• Published 10th Apr 2016
  • 477 Views, 0 Comments

This week on My Little Pony - pinkie_is_the_bae



Twilight has been working for months on creating a satellite that transmits TV and radio from our world to Equestria, but when the ponies of Equestria watch it for the first time, they don't know what to think.

  • ...
 0
 477

Chapter One

Twilight took another sip of her energy drink. She had asked Pinkie to make her the most energy packed drink she could make. It tasted like cotton candy and chemicals. This was Twilights third all nighter this week, and she was exausted. She didn't want to waste any time on sleep. Sleep is for the weak she thought to herself. Besides, it will all be worth it when she saw the astonished looks on the ponies faces. Twilight wiped the sweat and grease off of her brow. She looked at the nearly completed machine in front of her and smiled. She only had to secure a few more screws and wires before her glorious creation was finished. Maybe ten or twenty more minutes. She sighed and got back to work.

"FINISHED!!!" Spike woke up with a scream, and turned his head towards Twilight. She was covered in soot and grease, and she was beaming. "It took seven month but I'm finally finished." Twilight was standing next to a large machine which resembled a satellite of sorts. It had wires sticking out from every direction, and it was hastily painted silver.

"Twi, its two in the morning. Why aren't you asleep?" Spike yawned.

"I was so close to finishing, I didn't want to stop." Spike yawned again. "Can you finally tell me what it is? You've been keeping it a secret for months!"

Twilight beamed. "You'll find out once everyone gets here! Which according to my clock is..... in ten hours! Oh my gosh, is ten hours even enough time to get ready? I have to prepare a speech!" She lifted the machine with her magic and carefully moved it to the library. She gingerly set down the machine, and double checked the library. She had already set up refreshments in the library, and had carefully arranged the chairs so everyone could see. She sat down and began her speech...

Ten hours later, ponies started to file into the library of Twilights castle. They stared in awe at the machine, and sat down. Twilight was behind the machine triple checking that everything was in place. She heard excited murmering from the audience, and took that as her cue to start. She stepped in front of the machine and cleared her throat.

"Hello everypony! Thank you so much for coming to the unveiling of the machine. So basically," Twilight explained, "the satellite connects itself to the portal mirror, and it uses the mirror's charge to transfer the TV signals from 'Earth' and bring them here to Equestria!" She smiled at the confused looking ponies. "Just watch and you'll see."

After she finished talking, she looked out to the crowd. A considerable amount of ponies showed up, she was only expecting her friends, but the cutie mark crusaders were there, Miss Cheerilee, Big Mac, Derpy..... Even the princesses showed up. Twilight smiled to herself, and began to power up the machine. It flickered on, and began to buzz. A bright light shot out of the machine towards the projector, and a loud voice came from the speakers. The picture showed a picture of a strangely orange skinned man in a black suit.

"Donald Trump lost the presidential race by a landslide! Millions of Americans cheer with glee as Hilary Clinton swears herself into office."

The crowd stared in awe at the screen, and spontaneously erupted into cheers.

Celestia smiled at Twilight, and gave a nod of approval. Twilight felt pride bubbling within her. Applebloom looked at excitedly at Twilight and asked, "Twilight, are there any other shows?"

Twilight smiled and used her magic to change the channel several times until she stopped at channel 215. Another loud voice came from the speaker, but this time, it was her own.

"Moondancer, I'm so sorry I didn't go to your party, but I hope I can make it up with this." The screen showed a picture of Canterlot, and a small party at what looked like Moondancer's house.

"This was last Saturday! But how can it be...." Twilight looked back at the screen. She and Moondancer were now hugging. Millions of thoughts began to swarm in her head like wasps, each thought more deadly then the last. If this was the TV channel from earth, how can they see us? See me? Are they watching us? If so, then with what? What if they try to take over Equestria and kill us all? Oh god...

The Television began to talk again. "We'll be right back to My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic right after this break." All of a sudden, the screen changed. There were strange creatures, playing with what looked to be Pinkie. "She walks, she talks, she even eats! The new Pinkie Pie doll can be found at your local Target!"

Pinkie looked confused and shocked. "I'm a doll? This is so confusing.." The crowd erupted into a confused and paranoid chaos. Then came the sound of a regal voice that seemed to calm everyone down.

"Twilight, maybe it would be best for you to turn that off. My loyal subjects, please return to your houses. The royal court will gather immediately to discuss what we have all witnesses. In the mean time, please do not mention this to any other ponies, until the princesses and I can come up with a logical explanation for this. Thank you."

The ponies all filed out of the room. They all murmured amongst themselves, and soon the room was empty, except for the princesses and the Mane Six. Everypony had shocked and worried expressions on their faces, and looked towards Celestia in hopes that she would reassure them that their fears were irrational.

"Come, My Little Ponies, let us gather in the meeting room." Celestia said in a hushed, worried tone. "There is much to be discussed."

Author's Note:

This is my second story. I am planning on making it five chapters? More or less. Thanks for reading. comments are welcome. :pinkiehappy: