was Pinkie’s suggestion practically everyday after school.

Sunset stopped for a moment and looked around, for a moment she thought she felt something… but saw nothing out of the ordinary anywhere around her. After looking around a bit more Sunset thought it must have been her imagination and hurried to catch up with the others.

Across the street was the typical sight of the neighborhood; houses, yards, trees, pretty much what was always there to see. However there was something that was unseen, something hidden even in plain view. If someone were to walk into the middle of one of the empty yards they would find themselves passing through some sort of field that hid what was within from sight. What they would find within would be most unwelcome at Canterlot High, the Dazzlings. With the Dazzlings was a figure dressed in a dark hooded coat and scarf.

“Are you sure they can’t see us Starwind?” Adagio demanded. “She looked right at us.”

“My spell completely conceals us from view as well as keeping us from being heard, even if she was able to sense something it wasn’t enough to cause her concern.” Starwind explained calmly. “Is she the one?”

“Yes, Sunset Shimmer’s the one.” Adagio growled as she glared in Sunset’s direction.

“So she’s the one who cast the first stone.” Starwind commented more to himself than anyone else.

“But she didn’t throw a rock, she stole a crown.” Sonata said in response to Starwind’s comment.

“Merely an expression Sonata.” Starwind told her as he raised his hands in front of him. “Now let’s take a closer look.”

Starwind made a few quick motions and different signs with his hands; the air in front of him shimmered briefly before a flat rectangular shape came into existence, it flickered a bit but Starwind touched a hand to it and various symbols appeared on its surface.

“For a magic spell that sure looks an awful lot like a computer touch screen.” Aria observed as she looked over Starwind’s shoulder.

“It’s a useful interface style, the magic users of this world have been making use of it for a long time.” Starwind said as he began to touch different symbols.

As the Dazzlings watched Starwind work a picture of Sunset appeared on the screen and several words and numbers flashed by along with more symbols that looked like readouts.

“Yes, she is indeed from another world. While her readings are slightly different they are close enough to you three to confirm that she is definitely from the same world.” Starwind announced as he read the information flashing across the screen.

“We’ve told you that already, multiple times.” Adagio huffed, the pointed towards Twilight. “So is that one and her dog.”

“Nope.” Starwind said simply as he switched his focus to Twilight. “All readings indicate that she and her dog are from this world.”

“Then your readings are wrong.” Adagio tried to poke the screen for emphasis, but her finger simply passed right through it. “I know for a fact that she came from Equestria.”

“Her dog talks.” Aria added matter-of-factly.

“A talking animal isn’t a difficult trick if you know the right spells.” Starwind stated. “You can even find them naturally in this world if you know where to look.”

“You know talking animals?” Sonata said excitedly, to which the other Dazzlings rolled their eyes.

“Yes, but with the exception of that dog there are none native to this area.” Starwind answered and Sonata sighed in disappointment.

“Or she could be from Equestria.” Adagio said sounding a bit exasperated. “You already said your magic can’t directly examine theirs so maybe their Equestrian magic is screwing up your scans of them.”

“No it is not, observe.” Starwind said simply.

Scans of the whole group appeared on the screen, their images having slight auras around them. Starwind brought his hands together with index fingers out then separated them, as he did so all the images of the group all moved to the left while the auras that had been around them moved to the right.

“On the left we have our subjects; despite being them all being infused with other-worldly magic I can still scan them and tell you every physical detail about them. Like that the pink girl has a lot of sugar in her system, the dog had been altered and can now speak, and the fact that girl Twilight is of this world.” Starwind told them as various information flashed in front of the individuals he was talking about, he then motioned towards the multi-colored clouds on the other side of the screen. “This is their other-worldly magic; I can detect its existence as well as easily filter it out of my scans of them as I did here, but the magic itself defies any examination by my own. I know it is there but I can tell nothing else about it.”

“Why do you even care about their magic?” Aria questioned as she looked over the screen. “You seem to have plenty of magic on your own.”

“Not only does it transform them, but you three could have used it to mesmerize the world had they not stopped you.” The Dazzlings looked either uncomfortable or annoyed as Starwind mentioned their defeat. “Just recently I witnessed it used in such a way that it could have caused a chain reaction that would have led to the destruction of this world if it had not been stopped and the damage repaired.”

“Destruction of this world…” Sonata repeated solemnly. “I didn’t know it could’ve caused that…”

“Seriously, who was stupid enough to try and use it like that?” Aria questioned as she shook her head.

“Let me guess…” Adagio smirked. “You want that sort of power for yourself.”

Starwind waved a hand and his screen vanished, he then turned to face the Dazzlings. “I must know what this magic is fully capable of. And if I can’t examine it directly we must observe it until it is understood.”


To be continued…

Author's Note:

This story sprung from a random scene that popped into my head after watching Rainbow Rocks and I even drew a pic to go with it (which you can find over on DA 'deaku.deviantart.com/art/Then-perhaps-we-can-make-a-deal-495702472') which eventually became the first scene for this chapter here. Well the idea for the story grew from there picking up more details and even drawing a few other ideas of mine into itself.
The new arrivals in this chapter actually started off as just a random drawing I did of the OCs of mine and a couple friends in the Equestria Girls style (which you can find over here 'deaku.deviantart.com/art/New-Arrivals-484068572') but the idea for this story sorta sucked them in and I figured I'd have some fun with it; so they got their named changed into something more fitting for the verse and here they are. As for who they belong to; Dragon belongs to me, Firecracker belongs to Trackula/Festum, and Shining Nova & Blooming Hope belong to Blackbird.

Well that's all I got to say for now; I hope you enjoyed the start of this story of mine and hopefully it won't take too long for me to get out another chapter.

Until next time,
Deaku