• Published 26th Aug 2015
  • 262 Views, 1 Comments

Dark Horizons - thewriter133



Deep in the jungles Rainbow Dash fights a battle. Ponyville Twilight Summons darkness.

  • ...
 1
 262

Agent Platinum

Author's Note:

So I am trying something new-ish. This has no cannon in my Blackmane universe. Just something that my brain wouldn't stop thinking about. As someone who has no friends I try to give tests to characters. Most of my "Normal" characters are lone wolf type brutes. The "tests" I'll be throwing these characters through will cause them to seem OOC and I apologize ahead of time for that faux-pa.

DARK HORIZONS
Agent Platinum
TheWriter133

Rainbow dash shot forward, behind her was a diseased looking griffin. A wall eyed Pegasus was racing at her left side. She flanked right and there was a deafening boom. Rainbows washed outwards as the rainboom vaporized the diseased beings. Rainbow kept flying with tears in her eyes.Above the serene blue planet lurked an unspeakable many eyed horror blinking in confusion as its gelatinous many eyed tentacles began to dissolve.
----/

There was a crackoom as a white alicorn with the sun as her butt-mark and a blue alicorn with the moon as her butt-mark appeared. The screen identified them as Princesses Celestia del Sol and Luna la Selene. In front of the screen was an immaculate white unicorn with three gems as her butt-mark.

A voice from a screen spoke “Agent Platinum as you can see we have a situation. Your mark is Twilight Sparkle. She has summoned a blasphemous horror from beyond space-time. She, by now, has gone utterly insane. If you cannot save her eliminate her.”
Rarity walked out of her boutique and immediately sliced through a shadowy plant like crustacean as it leapt at her. She looked around and saw all ponies had their windows boarded and everything locked up. She noticed Lyra playing her harp as several shadowy creatures attacked her. they immediately fell to pieces. Rarity gulped, she had never seen the blade of guqin in action. That was when she noticed the black city in the sky. She hurried on her way.

She soon arrived at the most garish crystal tree castle ever. It seemed to have warped into a mockery of its former beauty. She entered hearing the door click behind her. She eyed Luna before noticing Celestia cradling a babbling Twilight Sparkle. She noticed a few other additions to the castle. Those additions being Twilight Velvet, Shining Armor, Princess Cadence, and Twilight’s father. The only one not showing any emotion was Twilight Velvet. Twilight looked at her and gibbered.

They all turned to see Rarity wearing her conjured diamond armor. Before anypony could say a thing the door shook violently. A hum filled the air as Luna conjured two ethereal swords and opened the door. Rainbow Dash lay there with a quaking and violently shaking Pinkie Pie. Near them was another Pegasus. This one was stark white with yellow hair. She smiled weakly before hoisting the two up and bringing them inside. She too collapsed soon after. Rarity looked them over. Pinkie looked like she did for the party of one fiasco.

The white Pegasus got up her wonderbolt uniform in tatters “Hi Princess! I’m Surprise!” She flitted around the room as if on a sugar high. “I found these two during my daily patrol of Canterlot. I don’t know what they saw but cousin Pinkie’s never been this way since her sister was born. Also Rainbow Dash has been babbling on about how she killed a whole bunch of ponies. Shall I investigate further?”

Luna looked disparagingly at the perky Pegasus plucking a pomegranate from a pale porcelain bowl. “Miss Surprise I would ask you not to involve yourself in this. Please alert the Wonderbolts to begin scouting of Canterlot and the Everfree forest.”

Surprise opened the door and saluted before flying off. They were about to close the door when a massive white stallion with little wings and muscles the size of a pony head flew at them. He stopped short and bowed before saying “Princess Discord stole Fluttershy.”

They heard a sproing as Discord warped into reality. He then picked up Pinkie Pie and vanished in a cascade of cheese. The scrawny white pegasus next to him looked nervous.

He bowed “Princess you must do somethin’ why is Discord kidnapping ponies?”

Luna looked ready to rip Discord a new one “We know nothing more than you do Little Pony.”

Rarity’s lilting voice spoke up “Bulk, Skull, I may have an Idea.”

She pulled up a crystal and squeezed it with her magic. The many eyed blasphemous entity was displayed in all the colors of magic. “It appears her essence was being drained by this thing. However, darlings, that is all I can give you without breaking your minds. Now from what I can tell our dear Twilight found a book. In reading this book she summoned that blasphemous horror. It appears she was going to study it. At least that is what her whisperings suggest. I am afraid she may have to be slain for the horror to vanish. I hope not. Only last resort mind you.”

Shining Armor punched Rarity in the face “How can you suggest that about your own friend!”

Rarity spit out some blood and sighed “Only last resort. The needs of the many outway the needs of us few.”

Night Light, Cadence, and Twilight Velvet pulled Shining Armor into a sitting area. Rarity looked over to see Celestia and Luna looking at her disappointingly. Meanwhile, Rainbow Dash had calmed down enough to talk. She entered into the room stained in tears and sweat.

Luna spoke “Lady Rainbow Dash please tell us what has you so sad.”

Rainbow nodded and began her tale.