• Published 22nd Jan 2016
  • 344 Views, 2 Comments

The Other Mare - twilycorn



Rarity's relationship with the supposedly esteemed Fancy Pants leads to her reputation being tainted by scandal.

  • ...
 2
 344

Meeting Up

The time finally came for Fancy Pants and I to have a proper date. I expected to return to Canterlot, but he insisted that it would be better to go somewhere new. He thought maybe he could come to Ponyville, as he'd wanted to experience its 'rustic charm' for himself, and meet the new princess as well. I didn't think much of it at the time, and instead fawned over my illustrious lover coming to see me in the flesh and fur!

I took a trip to the spa, put on my fabulous cyan blue layered dress, accompanied by some new boots, and I waited at the train station for my escort. My friends were there for moral support, and out of curiosity.

"It'll be nice to meet your coltfriend again, Rarity," Twilight said. "Last time we got to talk to him, we were pretty unprepared." Spike stoof next to her, silently scowling (jealous little boy).

"I can't wait for him to see all of you again!"

"And you're sure he'll still like us?" Fluttershy asked.

I recalled the dinner party again, and how despite his status, Fancy Pants had found my friends endearing. The gentlecolt he was to me, I figured he'd love them still. "I wouldn't court him if he didn't." I was falling for him all again.

"You haven't seen him in so long!" Pinkie gasped. "What if he looks totally different? What if he shaved his cool mustache?!?!"

"It's only been eight or so months, Pinkie. Besides, we've been exchanging letters regularly," I reassured her. "He's such a charmer, his appearance won't matter."

Rainbow Dash elbowed me, smirking. "But I'm sure his appearance will bring some good to you, huh?" She wiggled her hips a little and made kissy noises. Applejack snickered.

I scoffed and smoothed out the wrinkles where Rainbow had elbowed me. "Show some class!" Though she was certainly right.

The train pulled up, and out walked my Fancy Pants. He sported a dark green tux and a black cap, as well as his usual monocle. And much to Pinkie's relief, his mustache was intact.

"Ooh, Fancy Pants!" I shouted, possibly a little too enthusiastically. I ran into him, nearly knocking us onto the tracks.
He smiled, kissing my cheek after we separated. "Rarity, I've missed your enthusiasm." He looked at the girls and Spike. "I see you've brought your friends. Are they, uh, accompanying us?"

"Oh, HAHAHAHA!" (Did I laugh too loudly?) "No, they're simply here for moral support."
"How kind." He walked over and nodded at them. "Nice to see you all again." He bowed to Twilight. "Especially you, princess."
Twilight glanced to the side. It must have felt so strange for new royalty to be treated this way by someone she used to hold in such high regard! "Oh, you can just call me Twilight. But thank you."
He kissed her hoof.

I looked at the clock and tapped Fancy's back. "Dear, our dinner is in twenty minutes."
He stopped looking at Twilight and looked back at me. "Oh, yes, well, we can afford to be fashionably late at worst. Not like you need any help being fashionable." I found that smooth. "If you aren't hungry, you can show me around the town?"

I nodded, "Most definitely! I'll see you girls later?"
They wished us good luck and let us leave. When Fancy Pants had his back turned, Rainbow made some suggestive gestures again. Twilight pulled her tail and she stopped.

"It's very different from Canterlot," I said to Fancy Pants as we entered Ponyville. "I hope you don't mind."
"Nonsense," he replied, "I love a change in venue. It spices things up a little. You can't spend too much time doing the same thing your whole life."
Talk about a double meaning!

Author's Note:

Suddenly had the urge to restart an old fic. Enjoyed the results.