• Published 12th Jun 2015
  • 1,109 Views, 6 Comments

Like it was Yesterday... - Sparkler-iFIC



King Sombra poses a threat to Equestria once more! And it was not long after the recent defeat either. Twilight the Unicorn, has many challenges to face, will she be able to pass this test and save Equestria?

  • ...
3
 6
 1,109

My Future is in the Past

Twilight Sparkle, the Unicorn, had a normal every day life. She was in the Golden Oak and it seemed to just be all going her way. She had just sent in her friendship letter for the week. Spike came rolling down the stairs, hurling up, hitting his first upon his chest. "Spike, cough it up before you end up-" It was then the scroll came flying out. A little wet because he didn't open his mouth in time. "This is exactly what I was talking about." She passed a bemused expression towards her number one assistant. Now reading over the scroll, not daring to touch it, her eyes widened. Dropping the scroll she looked to Spike in horror. "I'm needed in Canterlot at once!"

His eyes lit up, "I'll get the saddle-"

She shook her head, "No need Spike. She told me to go alone."

Spike had a pouty face, "... Why don't I ever get to come?"

Twilight's eyes softened, "I heard Pinkie Pie and Applejack are going to Manehattan for a Bakery competition, you should go see if you can join them." His eyes lit up and like lightning he sped out of the Library. A small smile spread across her muzzle before it instantly faded. Turning off all of the lights she got herself out of the library and to the train station were it took her to Canterlot.

She finally reached Canterlot and just in the right amount of time. For who other then Shining Armor himself, waited there for her. "Shouldn't you be in the Crystal Empire at this time?"

He shook his head, "Cadence and Luna has it all covered. She told me to be here and help you out."

Twilight gave a nod, "It's good to see you again though." She gave him a hug. He smiled and hugged her back.

It was short lived as he had pushed her away a moment after that. "Come on! We have to get moving." At first she had a blank expression before finally catching on.

"Oh! Right." Both darting off, they got to the Castle as fast as they could.

"Good, you finally made it." Princess Celestia spoke calmly. "Hurry inside we have matters to discuss..."

...Moments later...

"You want- Me to do that? I'm not a Princess! I'm just... A unicorn."

Celestia smiled, "I have all of my faith put into you, because I know you can do this. I wouldn't ask if I didn't believe. Are you saying I am wrong to pass this kind of judgment?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

Twilight's pupils dilated, "O-Of course not! I would never." She shook her head. "Then I see no problem. Are you ready?"

Twilight checked, "All my limbs are in tact... I have a newly updated History of The Crystal Empire, and a book with enough information on Sombra, newly updated- Plus I added a few pages myself after the last incident! Paper and pens, and a sack of bits just in case." She grinned wide.

Celestia gave a nod, "Good. I hope your travels will bring you luck and success... Oh and Twilight- Remember. You cannot contact me or my sister. We can not know of you in that time... It would ruin the balance of this time line. Twilight, life in this new Equestria is difficult, and there are a lot of different challenges you must face... It's like a whole new world. Now go Twilight! You have no time to lose, the fate of Equestria is in your hooves... And your hooves only."

"Wait!" Twilight said in a voice of desperation. "Haven't we tried using the Crystal Heart? Or the Elements of Harmony?"

"He is to out of control. There is no way of stopping him at this rate. We have no other option but to take this route. No time to argue Twilight!" She said with a stern voice.

Twilight's heart pounded. "Yes... Celestia..."

Celestia's horn glowed yellow as she then placed it on her horn. "Goodbye Twilight. Till we meet again..."

All of this flashed before her eyes. As she was taken back in time....

She stood there watching as all of the years passed by in reverse, at a high speed. There were moments where she could see herself. Like the time she defeated Discord! ... When she first heard about Discord and Celestia was explaining this. Her growing up... Halls empty, even when Celestia was crying. Sometimes when she looked out of the window. All of this showed, all of it burned in her mind. Closing her eyes, as this began to hurt. It was when at last there was a loud thundering sound and this all stopped. She blinked as she looked around the place. It was the Canterlot Castle!

Her eyes wide... "I cannot believe my eyes... It's... Canterlot. But- How?"