• Published 19th Jun 2015
  • 4,732 Views, 55 Comments

The Sword that is the Scabbard - Boyzilla



Brought into another land, world, or realm, it makes no difference. The scabbard shall continue the search for his Saber. The one whom gave all meaning to him. He is Sword, a tempered steel made with blood of fire, a blade that seeks to be a Hero.

  • ...
10
 55
 4,732

The Great Fire of Yanhoover

The Sword that is the Scabbard

Chapter 1: The Great Fire of Yanhoover

A fire, a red flame that burns the buildings all around, people crying out, crying out to save them. Crying out prayers, crying out curses, trying to live. People trying to save others, only to die themselves. Parents trying to save their children, but they burned all the same. Heroes trying to rise up, rise up and save them, but are cut down by fire and magic, magic and fire.

The fires continue to spread, leaving charred ashes of wood, and black skinned bodies of its victims, their souls gone from the world, asking why, why all the mindless destruction? Why the death of so many? Why the taking of so many futures?

Pillars of smoke continuously fill the air, the taste of ash filling the lungs of the weeping, the burning, the dying, the living. Endless seas of red and orange flames decorating the surviving buildings, the once green grasses, and beautiful gardens, turning them into destroyed mockeries of themselves.

This city, Yanhoover, a once great and proud beacon of the Equestrian civilization, reduced to a burning husk.

The one responsible, a villain, a single villain who's sole desire is the destruction of the people whom imprisoned her.

A pyrokinectic user, the one known as, Mors Flamma, a strange name befitting the translation into death flame. A small sized female minotaur, who's history is derived in fire and bloodshed.

The people, are not of humanity, they are of pony-kind.

"How does it feel, ponies, to be entrapped in your own city? It may not be the prison bars of Tartarus! But I'm sure the fires I gathered from it are a suitable substitute!" The voice of Mors Flamma yelled through the screams of the dying, toward the city's populace.

A mare cries out, filled with emotion, tears streaming down her eyes, "Please, stop this! Please!"

The female minotaur, whose fur coat is as crimson as the flames around them, turns to the voice.

"And who are you to stop me?" Mors questions, a grin on her face, pleasure from the surrounding death coursing through her. She looked toward the mare, royal purple hue of the coat covered with gray marks of ash, mane unruly and messy, and a small horn on the head depleted of energy.

She laughs, "You failed to stop me, Twilight Sparkle! You and your friends are scattered throughout Equestria! The Elements of Harmony in the hands of your enemies! Canterlot City overtaken, Ponyville under control of Tirek, Sombra slaving the Crystal Empire! You never had a chance."

Twilight Sparkle, fighting against her body's urge to collapse onto the ground from sheer exhaustion both physically and magically, stood up defiantly against Mors Flamma. "I have not failed... I will succeed!"

Mors frowned, "You are broken, Twilight Sparkle, you have no magical energy left to defeat me!" She shouted at the unicorn that dared to still continue and fight against her.

The pyrokinectic using minotaur raised her right palm into the air, magic fueling into the empty hand as she began to conjure a fiery ball on top it. "Perish! Pony civilization is at its end!" She yells in anger, throwing the ball of flame at Twilight.

The unicorn bit her lip harshly, drips of blood oozing down her chin as she pushed her body's limits, rolling to the side and avoiding the burning ball of flame. Without any magic to use, having spent it all in trying to save Yanhoover's population from the burning fires, and lacking the physical superiority of her friends, Applejack and Rainbow Dash, she couldn't do anything but dodge again and again.

'Think Twilight, there has to be something!' Twilight Sparkle thought hastily, trying in some matter to come up with any sort of plan. 'There has to be something! Anything! Equestria is depending on you! Not just me, but my friends as well! If I'm not there, my friends are sure to fail as well! We can only beat them together, as a team!'

The mare dodged another bolt of fire, taking cover behind a stone statue miraculously saved from the town's destruction that continued to burn around her.

'So many screams... So much death...' Twilight thought, her eyes continuing to tear up once more, 'I can't do this... No Twilight, shape up! If you beat Mors, then you can stop the flames!'

"I got you!" Mors Flamma yelled as an enforced ball of fire blasted the statue, the sheer kinetic force behind it sending Twilight Sparkle flying through the air, before crashing harshly on the ground in the midst of the town's center tourist attraction.

Twilight's brain automatically brought the info on sight of the large circle rune-like pattern that displayed before her exhausted body. 'The rumored Yanhoover Circuit, it's been here since the town's beginning, said to be carved by Starswirl the Bearded himself as a blessing for the city's prosperity...'

Shaking her head, a few drops of blood dripping onto the Yanhoover Circuit, she got back on her hooves. The unicorn's body swaying in its attempts to balance itself, pain racking through her system.

"I have to beat you... Then stop the flames... Beat you... Flames..." Twilight repeated out loud, 'I need help, I can't do this alone! I need my friends, I need the princesses, I need anypony... Anybody!'

The holder of the Element of Magic, Twilight Sparkle, looked back at Mors Flamma, "You will be beaten! For everypony in Equestria! Harmony will come back!" She felt a magical surge come from deep within, and tried to grasp it, it lit up light a bright star, channeling into her horn she held her head up high and it start to spew forth purple flares that surrounded the entirety of her form.

Mors Flamma stepped back in surprise, "Where did you suddenly get this magic from?!" She exclaimed.

Twilight Sparkle clenched her teeth, 'It's too much energy... It's hard to control- Huh?' She arupted stopped her thought as she felt all the magical energy she had being drained into the ground underneath her. 'What's going on?!'

The Yanhoover Circuit, the once thought useless symbol meant only for the purpose of tourism, began to lit up brightly with Twilight Sparkle's magical energy. Brighter... Brighter... Brighter it lit up, blinding Mors Flamma and Twilight Sparkle, the latter who began to step back away from the circle as the last of the magical energy she had gathered from within be absorbed into the runes.

Twilight used her left hoof to block the sheer amounts of light emitting from the Yanhoover Circuit, suddenly, she felt a burning pain etching itself within the hoof she used. Her eyes darted to the forehoof of it, and saw three red-hued blade symbols now embedded into her skin, each blade's tip all joining into the middle, making a perfect circle if one is to trace along all three of the handles.

She took notice the light begin to die down, and put her hoof down to see something that she had never lay eyes on before. A being that stood on two legs, completely hairless except for the top of its head which had a crimson color, wore blue jeans and white with blue shirt, and held two golden-brown eyes that stared directly at her.


Before he could open his eyes from the blindness of the light that engulfed him while he was traveling, he smelled the burning embers and ash of a fire. It was all too familiar to him. When he did gain sight, it was greeted by the image of a small injured purple pony. His eyes caught sight of three Command Spells branded on its left hoof. At first, he was confused, but the sight of its... Nor, her, eyes told him that this pony is as human as any other human.

Which is stranger that he was summoned, he haven't even died yet.

His eyes trailed over the burning fires, and his ears finally picked up on the sorrowful cries of the living, the crying of the dying, the screams of agony echoing throughout the city.

This was the closest representative he had ever seen to that very same fire fifteen years ago... The fire he had prevented from happening again nearly five years ago with Her by his side.

Shirou Emiya, victor of the Fifth Holy Grail War, clenched his fists in barely contained anger.

"Oh, and what are you?"

He turned around, placing his backside protectively in front of his new Master, her eyes had instantly told him that she was but a little girl forced into a roll she never asked for, but tried to fulfill anyway.

Shirou Emiya stared at the being in front of him, in a instant he could tell that this person was one that was cruel, delighted in the suffering around him, and no doubt the cause for the fire.

"I..." He started to say, "Am a hero."

The minotaur-like creature in front him paused, before grinning with malicious intent, "Alright then, hero, I am Mors Flamma, the pyrokinetic minotaur released of my prison! As you can see, I made quick work of this city, will you try and stop me?"

"You... You caused all of this? Why?" Shirou asked.

"Why? Because it's revenge of course! They trap me in a prison, I repay the favor by encasing them in flame!" She replied with little remorse.

"Why did they imprison you then?" He asked calmly, trying to reign in his anger from acting out wildly.

Mors answered him, "Oh, I might have caused a few mile long fires in highly populated areas a few hundred years ago or so. Nobody could stop me until Princess Celestia finally beat me."

Shirou Emiya snapped, this person, he hated these kinds of people. They take away lives with little remorse, uncaring that all lives are precious! As his duty as Hero of Justice, he had to put a stop to her!

"Enough of this talk, I'll just kill you here and finish Twilight Sparkle before continuing my vengeance!" The minotaur yelled before conjuring great fireballs in both palms and launching them at Shirou.

Like a trigger, he switched his magic circuits on, od flooding into them and the feeling of electrical currents channeling through his body as the circuits converted the od into prana, the magical energy used in all magecraft.

"Trace... On!"

A single sword projected into existence, both of his hands gripping the handle as it formed within seconds of his saying of those words. It is a common looking weapon, a hilt wrapped in red cloth and a gray tone in the blade's steel. Shirou Emiya brings it to his side, before swinging it horizontally just as the two fire balls come in front of him.

The two balls of flame are cut in two, before being absorbed into the sword as if it was a black hole solely desiring the element of fire. The gray tone of the blade takes a orange hue, before it glows brightly, small sparkles of light coming off and dissipating into the air before the sword returns to its natural state.

Suddenly, Shirou heard the voice similar to a young teen girl behind him, "H-How did you do that?"

He replied, knowing it could only be his Master, "Tân Amsugno, the Flame Absorption blade from a Welsh Swordsman. It absorbs all matter of fire into it before dispersing it as harmless light."

Funny how he found the particular sword in a museum of all things while in England, he instantly felt his inner world, as he likes to call wherever the blades are stored, copy and replicate it into it at first glance. It had been mostly damaged and unusable within the museum, but it had been copied in pristine condition.

"Not that... I meant how did you make the sword?" She said.

"Oh..." Shirou answered, feeling a bit stupid, "Later Master, I have to defeat Mors." He finished, beginning to walk forward to his opponent, determination on his face, the E-Ranked Noble Phantasm in his right hand.

"Wait! What's your name?" She said.

He paused briefly, his summoning didn't give him any information about his class, plus, there was only one person deserving the title of Saber in his mind. "Shirou Emiya, yours?"

"Twilight Sparkle..." She trailed off.

At this point, Mors Flamma got out of her stupor, "I had been careless! I will still burn you alive! Prepare to perish!"

"Pleasure to meet you, Master," It felt a little odd, yet nostalgic of his time with Her, when he address Twilight like that. "I'll defeat Mors, you go and help anyone you can!" Shirou exclaimed, his expression becoming serious.

"R-Right!" Twilight Sparkle answered, she had all sorts of questions, but they can wait. She had confidence, that with this new friend, Shirou Emiya, they could save the ponies of Yanhoover.

Shirou Emiya looked toward Mors Flamma, "Never again, this day and never again shall you cause such destruction!"

Reinforcing his body with prana, a trick he's learned in the past few years, he increased his speed, durablity, and strength and charged at Mors Flamma while yelling his battle cry.

"Raaaaaaaagh!" Shirou yells as he slashed forward Tân Amsugno, but his eyes trailed over the blade that came out and parried his own, in the back of his head he felt his inner world copy, record, replicate, and store the sword within himself.

Tân Amsugno cracked slightly, Shirou clenched his fist around its hilt, the Noble Phantasm weapons were always weaker than their original counterparts, and his Tracing still had imperfections despite five years of constant use. Quickly he disengaged and swung once more, only to be parried again, and again, until Tân Amsugno shattered altogether into yellow shards of prana energy which dissipated into nothingness.

Mors begins to mock saying, "Your sword has broken, you are beaten-"

With a bright flash of light, another sword formed within Shirou hands, this time it was a generic sword from the time of King Arthur's reign. Used by the soldiers of that era.

"How, I just broke your weapon!" She exclaims in shock.

"I have limitless blades," Shirou replied earnestly, "Aaaagh!"

A bright light lit up briefly as steel met steel, small sparks scattering across the ground as they engaged in swordsplay. The human hero never once giving the minotaur time to cast flame spell at any moment, always on the offensive, striking and parrying, slashing and dodging. The way Shirou moves is like that of a trained knight, yet holding a more agile and dexterous movement to it, his blows are heavy and powerful, causing sparks to go wayward about as he pushes Mors further back.

Another of Shirou's blades shatter from a powerful attack from Mors own, but summoned human steps back away from her, tracing another nameless blade into his hands. But the minotaur had managed to cast a fiery spell, and a long jet of flame bursts forward from her palms at him.

He dodged to his left, avoiding the attack, watching briefly as it destroys the previously half remains of a house. He needs to end this faster, Twilight did look exhausted when he was summoned, so she can't handle saving too many people. The quicker he finishes this, the more people that can be saved.

Discarding the blade he created previously, letting it evaporate into prana, he reached into his inner world for something better.

'Imagine it...' He began to quote in his mind, 'Something that can beat her!'

He felt his inner world shift, and the image of a sword appeared in his mind. He grasped it, letting od burn through his circuits, a small pang of pain racking his body as he channeled the prana from his magical circuits into his magecraft.

"Trace... On."

A sword, in the style befitting than of the ancient Greeks, formed in his right hand. It is a one-handed sword, quite generic looking, but it had a feeling to it.

'The blade, it has no name... But it thirsts for minotaur blood after Theseus used it to kill the minotaur of Crete, in revenge for all the children it ate as sacrifices for Athens losing a war.' Shirou thought, looking up to Mors, 'And this minotaur has killed a lot in the fires she's created. Funny, if it wasn't for Gilgamesh, I wouldn't have all these copies, I guess that bastard good for something.'

Mors Flamma shivered, "That-That blade..." She trailed off, before shaking her head. "No, you will die all the same!" She said, and launched more fireballs toward his direction, her weapon in her left hand.

Shirou charged, "The fire you created shall end today! As a Hero of Justice, I will save everyone!"

"Fool! Nobody can save everyone!" She exclaimed, firing more and more toward the charging hero.

"Doesn't mean I can't try! I will save everyone in this town from you!" He had reached melee range quicker than she anticipated. He had dodged and weaved out of the way of every single spell she mustered, fires burning all around him as he approached. He swung, she pulled up her sword.

The blade broke through it.

Blood spewed forth.

Mors Flamma crashed to the ground, headless.

Shirou Emiya looked toward the body of the minotaur, before pushing it slightly until it slid into a cart on fire, where it became a charred corpse until it was reduced to dust. He left the blade vanished from existence, where he turned and started running back toward the direction of the still burning buildings.

He had people to save, and a Master to aid, and then he will continue his search for the one he loved.

Saber.

Author's Note:

I had this idea stuck in my head for too long, this story will be a side-story. And as such, will not get as updated often like Saiyan of Equestria and Undestined Friendship. Mostly it depends on my mood for writing this beauty.

Tân Amsugno - Meaning 'Flame Absorption' in Welsh, a sword I made up. E-Ranked Noble Phantasm.