• Published 3rd Jun 2015
  • 575 Views, 0 Comments

The Triumphant return of...King Sombra? - Ednac



No pony is born evil, so that means King Sombra wasn't either, right?

  • ...
2
 0
 575

What have I done? CH. 1

Ednac

The triumphant return of King Sombra

Chapter 1 What have I done?

_………………………………………………………….. _

“Come on Sombra, I’ll race you to the market!”

“I’m going to win!”

“In your dreams!”

They were just going out for a stroll today, and Sombra knew it would be a good day. But, something just wasn’t right. As they began the race Sombra swear he saw a purple-green snake racing with them, and BOY was he scared of snakes, but it disappeared. They were almost to the market now, but that’s odd. No one is here in the middle of the day? Usually the market district in the Empire was full in the middle of the day. He didn’t even see anyone when he was running out of the castle room with his lover. His father hadn’t said anything about staying inside today. He looked back at his lover, and OH CELESTIA! What is that? Some sort of purple-green embodiment of his lover with red eyes, and it looked furious

“Please, come back to me my love! Where are you? Don’t do this to me again!,” Sombra exclaimed.

“In your dreams,” it said

…………………………………………………………………………….

Sombra woke up, and the first thing he saw was white, and nothing but. Everything was white and really quite warm. Man what a dream he had. He began struggling to move and try to get out of his white prison. At this point he was sure he was stuck in snow somewhere in the frozen north. A far ways from home he’d thought. Now he could see light as he was kicking his way out of his hole. What was he going to do? Now as he rises from the white cell. I’m in the middle of nowhere, and the closest city is the one I’m banished from… think Sombra think! Walk. Pick a direction and go. Or teleport? He eventually decided he would cast a spell to find out where to go, and from there begin the long trek. A trail of tears. He saw many places he could go, but he decided that maybe the best way to deal with this was to go speak to the new ruler of the Empire, but how? Well the spell said she was in Canterlot for now, so off Sombra went.

....................................................................................

After the passing of a few days, Sombra saw train tracks and then he eventually arrived at a small train side town, completely deprived of his energy, starving and cold. He arrived at the doorstep of a peculiar building called: The Horseshoe Crib. It was a small joint with a bar as a lobby and the upstairs was meant for lodging. He walked in to see a few sketchy ponies, and some were staring at him. He shrugged it off and went to the bartender.

“Can I have a room please?”

“Of course, and are you one of those ponies tryna see the Crystal Empire? We are expected a lot more business now since that King-“

“NO! I am not associated with the Crystal Empire at all!,” Sombra yelled, spitting mad.

“Uhm, alright, your room will be the first one with the door open upstairs…”

Sombra ran upstairs as tears began forming and slowly falling from his eyes. He quickly shut the door, surrendered to his bed and wept.

“What have I done?!” he exclaimed, “What has happened to me?”

He looked to the desk beside his bed. There was a newspaper there, and its headline was The reign of evil King Sombra is over! He laid back and tried to think of the times before this whole mess. A time before the Crystal Empire was even the Crystal Empire.

…………………………………………………………………………………………….

“Sombra hmm? That’s a cool name. I like it,” she said

“Well I think your name is beautiful as well,” Sombra replied

“Aww, Thank you Sombra”

“Say, **********, are you free tomorrow?”

“Yes, but why d-do you ask Sombra?

“I was thinking th-that m-maybe you wanted to go out somewhere together?”

“Of course I would Sombra! Does this mean we are a thing now?,” she exclaimed

“I guess so.” He said

She transformed into a purple green mare with an angry expression and said: “Well, I WOULD NEVER WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH SUCH AN EVIL DEVIOUS STALLION LIKE YOU! NEVER SPEAK TO ME AGAIN! YOU VILE SELFISH ASSHOLE!”

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

………………………………………………………………………….

AAAAAAAAAA!!” Sombra screamed as he heard a knocking on the door. The door soon opened to reveal the same bartender that was there last night

“Are you okay sir? You seemed to be having quite the nightmare, and when you came in it looked like you were havin' quite the rough day”

“Oh, Uhm, No! I mean, I’m fine!”

“Alright, well take care. Also, A round of drinks is on the house today to celebrate the Exile of King Sombra, so come on down.”

The bartender soon left and left Sombra there. Now they were celebrating that his evil had ended. Sombra didn’t know what to think. Should he celebrate that the evil is finally gone, or should he be sad that people hate him so much that they celebrate when he leaves? He started to question his plans and motives. He was good on motives, for nothing stops love, but how would this new ruler take to him? Well she was supposedly the princess of love, so she could understand right? He doesn’t really know .

He headed downstairs anyways thought that maybe the drinks and food might cheer him up. When he got there he saw a very… Ironic scene. The ponies in the bar were in line to throw darts at a picture of King Sombra. Sombra decided he might as well join in too to relieve some stress. One by one the line died and the ponies went back to their drinks. The bartender fetched the darts and handed them to Sombra. Sombra hesitated.

"Go on give it a try," the bartender said. He then glanced at the picture of King Sombra and back at Sombra. His expression changed drastically. "Are you....?", but Sombra was already out the door.

~~until next time~~

_.........................................._

Author's Note:

This is relatively short chapter. It was a slow start and it needed to be done. I'm expecting alot from this story. Man i'm pretty sure i started just stopping adding commas in places teehee. I've got alot of plans here and i really want some feed back about if anyone wants to see a story like this. I know this chapter isn't the best, but the action starts right after!
:yay:
Also here is a little game: Most likely if you live in america i'm posting this at midnight. Am I an Insomniac or just live across the world? :pinkiecrazy:
Oh crap I have more to say, but I forgot what so... I'm sure it might come up in the comments if there are any LOL @_@