• Published 17th Aug 2015
  • 349 Views, 1 Comments

Trilogy of Tears (+ Bonus part) - Tere35



Luna and Celestia are dealing with their remorses after the defeat of Nightmare Moon

  • ...
 1
 349

Tears of the Moon

Author's Note:

English isn't my native language... so if you find any errors, I hope that you notify it to me.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...

For many times that I say "I'm sorry" it never seems to be enough, but...

What else can I say? What else can I do? I can only ask for forgiveness again and again for all whom I hurted... Especially to you, sister, because I know the terrible decision that you had to take and how much it hurted you.

When everything began? When does Nightmare Moon begin to be created? I couldn't say... I guess it was always a part of me, this dark side that all we have. Although sometimes it's becoming stronger with each accumulated rancor, with each silent reproach... until it becomes too big and has to go outside.

I should have spoken with you, sister, instead of keeping silent about these small reproaches and rancors that did not disappear, but they were accumulating into that dark hole in wich I fell.

There where moments in which I blamed you... even I hated you for exiling me to the moon... but now I understand that you had no choice, that I didn't leave you another option.

Because I haven't told it to you yet, but, during my exile there were moments where I went back to my being and I realized everything I had done, of what I had almost done... I could have killed you and I never would have forgiven myself...

In those moments I was glad about my exile, since this way I couldn't hurt anypony... but I missed you horribly, I wished that you were beside me, that you hug me and tell me that everything was OK... like when as a filly I had a bad dream and you were comforting me.

In those moments in which I felt so lonely it was easier to blame you for not being by my side that remember my own mistakes... and Nigthmare Moon was becoming more and more stronger, until she could break the force that kept us there.

Even though Nightmare Moon has absolute control, a part of me was aware of all that was happening and tried to stop it... but without success... it was like being trapped inside a bad dream, withoug being able to intervene, only looking... Nigthmare Moon was simply too strong.

And then Twilight and her friends came, the Bearers of the Elements of Harmony... and I could sense the terror of Nightmare Moon facing the idea of disappearing... and, Oh! how I wanted that she disappeared and I could return to your side.

And then it happened... Nigthmare Moon disappeared... and I just couldn't look at your face, so ashamed that I felt. And then you asked me to come back to your side and I only could cry and run to you, telling you how much that I regretted it.

I know that you have forgiven me and that the rest of the ponies are also beginning to accept me... but I suppose that I still have to forgive myself. Frankly, I don't know if someday I will be able to do it.

So, until that day, in which I will be able to finally forgive myself, I will continue coming to this place every night, I will think about what I did, for more tears than these toughts bring to my eyes and I will keep repeating this words to myself:

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...