• Published 7th Aug 2015
  • 657 Views, 2 Comments

Fleur On The Runway - rosebug



Fashion Week is one of the most stressful times of the year for Fleur de Lis. As a model, she is under scrutiny to look a certain way and she will do anything to keep up with her image.

  • ...
 2
 657

Introduction

It was the waiting that was more painful than the pangs in my empty stomach.

I tried to stand as still as possible as the seamstress made any final adjustments to the closing gown for the show tomorrow.

My publicist had reminded me many times already of how important this show was for my career.

I was chosen to close the show.

Hoity Toity's show.

It was one of the biggest honors in the modeling world. Hoity Toity was the most important fashion designer in Equestria and he was incredibly picky about what models walked in his shows, and especially picky about which model would do the final walk down the runway with him at the end of the show.

“Hoity wanted to let you know that he would like for you to lose five pounds to wear the dress,” my publicist told me just as the initial excitement for booking the spot ceased. “It is a one of a kind gown. You must design yourself to fit into the dress, not the other way around.”

So, in anticipation of having to wear a one of a kind dress that was designed for somebody five pounds smaller than I was, I cut down on my consumption of food drastically.

I would be lying if I said that it was the first time I had to do this.

The day of fittings was the worst. I hadn't eaten breakfast, I refused to go near anypony for fear of their bad breath latching onto me since I refused to brush my teeth that morning.

What if I accidentally swallowed some water? How would that affect my weight?

Despite my ravaging thoughts, I stood completely still. The seamstress poked and prodded me with pins along the bottom of the dress. No mention of my weight so far today, but I didn't feel like I was in the clear just yet and the lack of communication from the seamstress did little to calm my nerves. She was taking her sweet time making the adjustments, dragging out this experience longer than it should have been.

Finally, she looked up at me and smiled.

“Perfect!” She announced.

I admired my reflection in the mirror, the metallic gold dress appeared to have been poured onto my body like liquid gold and melting into a fan around my hind legs. It was a stunning effect and at the show tomorrow, once my hair and makeup were done to cover up all of my other flaws, it would look even better. Hoity Toity would be pleased.

I let out a sigh of relief. I had done it. My career was safe once more and for the time being, I was perfect.