• Published 28th Jul 2015
  • 1,395 Views, 13 Comments

Moonsick - FoxyCat



After the defeat of Chrysalis, Equestria seems to be at a time of peace. Seems.

  • ...
2
 13
 1,395

The Return

Author's Note:

Hey guys! I'm back! This chapter is mainly just a "briefing" to you about the plot of the story. Enjoy!

Laughing and giggling, the Mane 6 and co made their way out of the Haunted Orchard. "Applejack, you've outdone yourself again this Nightmare Night." Twilight, who has now returned back to her normal alicorn self, said with a smile.

Applejack chuckled and blushed. "D'aw, it was nothin'. Mah family and I love workin' on these attractions 'cause we love making Nightmare Night, well, fun!"

"My favorite part of the orchard is when Big Mac dressed up like a ghost and chased us down the path," Spike chimed in, laughing at the memory. He was about to say something else, but a burp interrupted him. A letter burst forth from the green flames that resulted from the burp, and he opened it and read it.

"Princess Twilight Sparkle,
The Princesses have requested that you come to Canterlot at once to discuss extremely urgent matters. Please, be cautious on the road to Canterlot, it is unsafe in the wilderness at the present time. Please make your way as fast as possible.
~Captain Featherhoof, Pegasus Royal Guard."

Each pony exchanged a glance with the other, beginning the long run to Equestria's capital.


Celestia was pacing in front of her throne, looking at the ground with a scowl. How could he have returned? Equestria is doomed, unless the Elements of Harmony bearers arrive. The doors to the throne room burst open, and Celestia looked up hopefully, but sighed internally. Just another squad of Royal Guardsmen. "Princess," the squad leader huffed. "More beasts have been reported attacking Manehatten. They're spreading like a plague!"

Celestia frowned. "We're running out of troops to send. Go to Manehatten and help with the fight. Remember! Don't let them bite you!" The unicorn squad nodded and ran back out of the throne room, on their way to aid in the defense of whatever city they could. "Fillydelphia, Trottingham, Baltimare, and now Manehatten?" Celestia muttered fretfully. "He's targeting the biggest cities..." Her thoughts were cut off again as the doors swung open.

"Princess Celestia!" Twilight gasped, skidding to a halt at the head of the group. "We came as quick as we could. What's going on? What's wrong?"

Celestia let out a long held breath. "Princess Twilight, you came." She motioned to her conference room. "Please follow me. There is much to discuss." It was without saying, every pony and dragon in the room was a little uneasy at the tone of the usually bright princess.

When everyone was seated around the round table in the conference area, Celestia began the briefing with a sigh. "It seems that the time of peace is over. An ancient being has returned to this land, and with him, he brings a curse so violent, that my father had to banish him to Tartarus for creating it, where he was to spend all eternity. But, apparently, due to the magical imbalance between good and evil, he has been awakened. His name is Grohiik, and he was the Spirit of the Moon for thousands of years before Princess Luna or I were born.

More than he wants to admit, he is much like a changeling. Yet he does not feed on love, oh no. Quite the opposite. He gains his strength from fear." She paused to take a breath. "And, other bad news. Princess Luna has gone missing, and Grohiik's magic is preventing me from raising the sun. He is holding this world in the night, and until he is defeated, I'm afraid there will be no more sunshine for a very long time." When she finished, Celestia surveyed her crowd. The Mane 6 and co all had their mouths open in absolute shock.

"W-what do you want us to do?" Twilight broke the silence. "I mean, there isn't much we can do to a GOD that is possibly HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS years old, is there?" She was out of her seat, pacing, already running through hundreds of plans. "And what is this curse? What happens if a pony is cursed?"

Celestia took a deep breath before getting into details. "This curse has been around longer than I, created by Grohiik during times of war. He has always been a dark soul, choosing violence as a solution to almost everything. This was at the beginning of the war between the dragons, and Grohiik suggested that they add a few... juggernauts to the military." She paused to survey the faces of her audience. "This curse is called lycanthropy. Ponies afflicted have short tempers, are very sensitive to hearing and smelling, and they change under the moonlight."

"What do you mean by 'change'?" Rainbow Dash asked. The others nodded, showing that they too had the same question.

"I mean transform." Celestia frowned and sat an ancient looking book on the table titled Lycanthropy: What It Is and How To Deal With It. A golden aurora surrounded the book and Celestia magically flipped to a drawing within it.

"The lycan is a wolf-beast, capable of spreading the curse through a bite. That's how Grohiik wanted to win the war, by turning the dragons against each other in his lycanthrope army."

"And what exactly what do you want us to do?" Fluttershy asked sheepishly. "I mean, you wouldn't have just called us to your private conference room to tell us that there's lycans running around again, right?"

Celestia smiled at the shy Pegasus. "No, I didn't summon you all here to tell you stories." She looked at each one of them, warmth and love in her intense gaze. "I need you all to bring the Elements of Harmony to defeat Grohiik. That is how my father banished him. That is how you will banish him. We do not know where he is at the moment, though. We-" She was cut off when the conference room doors burst open, revealing a Pegasus guard.

"Princess Celestia and Princess Twilight!" He panted. "The lycans are attacking Ponyville!"/center]