• Published 11th Jul 2015
  • 442 Views, 2 Comments

Burst your bubble - Verzeih Turncoat



Why does everything the CMC is doing turn into a catastrophe?

  • ...
 2
 442

Burst

Small hooves left their trail in the Everfree Forest as five foals stampeded in the middle of the night towards Ponyville. Panic on their faces as if the headless horse himself was after them. They were knocking like crazy on the door and screaming: "DINKY! WAKE UP! YOUR MOTHER HAS GONE MAD!" The door opened a tired and annoyed looking mare stood infront of the foals. The young ponies screamed.

"Do you know how late it is? As I said you are always welcome I thought about daytime."

A door in the back of the living room opened a sleepy unicorn filly stepped slowly towards the the crowd in front of her home. Applebloom was the first that found her voice: "Derpy is here? But who was the mare at the cutiemark pond?"

"Cutiemark what", Derpy yawned.

"Ya know the where we got our cutiemarks!" She pointed her hoof at Scootaloos flank. Only, that it was blank.

"MOM!" Dinky yelled out loud. At once Derpy was wide awake for what ever her daugther needed to say: "What happend to YOUR cutiemark?!" Everypony looked at Derpys flank. The seven bubbles were gone instead there was a cutiemark consist of three muffins.

After a moment of shock Derpy spoke to the foals, especially the Cutiemark Crusaders: "What have you done to the memorial of my ancestor?" Horror was on the young ponies face as they connected the events in the Everfree Forest with a tomb. The thin filly fainted.

Scootaloo concluded: "We might have resurrected your ancestor..."

"The mare looked alot like you, thought", added Sweetie Belle.

Derpy pressed them all of the sudden: "Quick how did she act!! Where did she go? Did she say something?" The grey pegasus wings had been spread already. Sweetie Belle told her that the mare in the woods was confused to only see five foals - and only one of them a pegasus. The armored pegasus then had asked them where Celestia would be and they had answered her.

"She was very intimidating, I didn´t thought about it", admited Sweetie Belle. Derpy got airborne as soon as she heard that.

"Dinky -" Derpy ordered, "-run to Spike. If necessary break a window. He has to send a crisis alert to the princesses and alarm the royal guard."

"Why?" Applebloom wanted to ask, but the grey mare was already a few feet in the air.

She suddenly stopped in her movement for a moment shouting down to the foals: "He better informs the Wonderbolts. If that is really Stormcloud, we need ponies trained in air combat not a mixed up clusterfuck of royal guards."

Derpy and Dinky part ways immediately, while the Cutiemark Crusaders was dumbfounded at the crass words the normally so nice pegasus had spoken, but they soon jumped after Dinky. The colt tried to wake the thin filly up, who was still fainted.

Derpy begged that the foals just had made a very sick joke with her as she headed towards Canterlot Castle. The sky was cloudy what could only make things worse if they had not.




The four foals run towards the Ponyville Castle. "Is the mare dangerous?" Scootaloo asked Dinky while running. "Dinky?"

"Hey Dinky?!"

The greyish pruple unicorn cried out at them while still kept her pace: "Why must everything with you end in a disaster?! Do you know how long I dreamed to meet her? To ask her why she did all these things... And than you girls just showed up and send her on another rampage!!" Scootaloo stumbled over her hooves as Dinky screamed at her with tears in her angry eyes.




Stormcloud swung herself higher and higher into the air. She wasn´t happy at all, but if nopony - but five foals - was standing up against the tyrant then so it be. She could have been halfway to Canterlot by now, instead she was gathering - as fast as she could - clouds. Pulling them around her hip and along her wings. The cloud mass evergrowing on her way to the castle. More and more firepower to destroy the hated enemy.





Spike had been sleeping in the throne room as the fillies woke him up. "Spike, a letter fast", Scootaloo had bursted out towards him.

"Can´t this wait till morning?"

"No, by then it would be to late!" Applebloom amplifies.

Spike yawned: "What ever you did I am sure Applejack will forgive you, now let me sleep." Spike got a hoof to his head. "What´s the deal?"

"You will write now!" Spike looked into very upset golden eyes. Up to this point he could not even imagine how an upset Dinky would have looked like; but now. The little unicorn had a weird mix of emotion on her face. Her eyes were crying while being angry and determined at the same time. Her ears pinned down to the side of her head as if she did not wants to do what she did. Her lips trembling while she spoke, still managing to speak loud and clear: "These idiots have somehow released Stormcloud. A letter to Princess Celestia. Now!"

Spike sat down with quil and paper writing the crisis alert to the Wonderbolts.

"Emergency - Look out for a pegasus heading from the Castle of the two Sisters to the Canterlot Castle. Probably approaching fast and dangerous. Details following later. - High Secretary Spike the dragon." In his green flames the message was out.

The young dragon looked stern at the fillies: "I need all the information you have about the enemy. If she is half the mare that Celestia had banished. The wonderbolts need any information..."

"Ha! Ah told ya she is no Zombie."

"Yeah yeah you got it right." Spike and Dinky shared a baffeld look as they heard what Applebloom and Scootaloo were fighting about. Sweetie Belle repeated what she had told back at Derpy´s house: "She did look alot like Derpy."

"Don´t say that", Applebllom and Scootaloo said together.

"But she did..."

"Have ya not heard what Spike jus told?"

"But..."

"No, buts. If you say she looks like Derpy the Wonderbolts will attack her!!!"

The dragon rose one of his scaly eyebrow: "If they look that similar... What about her cutiemark?"

Sweetie Belle answered with a clueless expression: "We could not see it, it was covered under an golden armor."

Spike shaked his head over their obliviousness and put the quill on another piece of paper. "ANYTHING ELSE I should put in the second letter?" Scootaloo remembered the patch and the bridles.

Dinky had sat aside, thinking, with low voice she brought up another point: "The thunderstruck eagle..." Everypony - plus Spike - was looking at her not understanding what she was referring to. Dinky also noticed that she had talked out loud a part she didn´t wanted, but a crucial part and she decided to inform Spike: "Tell them they have to clear the sky around Canterlot. If family history is right, Stormcloud gets more dangerous the more clouds are around her."




Only the head stick out ouf the rumbling, grey cloud mass covering her body. The ancient war pony stroke her wings - The long trails attached to them moving along. Her wings seemed six times their size. Pulling the long, chubby body of clouds behind her. The golden helmet and the blond hair gave the whole thing an almost bird like appearance.





Scootaloo asked Dinky: "If Stormcloud is that dangerous, why is your mother after her?"

"That is the reason!"

"But..."

"My mom flew alongside the Wonderbolts against Tirek despite that they did not want her there!"




The sky infront of her got cleaned more and more stars brighten the dark heaven. Clouds perished around Canterlot. The enemy has taken action Stormcloud smiled, to late Celestia I already have a stormfront and I will bring them to you. The covered mare noticed a swarm coming towards her position and thought: "Well I AM the closes cloud." She went over to floating and waited for the pegasi to get closer.

"Don´t just look for clouds-" the mare in the center of the group shouted "-The subject is a grey mare. She will be hard to spot." Two ponies get closer two bust the massive cloud, as the cloud swiflty moved forward. An electric pulse went through their wings. Numb, they came into a tailspin. Other pegasi jumped to help them so they would not crush many feet down on the ground. The giant grey cloud flashed up in multiple lightnings.

"Enemy encounter!"

"What?!"

"Inside..." The cloud sprung into action, spread wings like it was a sentient being. The golden helmet like a beak. Catching as many pegasus - with a spin of her body - into her right wing as she could, Stormcloud released another burst of electricity taking out as many ponies as possible. However the ancient mare was in for a nasty suprise. The mares and stallions whom she had not covered the wings or face had not gone numb.

"Lightning Proof suits? What are you, cowards!?" Thunder roars like the exclamation mark for the sentence.

A fierce battle battle broke loose, the blue and yellow covered mares dodging the thunderstruck eagle while trying to bust the dense cloud. Parts of the cloudbody got destroyed but nealry everytime it did another pegasus gone with it. The leadpony screamed commands to their wingponies. Thunder and Lightning everywhere! A wonderbolt was able to cut of the wing extension on her left, but the - still - covered mare was able to catch it before it got fizzled. Slowly reducing the cloud mass of the giant beast the Wonderbolts managed to get closer. An orange maned mare came finally into reach to examine her enemys face. The wonderbolt rushed over the back and took a good hunk of cloud of it. This skilled flier performed a tight revers loop and came back in aggravating speed, screaming angry: "Derpy Hooves! Are you finally showing your true colors?!"

Stormcloud had turned already and replied: "Wanna see how derp my hooves are!" As the mare came closer the ancient pony jumped out of the cloud and drop kicked her out of the sky. It was a mistake. Without direct contact to the cloud the few remaining wonderbolts nearly destroyed the rest of the cloud.




The fillies and Spike were looking towards Canterlot as if they could see anything from this distance. Ludicrous they could not see anything.





The fight was over. Stromcloud was mad of rage. Her special weapon reduced to just two fraction of clouds, one for each wing and only double her normal wingspan. No more clouds on the way to Canterlot. If she would restock somewhere than Celestia would have time to strengthen her protection. So it was on, she had to reach the castle with those pesky lightning proof ponies out of the way. The tyrant was way to good prepared for this attack anyway!

Her troops out of the way, a special force against her most dangerous attacks and cutting of the supply. That old witch had stepped up her war game. Canterlot came closer every second. The unicorn city of greed, how fitting that you resident here - thought the grey pegasus.
The second defensive line made Stormcloud laugh. Maybe Celestia had put all her hope in the first line. The royal guard pegasi flew up to her. All stallions in golden armor. "What is that!? Celestia sending her harem to fight!?"

A calm luring voice answered on that insult, it muddled Stormclouds brain: "This would be unfitting. These are my guards." From a nearby tower, there floated in a tall, dark blue mare. She had horn, wings and a mane like the night itself.

Impossible, Stormcloud remembered this mare. The Night Mare, Luna. The princess, who had fight alongside the Pegasopolis Regime for Horizons safekeep. "You are dismissed, I will not need any assist with this one." The guard obeyed her order and flew away to their positions or back home to sleep. Only Luna and Stormcloud have been left, floating over Canterlot Castle. "This must be very confusing for you old friend. So many things have happend", Luna embraced the mare infront of her. Their heads lying on each others back. The princess, she was back. Luna spoke soft to her: "I will help you."

The cloudcovered wings shoot up against Lunas head. Then multiple thunders were roaring as flashes went directly to the Alicorns skull.

Stormcloud curses herself and Celestia - mostly Celestia - how could she fall for this obvious ploy that hated Alicorn had prepared? The royal WE. Luna would have never spoken that softly and intimately it is not right for a princess. The mare remembered the night of the last battle for Horizon and the words Luna said: "WE SHALL GO STRAIGHT THOU SHALL FLANK THOSE SIDE." It had been a quick fight against the last stand of the rebellion.

Only now the lightning stopped, the lifeless body slipped off her back. This will you pay me double Celestia, were the last word before the grey mare entered the castles throne room right through a window. In fragments of broken colorful glas all over the floor stood Stormcloud finally infront of her enemy. The incarnation of evil sat on her throne as if nothing had happend. Her horn three times as long as that of a normal unicorn. Her wings mesmerizing and powerful - dangerous. To top it all of she was tall as a Saddle Arabian horse. Twice the hight of her subjects. This is the white mare who killed and banished her way to the top and after she got rid of her enemies she had started - and by now most likely finished - to get rid of her allies.

"So it really is you, General Stormcloud."

"Don´t try to smooth talk me, Celestia!!! I defeated your army and your assassin! You had better run as you had the chance!"

The white Alicorn had no idea who this assassin was suppose to be, so she just told her: "If I had run you would have terrorized the city to find me." Her horn light up in a warm golden aura. Stormclouds hooves hit a magical shield of the same color.

With dissapointing eyes and a monotone voice the ruler of Equestria said: "I was hoping you would have calmed down in the water."

"Stone weathered, water is patient!"

Celestia smirks at the mare on the shield: "And the storm rages on?"

"EXACTLY!!!" The golden horseshoes crashed rapidly against the magical shield. Celestias eyes widen as the shield begans to crack. With every chip breaking out of her shield, a flash shot out of the remaining clouds in Stormclouds wings. "You thought I don´t know HOW to fight magic?"

A grey blur shoved her hooves deep in the side of Stormcloud. Two grey mare, practical twins, were lying in front of the Alicorn. Stormcloud stared at the mare that had shove her over. "Is this another trick of yours?" Derpy stood up, as did her ancestor, standing between her and the alicorn.

"You have to stop it. Princess Celestia is not evil. She brought us peace." Derpy clinged to Stormcloud as she tried to jump at Celestia again.

"What is that suppose to be? My inner struggle? You crossed the line when you banished Princess Luna!!!" The clouded wings touched Derpy shocking her but to surprise of the mare she didn´t loose her grip.

"Nightmare Moon tired to kill me, so she could rule over Equestria herself."

"LIES! LUNA WOULD NOT DO THAT! YOU WOULD!!! KEEP YOUR DIRTY STINKING LIES TO YOURSELF!!!" Another flash hits Derpy. Even stronger than the last one. Stormcloud punched Derpy in the face over and over again. Blood running down her forehead. "Let me go you freaking doppelganger!"

"I don´t", Derpy cired out awaiting the next lightning or punch. The hoof came.

"I have to stop this tyrant!" The grey mare holding her back cried her face wet from blood, sweat, tears and snot.

This mare replied to her in a manner that stopped her track: "I have to stop my hero, because there is nopony to rescue."

Stormcloud just stood there looking in that determined but sad face. For the first time in a very long time she questioned her actions. "Who are you?"

For the first time since the start of battle Princess Celestia spoke up to Stormcloud: "She is your legacy. A thousand years of blood shame, passing through every generation." Stormcloud had to take that in.

It has took one thousand years to gather five hundred ponies to break the banishment. Her army was not stolen away, they were dead, died on old age before the next one unhappy with Celestias reign appeared. Stormcloud had to sit down, Derpy still clinged to her. One thousand years... ONE THOUSAND YEARS!!! The mare in her golden armor had a terrible realization. Her voice was trembling as she asked: "Did Princess Luna ever returned?"

"Yes, my sister had returned to my side."

Emptiness filled her whole body. "Kill me."- Stormcloud fell on the ground before Celestia -"Kill me. I killed your sister. Kill me."

The sound of hooves echoed over in the hallway. "We do not approve this request..." A frazzled Luna stumbled into the room. Her legs barely supporting her weight. "If we have to talk in the royal we to make you trust us. We will do."

Derpy still holding her tight, her voice almost not to be hear: "Thank you Princess Luna..." The two sister standing together infront of the ancestor and the descendant.

Stormcloud still insisted on her punishment: "I did horrible feats, you still have to banish me."

Celestia closed her eyes slowly nodding, but it was Luna who spoke up: "That night was to dark for all of us, it´s time for you to see some light."

Celestia looked at her sister in surprise, than a smile formed around her snout. "Indeed." The royal sisters granted amnesty to Stormcloud. Derpy Hooves smile but looked at her new cutiemark.

"This will take some time to get used too."