• Published 23rd Jul 2015
  • 1,291 Views, 5 Comments

The Curse Of The Mini-Were Mare - Night-Moon-12



Twilight and her friends heads to Canterlot to celebrate its founding. But shortly after the Demon Pony appears, a deadly creature known ad the Mini-Were Mare appears too. What is these creatures and what is their connection to Twilight's past and he

  • ...
3
 5
 1,291

Chapter 5: Preparations

From all over the festival grounds, many ponies hard works were trashed, ruined, scattered all over and still many other things. There were many that Twilight's group of friends saw how disappointed some ponies were that their decorations and set ups were all ruined, their hard work gone to waste.

"Goodness gracious!" Rarity spoke horrified, and looked around in seeing some ruined works of her's all scattered, much to her heartbreak, "My stylist dressers; my decorative de-cora! Haaah, even my lovely touches to this place! RUINED," Rarity yell out from so much gasping until... she fainted from over shock.

"My Apple Family's Apple Meals," Applejack yelp to inspect the destroyed Apple family's supplies of apples to meals made with apples, "Every one of them's been either trashed, or in some case, looked to have been eaten." The cow-girl pony stated with a puzzled face, it's like some wild animal came through here.

"AHHHHHHHHH..." Then there was a scream that alerted everypony, and they knew whose voice that was.

"Pinkie Pie; what happened?" Twilight Sparkle turn her head where she and the others saw the pink pony with a gapping mouth expression at what she was staring at.

"Waahahahaaaaah, all the party games I set into place are broken!" Pinkie Pie let out tears of sadness as her friends saw so many fun games, some more fit for little ponies, but there were other fun activities except they were smashed all over. "It was going to be so much fun, there was even dancing and singing involved! What kinda party is there without games?" The pink pony gaze to her friends who yelp at how much freaking out their friend was over doing this.

"Um, just a party without games," Spike slowly replied puzzled to reply an answer, too bad that was a bad calling with this one pony.

"EX-ACT-LY," Pinkie Pie scream right in front of Spike's face that was so loud, her voice ended up forcing the little dragon to fall off his balance backwards.

"Ouch, but what coulda caused so much damage?" Spike asks from standing up, trying to recover from Pinkie's loud outburst. "Unless it was by accident, think Derpy might have been here?" The dragon asks puzzled if the more accidental pony might have just pass through.

"No chance Spike! Fluttershy & me were with her during a Pegasus conference on how we'll perform for the festival. This stuff must have happened while we stayed up to plan everything before hitting our beds." Rainbow Dash protest the idea, stating that her, Fluttershy, even Derpy were with other Pegasus the whole time, giving them all alibis. "Besides that, she woulda told us if she done something by accident and needed help fixing it!" The dare-devil pony stated that knowing Derpy, if she caused a mess this huge, the Pegasus pony would have asked for help so it could be fix so no one would be upset.

The group did see Derpy pass through, trying to help bring a wagon of boards and tools to some ponies. But as she pulled too hard, the wagon hit one side of a loose wooden pole that brought a wrecked tent down on some ponies. They gave this crossed-eye pony the glare, but Derpy just smiled sheepishly for her mistake. But this was proof enough to Twilight's group that even Derpy wouldn't have caused this much trouble, all while the little fillies seemed... on edge.

Fluttershy was near some animals, she listened to them before looking to the others a bit cautious.

"Some of the animals say that their night friends saw something strange enter Canterlot, but they didn't see it because it was too dark. Some were somehow frightened by the appearance, almost like it was something not natural." Fluttershy spoke a bit slowly, carefully, yet worried in what she told her friends. Whatever came around Canterlot seem to even give her a tiny gulp from her neck in finding it all too scary.

"Well, that's a start, so whatever happened here, was started around the night time. Maybe Princess Luna could tell us if she saw something." Applejack state with the little evidence, though not enough, gave them an idea that it's a creature that works in the night.

"But what kinda creature would destroy such... beautiful decora?" Rarity almost spoke but used her magic to held back tears while whimpering a bit on how ruined her work was.

"Maybe it's the Timber Wolves who are the culprits!" Rainbow Dash was the first to point out the accusing finger in who's to blame.

"Naw, don't sounds like them. Everypony in 'dis whole place would have heard their howling fer miles away." Applejack rejects the idea, the wolves maybe night predators, but they give a 'call' when they act.

"Wait! I got it! It's some party ruining menace going around to stop us from having fun! The fiend," Pinkie Pie spoke out in clear serious mode from figuring out who the true culprit was and what its mission was.

"Pinkie Pie, I doubt that's even close to who or what we're talking about." Twilight Sparkle raised an eye before shaking her head at such a silly idea, she just found her group of friends and from the look her eyes gave she hadn't been able to rest at all.

Suddenly, Fluttershy noticed that the CMC group of Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, even Nyx was being very shy from speaking from what they were seeing here. "Are you all okay? You seem almost as quiet as me during this whole time we were talking." The shy pony knows that such situations can make some pony feel scared, or sometimes, nervous about something that's being kept hidden.

"Oh, it's cause... um... girls." Sweetie Belle tried to think up something but was getting nothing at all.

"We're... trying to do that Quiet Game you told us that one time!" Apple Bloom state out all of a sudden, using that as an excuse for why they were being so very quiet.

"Yeah, we're trying really hard at it. Right Nyx," Scootaloo nod with a fake smile before nudging Nyx, who seem distracted, to wake up in hearing that.

"Um... right. That..?" Nyx slowly responded in seeing what the fillies were trying to do as they all felt like they themselves shouldn't say what they saw last night.

"Oh, I see." Fluttershy made a little smile in hearing this; she was also very surprised to hear this. The last time she tried to have the CMC play the quiet game, it didn't go too well.

"Uh, what's 'dat?" Applejack asks as she points to something nearby.

Twilight turns and gasps. Some of the ponies gather to what appeared to be a huge hole in a building wall. It appears to be in the shape of some sort of monstrous pony. The Pegasus guards push through while stating, "All right, move aside, move aside! We need to get some evidence from the crime scene."

"One thing for sure: whatever came out last night is a pony... but a monster! Or Two!" Rainbow exclaims. The gang couldn't help but notice how Twilight appears to be pale from the sight of the hole. She knew what had caused this, and there was no denying it. The Demon Pony and The Mini-Were Mare had returned.

--------------

Celestia ordered a Canterlot meeting to discuss the attack from last night. Some of the ponies were in an uproar that their hard work was ruined by some sort of monster. The Mane Six, the fillies, Spike, Shining and Cadance are with the princesses up front.

"Everyone, calm down; everyone," Celestia calls out, trying to get everypony's attention but they kept on talking so loudly, it's hard for her to talk.

"Wow, I haven't heard this much uproar since Rainbow Dash insulted the Twilight book fans!" Rarity exclaims while Rainbow roll her eyes at this comment. The Pegasi's comments during one of her e-mails got her banned from Transylvania and got her into a bit of trouble.

"EVERYONE BE SILENT!" Princess Luna booms out her Royal Canterlot Voice, causing everypony in the room to be silent. Well, almost.

"...and then I said, 'oatmeal, are you crazy?'" Pinkie remarks, unaware that everypony is silent. That is until she notices and looks sheepish. "Oh."

"Thank you, Luna." Celestia said in relief. "Though I think you came in a bit strong with your voice."

"Forgive me, Tia, but the coffee you gave me got me on the edge." Luna admits while drinking some more of the coffee in a mug floating via by magic. "Kept me up all day but difficult for me to keep track of the night."

"Ahem, all right, listen. I know you all have complaints about the damages that happened last night. So please issue them out now so I may hear them."

"Some monster came into the night last night and destroyed our hard work!" One pony cries out.

"And eaten our snacks and cause property damage!" Another pony complains.

"Where was the Royal Guard? I thought we were supposed to be protected from something like this again!" Twinkleshine complains.

"Look, it isn't our fault. This happened right under our noses!" Shining explains, defending himself and his troops. "It's like some sort of wild animal came throughout the shadows and knew his way through Canterlot without detection."

"It wasn't an animal; it was a pony like monster!" Joe exclaims in terror as he drops some of the pastries that the Demon Pony snacked on that has huge bite marks. "My place of business got ruined! I saw it! His fur is black as midnight; he has red burning eyes and has teeth like a wolf! I was likely to get out of that confrontation with my life! And there was another a lean matted fured pony with lilac eyes, wolf like teeth, a navy blue, rose and lavender mane with a tail to match and a dark lavender coat."

"What kind of creature is that?" Cadance ask in shock and bewilderment. Twilight's friends of course notice that she is beginning to gets more pale than ever; Suspicious.

"It's not such a creature, it's a demon!" A familiar voice cries out. The ponies saw Nexus coming in with a grim look. "It is a monster that once attacked Canterlot before in the past. And now, it has returned to plague and terrorize us all!"

"Ugh, what's Nexus doing here?" Rainbow groans a bit. The Pegasus pony barely trusts that guy after his involvement with the Nightmare Moon cult.

"Relax, Rainbow Dash, Nexus wasn't really behind his actions none during 'dat time." Applejack reminds Rainbow seriously.

"I still don't like what he did."

"Are you sure, Nexus?" Celestia ask, concerned for some reason.

"I am positive! The monster has eyes that looks like the devil of Tartarus itself can pierce right through your soul!" Nexus exclaims grimly. "No unicorn magic can pierce it and once it gets you, you cannot escape! His rampages and viciousness knows no boundaries! Prepare to repent for whatever trouble you have caused and beware, less you suffered the wrath of... the Demon Pony'!" And there's another, it's a lean matted fured pony with lilac eyes, wolf like teeth, a navy blue, rose and lavender mane with a tail to match and a dark lavender coat. The Mini-Were Mare!"

The Pegasus guards removes a sheet off a sketch that shows the monster pony hole that Twilight and her friends has saw. That, along with Nexus's warning, is enough to cause most of the ponies in the room to scream and preparing to run in terror.

Suddenly a gunshot is heard, quieting everypony down. An annoyed Shining snaps, "Okay, who fired that shot?"

Everypony saw Boris and his goons coming into the room, the red stallion is the one using his magic to fire the shot to quiet everypony down. An annoyed Celestia said, "Boris, I told you not to fire that thing indoors."

"Forgive me, princess, but it's the only way to calm everypony down. Now, honestly, 'Demon Pony'. Sounds like Nexus here is still recovering from being Nightmare Moon's own stooge," Boris chuckles making Nexus frowns a bit. "Or am I the only one who hasn't forgotten that she is in the room now?"

"Hey, my name is Nyx! Not Nightmare Moon anymore, you creep!" Nyx snaps to Boris in annoyance.

"Whatever. No, these damages are caused by something other than a myth. I mean, demon pony, really. It's probably caused by Nightmare Moon herself."

Some of the ponies begin to mutter as if taking what Boris said in consideration. Cadance in annoyance points out, "Boris, my aunt told me that Luna took her powers and her own memories back from Nyx. The little filly isn't even much of a threat to cause all these damages last night. And even if that wasn't the case, since Twilight here is her mother..." Twilight nods in agreement at that. "...I doubt that Nyx would disappoint her by causing the damages now."

"Right, unless you have some proof that Nyx has become a terror again." Twilight said to Boris seriously. The stallion looks dumbstruck. To be honest, he doesn't have any proof of his accusations against Nyx at all that she was behind the rampage last night.

"Looks like they got you there, Boris," Boxco comments making Boris glares at him.

"Well...okay, I am not stubborn to admit when I was wrong." Boris remarks with a shrug. "These damages were caused by some sort of monster or..."

"A Demon Pony," Nexus snaps as he confronts while holding a part that has claw marks on it. "Have you forgotten that you reported this creature as a colt years ago!"

--------------

That night, the Mane Six, Spike and the CMC arrived back in Twilight's parents' house, the purple unicorn having vanished as everyone else start packing essentials needed for tracking the Demon Pony.

Early...

"Okay, we will need ropes, some cages, and what we normally use to track down and stop any threats to Equestria." Twilight said sternly.

"Twilight, forgive me but is this matter is to save Canterlot or a personal matter?" Fluttershy ask Twilight. "Of course, if you don't want to say, that's fine."

"That is fine, okay?" Twilight ask with a groan. "But if you must know: this is indeed a personal matter!"

"Whoa!" Rainbow exclaims in shock and surprise, "A personal matter; with some creature that scratched that bully's face?"

"Twilight, when would yew care about 'dat?" Apple Bloom ask Twilight skeptically.

"Look, I don't care about Boris's scratches! This is a different personal matter!" Twilight snaps to her friends sternly.

"Shucks, whatever it is, doesn't make any difference any." Applejack remarks, not seeing how this is personal to Twilight.

"You don't understand!" Twilight cries out with tears in her eyes. "Ben was taken by that monster!"

That got the other ponies and the dragon to gasp in shock and horror; Twilight's old boyfriend taken by the Demon Pony?

"Wait; wait, is that how Ben disappeared, mommy?" Nyx ask Twilight in shock, "Because he was spirited away?"

"Right, Dum-Dum said that a colt was 'spirited away' years ago... and it was Ben!" Twilight explains with a sad sigh. "That incident led to me not making much friends until I met you girls."

"Well, that explains some part of your past that you refused to explore." Spike remarks with a frown. Twilight pretty much prefers to not speak about that part of her past as it's too sad to talk about.

"No wonder you were neglecting us at first!" Rarity said in shock and sympathy.

"How did that happen?" Rainbow asked in concern.

"I... I saw it myself years ago. It was on the night after I got my cutie mark and became Celestia's student..." Twilight sighs in sadness as she goes into a part of her past, once that the mare tries not to reveal until now...

--------------

Twilight was so excited. She is now Princess Celestia's student. Oh, what an honor to be one! Her parents and brother were excited as she is.

Before Twilight went to the school for her fateful exam, she met up with Ben and arranged a special meeting at a certain part of Canterlot so that Twilight will give him the good news as well as her answer.

"Oh, I can't wait to tell Ben." Young Twilight said in delight. "He's going to be so happy... and much more, once I give him my answer."

Twilight found the place where she and Ben were going to meet. She chose the nighttime, because the filly found it to be a romantic moment to be with him... alone.

Of course, Twilight looks around in a puzzled matter. Strange; Shouldn't Ben be here by now?

"Ben? Where are you?" Twilight asked in concern.

Twilight looks worried. Have Ben forgotten or was threatened by Boris to not come? Just then, a crashing noise is heard, making the filly turn in alarm.

"W-w-who's there?" Twilight asked in fear, "Ben? Is that you?"

Suddenly, something lands in front of Twilight, startling the filly. She looks up and gasps in terror as Twilight saw some sort of furry black huge pony with red eyes, wolf-like teeth, a black mane and a black tail.

The creature turned to Twilight and noticed her. He appears to be growling, shaking the poor filly up. What is this creature? What does it want?

The creature advances on Twilight who protested, "No... no, don't!"

The whole thing was too much for Twilight to take. She faints to the ground floor, her vision fades as the monster look over her...

--------------

"After I woke up, I found out that Ben was reported missing by Boris, spirited off by the monster who scratched the bully's face." Twilight explained sadly, "That was why I decided not to make any more friends for a while, until I met you guys back in Ponyville." A look of determination came onto her face as she said, "And now I'm determined to take the Demon Pony to either avenge Ben or find out what exactly happened to him."

"Twilight... we understand." Rainbow said with a nod. "And we wanna help you."

"Right, we will at least help yew track 'dis Demon Pony down an' see if it knows anything about Ben." Applejack remarks with a smile. "We are wit' yew thick an' thin."

"Yeah," Pinkie exclaims with a smirk. "Don't count me out of this party!"

After that Twilight went upstairs only she didn't come back, the girls checked her old only to find it empty and deserted. Twilight was missing... again.

"Yeah," Nyx and the CMC exclaims excitedly.

"Sorry, you fillies can't come." Rarity said sternly to the disappointed fillies.

"Awww, why not?"

"You know why! It's too dangerous and that Demon Pony almost killed you last night."

"Spike, watch the girls." Rarity said to Spike as she gets the final preparations done. "Don't let them out of the house for any reason."

"Ugh, great. I've always been left out of the cool stuff." Spike groans a bit. Great, Twilight and the Five of the Mane Six are going after the Demon and he's stuck being the foalsitter!

Oh, well, that's life!

---------

"Who does that filly thinks she is?" Boris groans as he sat in his chair at the Canterlot pub. His minions come to him with mugs of Apple Cider. "That's the second time that Twilight has humiliated me in public. No one does that to Boris."

"You're so right." Boxco said with a sigh as he gave a mug to Boris.

"First, I was almost scared out of my mind. Second, I was denied my hunt! It's too much to bear!"

Boris tosses the apple cider mug into the fireplace, causing a blaze. The red stallion got out and heads to the door as Dum-Dum ask stupidly, "More apple cider?"

"What's the use? It won't help now." Boris groans as he leaves the pub. The hunter decides to get out to clears out his head.l Not like he got anything planned for right now anyway.

As Boris heads away from the pub, he heard a voice, "Ahem." The stallion turns and saw a cloaked figure nearby, "Greetings. Do you wish to have that mare for the rest of your life?"

"That depends. Who are you?"

"My name is not important and..." The cloaked figure then took off his hood to show his face. Of course, we don't see it but Boris does, much to the stallion's shock and alarm.

"Wait, hang on!" Boris exclaims in shock. "You look like..."

The figure silences him while putting his hood back up before Boris could say the name. He then continues, "Listen; to win Twilight, you must destroy the Demon Pony. Do so and you will be seen as a true hero and have what you want."

Boris asks, "Why should I take orders from you?" Why should he, the greatest hero in Canterlot, take orders from someone like... him?

The figure's claws begin to crackle and he zaps Boris with lightning until the jerk exclaims, "Okay, okay, I will do it!" The cloaked one let up his attack, making the red stallion groans. "Perhaps I will find a way..."

As Boris leaves, the figure chuckles and states, "What a fool... That ego of his is bound to get him killed. But still, if he takes down that beast before should he dies, that means two other wastes of space are out of the way." He then summons a sphere in his hand which shows Twilight.

"Twilight Sparkle, faithful student of Princess Celestia; Bah," The figure mocks the unicorn as he crushes the orb. "You will join Starlight soon enough." As green fire surrounds him, the figure adds quietly, "And MY brother..."

The cloaked figure disappears as if there's no trace of him at all...